Roberto Cavalli for H&M

Allius that was hilarious. I can really see him doing the multiprint for H&M that seems to mainline signature to then make a cheap version of it doesnt make sense. I hope for suits or maybe cool winter coat or sweater. I hope that shirt doesnt make it.

i didn't read any of the posts... just by reading the title of the subject i say "NO WAY"!!
H&M and Cavalli???? NO WAY!

well that was very surprising..i dont hate Cavalli,sometimes he designes good pieces but i cant imagine him designing clothes for H&M :ermm: but i am actually still exciting to see clothes..

omg, these are the four strangest words: ROBERTO CAVALLI FOR H&M! WHOA! IMO, Cavalli can only look "good" (good, meaning for those people whose style he matches) if the quality of the workmanship, the fabric, the cut are superb. Anything inferior would just scream wh*re and a cheap wh*re-suite. Sorry to sound harsh, but Stella and V&R were both this way (cheaply made, low-quality) but at leasy they didn't require miles of lace and tigerstripes.

I don't really like Cavalli, but this can be even interesting :smile:

excerpt from wwd

Cavalli to Collaborate With H&M
By Amanda Kaiser and Robert Murphy

Cavalli is the latest designer to join forces with Hennes and Mauritz for a one-off collaboration. The 40-plus piece collection will launch Nov. 8 in about 200 H&M locations around the world.

The tie-up was revealed as H&M on Wednesday said store openings and trendy designs by pop icon Madonna lifted second-quarter profits 31 percent to 5.13 billion Swedish kronor, or $742 million. Sales for the three months through May 31 improved 18 percent to 20.05 billion kronor, or $2.9 billion, helped by the M by Madonna line that H&M launched in March. Pop chanteuse Kylie Minogue also bolstered sales by serving as the muse for the H&M Loves Kylie swimwear collection.

Nils Vinge, H&M head of investor relations, said both of the celebrity lines had a "meaningful impact" on sales, but were equally valuable for driving traffic into the stores and drawing media attention.

But the Swedish fast-fashion giant missed analysts' consensus expectations and said same-store sales in May dropped 2 percent. H&M shares lost 1.5 percent to close at 416 kronor, or $60.18, in trading on the Stockholm Bourse. Dollar figures for quarterly results are at the average exchange rate.

To unveil the deal with H&M, Cavalli summoned journalists to his sprawling Tuscan estate.

"Young people come up to me with these big eyes full of desire to wear a Cavalli dress and often they can't because of the price," Cavalli told WWD as his personal collection of parrots squawked in the background. "I dedicate this collection with Hennes and Mauritz to them, to give them the possibility to wear a Cavalli dress, whether it's for New Year's or another occasion and feel like they are on a red carpet."

Margareta van den Bosch, H&M's head of design, said she and Cavalli had spent the last two days on fittings and she's eager to see customers' reactions. H&M and Cavalli are planning a party to fete the collaboration sometime in the fall. The timing and location of the event are still being determined.

"I think it was unexpected and something very different," van den Bosch said of the Cavalli agreement. She doesn't see the momentum of designer collaborations waning anytime soon, noting consumers' warm reception to the retailer's previous initiatives with Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Viktor & Rolf.

"I think people are crazy about this. I don't know how we could stop," she laughed.

Both Cavalli and van den Bosch declined to talk design specifics, but Cavalli said he is focusing on partywear for the winter holiday period. Van den Bosch said the line, featuring many of Cavalli's signature prints, has a "very Latin mood… kind of a luxurious feeling."

The collection will consist of 25 apparel and lingerie pieces for women and another 20 items for men. Van den Bosch said the Cavalli line will feature higher quality materials than those traditionally used in H&M clothing, including cashmere and 100 percent wool. Cavalli and H&M are also rolling out an accessories collection. A price range was not yet available but H&M representatives said the most expensive pieces would be around 200 euros, or about $265 at current exchange.

I don't think this will sell very well in northern europe.

A price range was not yet available but H&M representatives said the most expensive pieces would be around 200 euros, or about $265 at current exchange.
wow! it's no more the H&M philosophy....
this is ridiculous... aren't they trying to start this collaboration many more often and trying to do a "luxe H&M"?

$265...thats so expensive :shock:

but it doesn't really matter because I hate Cavalli...he's easily one of my least favorite designers.

I was hoping for someone who I actually like since I just got an HM in my area, but whatever. I don't really like the majority of their clothes anyway.

The more I think about it the more I'm disappointed. I guess I won't be camping out anywhere this year. Seriously, even if I had money I wouldn't buy regular Cavalli, let alone this cheap collab with H&M. For some reason I really thought it was going to be Hedi or Raf Simons, or maybe wishful thinking but this is too Posh Spice/Beyonce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this will sell very well in northern europe.

^That made me laugh.

I'm actually sort of excited about this and I HATE Cavalli. But he's probably a smart man and realizes he has to tone it down a bit. Worse case scenario it'll be a horrible collection and I won't buy anything: big deal. Best case scenario it'll be great.

this should be interesting. the worst that can happen is that my opinion of cavalli stays the same. :P

Now everyone can run around looking like the dolled up wives of Russian oil barrons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->