Roberto Cavalli for H&M

Why is everyone saying that it's expensive? The 200 Euros were for the most expensive item! Just like the V&R trench for men was 150 Euros and the wedding dress a few hundreds.

I think the prices are rather normal for a designer collection @ H&M.

I'm not surprised most people are sceptical, because in general, the idea of the 'high street collaboration' is wearing thin, with hype preceding some pretty disappointing products. However, if people expect the worst, it means they can only be pleasantly surprised when Cavalli comes up with something worth a second look. I look forward to it, even if I'm on my own.

^^ karl was dealing with chanel, chanel haute couture, fendi and his own label when he did H&M... i'd love to see jacobs!

omg yes marc jacobs! h&m and marc jocobs would make a good "couple"!

^^ completely agree!! Marc Jacobs would be the best choice!

I don't think this will sell very well in northern europe.

Why not??
Half of the most famous designers in the world come from southern places of Europe sharing this Latin-Mediterranean feeling and their clothing DO sell an a lot.

i agree completely with odette. how else to explain the success of mathew williamson in the UK?

i think it will sell really well. and H&M's investors will be really happy.

pret-a-poor taste

LOL!

When i first heard he was gonna make a line for h&m i thought wtf?

i mean, i do really like some of his dresses even though im not a fan of his tacky colours and prints, but the rest is pure crap.
and he's certainly not gonna make gowns for hm, so i guess it'll be disgusting, but you never know, it might be surprising.

it will surely go well here in italy, thats for sure. we'll see

it cant be worse than the madonna line, can it?

:...
there's one aspect of this collaboration which continues to catch me off guard. with karl lagerfeld, stella mccartney, and viktor and rolf, one could reasonably say that they design things at such a high level that those on the street may never get their hands on their designs because the pricepoint never reaches below the stars. however, roberto cavalli has a panoply of lines to serve all aspects of the market already and many of his bridge lines do not get manufactured from the highest quality of materials. i thought the entire purpose of the designer collections from h+m remained to showcase one's design skills with cheap materials to give the masses a taste of what they can do. roberto cavalli already has this. at best, this'll look like a just cavalli warehouse sale.

:lol:

my confusion is that it is a fall collection...
i always think of cavalli's strengths being in the animal print swimsuits and caftan area...so i would have thought they would have done something for summer with him...
what is he gonna do for fall?
nov 8...maybe it's holiday or party dresses?
maybe with rhinestones?
:huh:

Yay, someone take MJ to the H&M boss and make him sign a contract for 10 years. :lol:
I'm expectant for what's going to do Cavalli for H&M but I'm not going to run to the nearest H&M store when the collection brings up, just wait to see what he's done.

I want to see pictures of the pieces already... apparently he showed images of the collection to select magazine editors at the HC show. Unfortunately there have been no leaks at the moment.

Shame.

some unsubstantiated rumours that ive heard about the collection...they might include a gold sequined fringed dress, a snow leopard print dress a dark gold lame dress and snake bracelets....

just rumours, i havent seen any pics at all, unfortunately.

^the snow leopard print dress sounds cheap (could be wrong of course), but i'd love to see the snake bracelets....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abzal17
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->