Roberto Cavalli for H&M

Women bleeding...:shock:
That's absolutely ridiculous.

Im gonna go check if my local store has any returns.

Thats very strange that they restocked in NY, cause here they said they won't restock at all this year (as they have done in the past with other collections)... hmm..

I would have imagined Roberto being in Sweden for this since H&M is from there...

I'ld love to see some pics! especially of the golden dress

i'll post some pics of the stuff I got over the next day or so when I have access to my digicam.

most stuff on ebay is starting at the rrp so as long as ur happy to pay posting, theres no reason people can't get the stuff they were after which they might have missed out on.

I wish london gave away free vouchers!! that's amazing! so technically if you were first in line & got a voucher you could have got one of the key pieces for free! lucky new yorkers!

still quiet surprised at the success of a lot it though- the cheeah print everywhere is a bit :/

I definitely think people got caught up in the moment!

Completely agree.
I preferred the Viktor & Rolf line, it was artistic, wearable and chic, but Cavalli's is just cheap (looking) and skanky. While I was on the bus today, I looked out the window and saw quite a few people going crazy in H&M, oh god it was hilarious. You can spot all that tacky print sh*t from a mile away. :ninja::yuk::sick:

I agree. I actually liked the Stella line the most. Let's hope they do better next year.

just checked the h&m finland online store.. everything else is sold out but the tights.. lol

ps. Did anyone try on the black skinny jeans? How was the fit? Just curious...

I think the blue jeans and the leopard print pants were hidious..

I went with my mom, BF, and friend to line up at the H&M in Coquitlam....for some reason I didn't think that there would be a lineup (it's small town Coquitlam!!!!) and far away from civilization. WRONG. People were lining up since 4am...one lady flew in from Calgary, and some were from Seattle.

When the doors openend, I rushed in as well, and stood shell-shocked for a good 5 seconds. The scene was madness! People were grabbing racks, having mini-catfights, and I was so disorientated that I only managed to get a bra and a leopard silk scarf. My BF managed to grab a tuxedo set that he later on traded for a men's trench coat (lucky guy!). My friend came away from the scene with 2 stockings, also shell-shocked from the shoppers battlefield. Within minutes the racks were empty and the SA were restocking with regular H&M stuff.

We got lucky though. I didn't expect my mom to emerge at the other side with armloads of stuff, but she did. I traded some of it for sizes/goods and this is what we came out with:

-leopard silk scarf
-lingerie
-white leopard silk dress
-white and black ruffle/ribbon tuxedo tops
-leopard bustier corset
-white leopard pants (I'll probably return these, too much going on)

The quality is better than I expected. For instance, the corset and dress were 100% silk. I own a couple of other Cavalli items (silk skirts, basic shirts) and the tailoring is almost identical, very flattering for curves, only lacking in quality of material and stitching strength. Also, yes. If you wear too much leopard print, it can be overwhelming or tacky/trashy, but layering and toning it down with other clothing, it can look good. I'm planning to wear the snow leopard mini dress over a black top, with black tights, black pumps, and perhaps a cardigan layered over, with a black waist belt.

I heard from a girl who was trying on stuff in the fitting rooms that the black skinny jeans were really tight in the waist, but loose in the hips/bum area. Maybe cut more like trousers than usual jeans. Fit was a hit and miss with Cavalli's stuff. Some girls surprised themselves with the sizes that they needed (some stuff fit bigger, some smaller).

I do wish that ebay and H&M partnered up with a new law that says you CAN'T ebay designer collaborations, as I suspect many in the store were buying for resale (one guy grabbed 5 ladies trench coat...as my friend and I gave him the evil eye, and he proceeded to march to the cashier).

As for myself, my favorite item has to be the silk dress and of course, the corset. My mom helped me lace myself up yesterday and we all marveled at the hourglass figure, how big it made me look (up there) and my new waist. I don't know if I have the guts to actually wear it outiside of the house yet, though. It screams "SEX" rather loudly ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
catwalkqueen.tv
2cav.jpg

Roberto Cavalli for H&M in Stockholm!
article_image_68e975836b4841ab.jpg

article_image_14172b4be913a1c1.jpg

article_image_b7fe4fa8e493f86b.jpg

article_image_fd3e06e60b2dbbef.jpg

article_image_84f75437e2e52b4a.jpg

article_image_2db7b7569d85e121.jpg

Stureplan.se

Completely agree.
I preferred the Viktor & Rolf line, it was artistic, wearable and chic, but Cavalli's is just cheap (looking) and skanky. While I was on the bus today, I looked out the window and saw quite a few people going crazy in H&M, oh god it was hilarious. You can spot all that tacky print sh*t from a mile away. :ninja::yuk::sick:

tnx for expressing my thoughts!!!!

icey yes the tux is very well made. my best friend got it for her bf. i was very impressed with the quality and cut.

ugh i just wrote a long page summary of everything i got to try on and was logged off so i lost it all!

racked.com. man, the stitching on the jeans looks awful! and sparkly mens underwear!!! :sick:
2007_11_cheapjunk5.jpg

2007_11_cheapjunk3.jpg

2007_11_cheapjunk4.jpg

Wow the ads didn't look nearly this tacky. Wow, guess I'm glad I didn't go.

am i the only one who dosent find the appeal in this line?!?!
I rather have pieces from his own label, then clothes that look like they are half ***ed, no offense to those who love h&m or what RC did for h&m.

I just think some of the pieces, esp the shoes are super tacky..blah the only thing I would have gotten would be the gold dress, and thats judging from the ads only, im sure as usual it doesnt look like that IRL. lol

icey yes the tux is very well made. my best friend got it for her bf. i was very impressed with the quality and cut.

ugh i just wrote a long page summary of everything i got to try on and was logged off so i lost it all!

Thanks!! :flower: much appreciated... glad to hear that the tux is of good quality and a good fit...

what is the size range for the tux?

:rofl: #637 everything looks ridiculous tacky. so everything happened like expected. from the first moment i heard about the plans RC + h&m
I thought : god, ew that is going to be a animal-print plague.
but to feel confirmed , tommorow I will satisfy myself and visit one of the hundreds h&m-stores in berlin. was too lazy until now.

oh and it's so overpriced , the quality looks really bad.

i didn't like his line for h&m at all. i want to see marc jacobs, it's more hm-ish =D

I wanted to get some pieces, but I did not want to queue like those people did from 5.30am.

I will take my chances on Ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->