Rodarte S/S 11 New York

Um, in #64, I am in love with that dress and that jacket.

Edit: For poignancy: this is the first time I have ever liked something Rodarte.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also getting a Miu Miu vibe with all the mismatched fabrics. Just looked through the complete collection and just want to tell all to keep there eyes open for look #33. My absolute favorite look.

Also getting a Miu Miu vibe with all the mismatched fabrics. Just looked through the complete collection and just want to tell all to keep there eyes open for look #33. My absolute favorite look.

Where did you see it at ?

Thank you so much! I can definitely see the traces of the last collection (the wrapping) but I love the change. I do see some prada and yea, mcq. But I like some of it (not all.) have to look at it a couple more times.

Love this collection, its very pretty. The hair & make up is lovely too.

The leather dresses with flowers look like wooden boxes with rose carvings that I saw when I was in Russia.

The collection is so soft compared to ss10. I loved that season and I like what I see here. Nice to see some versatility!

I agree with the majority here, this looks very promising. Not a fan of the blue/white pieces, but everything else looks wonderful :heart:

its a mix of 70's Miu Miu collegiate and Alexander Mcqueen. its nice .

I don't even know how I feel. I think this is going to grow on me, but right now I am still a little confused and trying to process everything intellectually.

First of all, I am thrilled that they are moving away from the strips of fabric thing. Even though not everything works, thank god that they are trying something different and growing as designers. I had the stiffed, pressed leather. How ugly and uncomfortable. There are a lot of pieces where I like the tops but I don't like the bottoms at all. I don't understand the extra, floor length fabric flaps underneath the short skirts. I have a feeling that when celebrities get the pieces, thoese flaps will be gone.

Again, this is kinda a shocking collection and I need to let it grow on me.

A little confused by the runway and everything else.. but I guess I do like the clothes, so far. The shoes seem pretty amazing, I can't wait for close ups and profiles of them! I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of them in editorials soon!! :lol:

I hate it.
I don't really see their voice in any of these pieces.
Sacrificing your aesthetic vision for consumerism?

I seriously love it, I'm eagerly waiting to see the whole collection :heart:

i LOVE it!!:heart:

it has some Miu Miu S/S 2010, but still is very genuine, cant wait to see the complete collection!

I don't get this whole Miu Miu-McQueen vibe everyone talks about. Sure, they might appear similar in some way but you don't have to associate it with those brands in order to love it. I think it has quite a statement of its own.

Love how troubled yet grounded and concise it seems. Definitely one of the highlights of the week.

I don't really see how this is commercial at all. I mean, a lot of these pieces are going to have be reworked (like the above mentioned skirts with extra long pieces) to be wearable. And that's always my problem with their collections. Sure, most women can wear pretty dresses. But they don't seem to actually design for the women they seem to be supposedly inspired by or who are similar to themselves. This is SO unwearable and not only that, unattractive. I'm sorry but all those wood working pieces make me think of the little kits I would get when I was little that allowed you to etch in a wood image using an iron/burning technique.

I really like the feeling of precision in the collection, the feeling you get when you watch a carpenter do his work. The details only make the collection even more insanely intellectual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->