Roberto Cavalli for H&M

I'm not going to say anything really before I see it, but I normally don't care for Cavalli at all. I'm disappointed, but still kind of curious.

there's one aspect of this collaboration which continues to catch me off guard. with karl lagerfeld, stella mccartney, and viktor and rolf, one could reasonably say that they design things at such a high level that those on the street may never get their hands on their designs because the pricepoint never reaches below the stars. however, roberto cavalli has a panoply of lines to serve all aspects of the market already and many of his bridge lines do not get manufactured from the highest quality of materials. i thought the entire purpose of the designer collections from h+m remained to showcase one's design skills with cheap materials to give the masses a taste of what they can do. roberto cavalli already has this. at best, this'll look like a just cavalli warehouse sale.

i'm not really thrilled, i had such high expectations! can't be worse than madonna's collection, though.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't have an opinion on this. Not until I see some pictures, anyway. Cavalli's latest collections haven't been that bad, I actually liked FW 07/08 a lot. I think he can do somevery interesting and perhaps wearable dresses if he stays away from embellishments and print (though, I fear he will be tempted. He does love acid green and leopard print :doh: ).

I dind't expect this, but I don't think I''ll run to the stores either.
I'm not too fond of Cavalli..definately not enough to risk my neck when all tose people are tossing for a piece:P

this is gonna be just cavalli. Cavalli with the quality of H&M. Just Cavalli.

no, please, not him....
Wow the Cavalli Haters Came out in full force. $265 dollars is riduclous for H&M you might as well A. Go buy Just Cavalli or B. Wait for the Roberto Cavalli Season sale an get something hell I think eluxury has mainline pieces onsale right now for around $200. Also to respond mikeijames comment about having bridge lines you do have a point but remember when Karl had the one season line the BOMBED at Neiman Marcus the tshirts where $80 an i thought the M by Madonna was a good line at least I heard great reviews for it.

I'm not a fan of Cavalli but I'm very curious how the collection would look like. That could be interesting :P

not all he does is bad or tacky, how can people hate cavalli so much??

yes, but

Also to respond mikeijames comment about having bridge lines you do have a point but remember when Karl had the one season line the BOMBED at Neiman Marcus the tshirts where $80 an i thought the M by Madonna was a good line at least I heard great reviews for it.

if i recall correctly, karl lagerfeld tried his hand at a bridge line because of the success of his collection for h+m which sold out in minutes in some locations. also, if i recall correctly, he explained away the failure of his karl lagerfeld line because he did not know how to design halfway: he could design something cheap or something expensive, he's perplexed how to design something that's neither.

i spotted in the july vogue (the one with natalia vodianova on the cover) a plain, long, black backless gown done by cavalli that i totally adored. it's beautiful and well-cut. i know he distinguishes himself with sort of aggressive, outrageous prints and colors, but i'm hoping he'll have a few pieces like the black dress in his line. (it sounds like the price point might be high enough for them!)

im expecting the safari zoo invading H&M
for the women's line anyways...

if i recall correctly, karl lagerfeld tried his hand at a bridge line because of the success of his collection for h+m which sold out in minutes in some locations. also, if i recall correctly, he explained away the failure of his karl lagerfeld line because he did not know how to design halfway: he could design something cheap or something expensive, he's perplexed how to design something that's neither.

No offense but that is a pathetic excuse. "I cant design at those price points that is why it failed" :rolleyes::rolleyes: I like Karl Largerfeld but I dont think that is the reason sales were bad and Tommy Hilfiger pulled the plug. Which in a way i feel bad for Karl his designs for Fendi & Chanel are great an do well why under his own name clothing & (bad)fragrance. They dont seem to take off for example do Lagerfeld Gallery and K Lagerfeld even have stores?

yes, yes, but

No offense but that is a pathetic excuse. "I cant design at those price points that is why it failed" :rolleyes::rolleyes: I like Karl Largerfeld but I dont think that is the reason sales were bad and Tommy Hilfiger pulled the plug. Which in a way i feel bad for Karl his designs for Fendi & Chanel are great an do well why under his own name clothing & (bad)fragrance. They dont seem to take off for example do Lagerfeld Gallery and K Lagerfeld even have stores?

while i find myself skeptical as to the reasons of the failure of karl lagerfeld as a mid-range brand, it's nonetheless the reason he offered and it does have some basis. there remain very few brands that perform well at the pricepoint which karl lagerfeld sold. lagerfeld gallery's not going anywhere and we all know that chanel and fendi continue to outperform the pack. further, it's clear that even with the old helmut lang designer helming that line, it couldn't prove itself in the marketplace.

back to the topic, it'll be interesting to see if roberto cavalli performs even as well as the viktor and rolf collaboration, which disappointed, or rises to the level of the stella and karl wares; somehow, i doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abzal17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->