Roberto Cavalli for H&M

I'm exicted JUST to see what it looks like....i've seriously never liked anything from cavalli, and to be honest....alot of people don't aswell, but, you never know, that scary looking (have you seen what he looks like?!) designer may just pull something out of his bum. :wink:

I find that idea really funny. It's not like I don't like Cavalli, because I truly do sometimes. He and H&M? I'm not seeing it... I always find his collections rich and designed for Hollywood & Russia. He is not discovering anything in fashion, he just adds sexiness to elegance and here he goes... I'm saying that because I still love choices for H&M like McCartney, Lagerfeld, Viktor&Rolf. They were ready to do it. In my opinion Cavalli is not. He's too Italian and boring.

I wounder if Cavalli are HMs first (or among the top) choice...
I mean they have to be SO desperate to choose Cavalli...
Or they have bad taste :P

Has there ever been a GOOD H&M/designer collaboration? Robert Cavalli is the definition of trashy. Ugh.

excerpt from fashionweekdaily story

Margareta van den Bosch, H&M’s head of design, couldn’t be more pleased. “He’s a designer who makes fabulous clothes,” she said. “He’s very Latin, very extravagant, and makes clothes for people who like to show off a little bit and who have a very special look. It’s for people who like to be glamorous but also very individual and personal, a little bit aggressive but practical in the same way. If you can compare with Karl and Viktor & Rolf, they were more prescient in different ways, of course. Roberto is more Latin, more maximalist in a minimalist way, maybe.”
Cavalli added, “I love fashion very much. Fashion is in my DNA. That is the reason the collaboration between H&M and Cavalli makes me excited. I try now for H&M to make pieces that are more Cavalli fantasy that you can’t recognize from any other pieces in the world, and that is it; so every girl can have Cavalli. We create for H&M one collection, is not big for sure. Not many pieces but every piece is style.”
No details have been released about a possible launch party, according to a spokesperson, who added that the collection will be offered “in our upper price bracket because of the materials, details, and finish.” According to a company release, “The line will carry the vital touch and the intense sensuality typical of Roberto Cavalli, one of the world’s most exciting and creative fashion designers.”

V&R and Karl L are pretty minimalistic and avantgarde designers which means that it's time for H&M to choose a designer who is the opposite. Although I would rather ahve seen a collaboration with Versace or Dolce&Gabbana I'm pretty user Cavalli won't be given free hands.

As long as the men's wear doesn't involve any leopard patterns I'll be happy.

i'm not seeing this either... but it should be interesting to see how it turns out. i do think he's gonig to do a better job than madonna, kylie, viktor & rolf etc etc.

lots of animal print stuff!
I can see girls standing in long lines for that stuff!!!
:lol:

my friend called me with the news a few minutes ago (many thanks to susie_bubble's style bubble) and i just nearly died.

this is a nightmare.

This may make "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince" type of people happy, but not the common man (for menswear at least).

So, let's break it down:

20 Pieces for men. 5 T-Shirts, some with animal prints, some saying "Cavalli x H&M". 3 Shirts, with different prints (such a no brainer). 2 types of formal pants. 1-2 pairs of jeans. 1 coat. 1 jacket. 1 whole suit (does this count as one or two pieces?). 1-2 Pullovers. 1-2 pairs of shoes if guys are lucky.
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
HELP HELP

The shirt we saw in the video looks just ... :yuk: So i guess thats what i can expect from the rest of his men collection.:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy, but this could be great. Lot's of fun party dresses.

Grabs popcorn.
Kicks back.
Waits.

This is going to be GOOD. :woot:

I am really not the biggest Cavalli fan but I am just so curious. This will either be an utter disaster or it will be astounding. I predict no inbetweens. Either way its going to be a glorious spectacle and I intend to watch every minute. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Leopard prints and gold lame here we come!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll admit that while some of his prints may be loud i do think he has a good eye for what can fit the body. his cuts on mens suits and womens dresses are very sharp and precise so i'm sure he'll design something that will wear very well. as for choice of patterns...well he may just suprise us!

rob.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->