euptlf.jpg

30vn88k.jpg
fp1o2r.jpg

Otherworldly Beauty Looks at Yohji Yamamoto
by Jennifer Weil
Posted Friday March 05, 2010
Last Edited Saturday March 06, 2010
From WWD.COM

Makeup artist Pat McGrath said Yohji Yamamoto gave her the words “powerful,” “elegant” and “lunar beauty” to help dream up the look for his fall-winter show.

Some key products McGrath used were CoverGirl’s LiquiLine Blast, Bobbi Brown’s Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner and CoverGirl’s Clean Foundation mixed with theatrical white pigment.

Hairstylist Eugene Souleiman also created an otherworldly look for the show.

“I wanted [models] to look like dolls that had been in the cupboard for years and have just been pulled out,” said Souleiman.

Helping give the effect of cobwebs were strands of hair sprayed in colors such as bluish-gray.
Source: wwd.com and style.com

Nina Ricci

rhv7ll.jpg
98fugx.jpg

Women Usurp Tomboys At Nina Ricci
March 5, 2010

With the curvaceous likes of Doutzen Kroes, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Karolina Kurkova all making runway appearances over the past week, there is definitely an anti-nineties-tomboy movement showing up at the European Fall shows. It’s a “sixties-inspired French womanliness,” hairstylist Guido Palau surmised yesterday at Nina Ricci, where he was using Redken Aerate 08 Bodifying Cream-Mousse to create volume in damp hair before drying and ultimately teasing it while combing away from the hairline for an imperfect “back-do.” Other designers in the City of Light have opted for feminine styles—Giles’ sky-high beehives and the sexy, voluminous side parts at Rochas with teasing at the crown—but Palau’s version here had its own unique stamp to better suit Peter Copping’s collection. “It’s not meant to be too ‘madame’ even though the shape is quite grand. There’s a naturalness to it as well, which creates a contrast with the sophistication that is very Ricci.” “It’s beauty in an understated way,” makeup artist Pat McGrath offered, as she accented models’ “natural prettiness” with strong eyebrows, soft brown liner around the eyes, and a slight flush, which she created using Olay Simply Ageless blush.
—Tina Isaac
Source: style.com

I always like the make-up at Chloé
it is very beautiful, but not too much.
I wish I knew how they do it
00280m.jpg
00180m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel

14kgrj4.jpg
14seh01.jpg

x0wwhx.jpg
2csh1y8.jpg

At Chanel, Peter Philips Paints It Black
March 10, 2010

Peter Philips, Chanel’s creative director of makeup, has a knack for pulling out specific elements of Karl Lagerfeld’s sartorial vision and reinterpreting them in beauty terms. Who could forget Philips’ ivory-coated lash lines and pearl-tipped fingers to complement the house’s all-white Spring ‘09 Couture show, or his jade nail from Fall ‘09, a shade that was plucked directly from the similarly colored tweeds and accessories that Lagerfeld sent down the runway? For Fall ‘10, Philips was at it again, although this time, he focused his attention solely on the eyes. “I kind of re-created a paint/print texture that Karl used in some of the handbag and shoe designs for the show,” Philips said yesterday backstage at the Grand Palais, where he was crafting an elongated, oblong shape on lids with tiny brushstrokes of La Ligne de Chanel in Noir Lamé placed on top of a sparkly taupe pigment from Enigma, a new eye shadow quad that will be part of Philips’ fall color collection. In addition to having a steady hand to get that perfectly haphazard liner application, Philips recommends applying the eye shadow wet to amp up its intensity. Otherwise, skin was kept clean and fresh, lips were nude, and cheeks were given a slight contouring with a lovely new shade of Joues Contraste Blush in Pink Cloud, which imparts an ever-so-slight luminescent flush. For you fellow nail junkies out there waiting to see what Philips would come up with next, he gave his limited-edition Jade Rose—a subdued pink color that was released last fall but was overshadowed by its pure green counterpart—a second go-around this season, which means you’ll have another chance to get your hands on it when it bows this summer, if you missed out on the opportunity last year.

Emilio Pucci / Gianfranco Ferré / Givenchy

Emilio Pucci
2vm6f11.jpg
fkmnwg.jpg

Gianfranco Ferré
34i38rb.jpg
555edz.jpg

Givenchy
15z4dj5.jpg
x3sd5l.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld / Stella McCartney

Karl Lagerfeld
1zfmtdu.jpg
331qa6t.jpg

Stella McCartney
e0k6c5.jpg
14vtsbb.jpg

i love the eyebrows at dries van noten, they looked fantastic on the runway.

the flawlessness at jil sander was beautiful :heart:

Who did the Lanvin make-up?And Givenchy?

What do makeup artists use for the models to have that dewy, almost shiny texture skin? I'm pretty sure its not their foundation but their base. anyone can help? Thanks!

It could be the lighting... i know a lot of the VS angels put lip gloss on certain parts of there face and smudge it, works try youtubing it!

The_Ida I've been using the face and body foundation and it is dewy but not as much as the runways. maybe its the lighting. chanelslungbags wouldnt lipgloss be a tad to icky :shock: but I'll give it a try. however I'm suspecting the ultra dew that glows from the models is the embroyolisse lait creme concetrate. anyone tried that? Thanks for the feedbacks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->