Russian Models

1. Sasha Pivovarova
2. Vlada Roslyakova
3. Natasha Poly

1. Sasha Pivovarova
2. Ksenia Kahnovich
3. Natalia Vodianova

That's not counting Belarus as a part of Russia.

I don't think there is a significant difference in appearance of Russians and Ukranians

can anybody name a few big russian models from the 90's? (early and mid..noy include late 90's)
i only know natalia s..

thx in advance..

I always confuse those Slavs, to me they have very similar features and tend to be lankier.

It's not the americans, it's the russian/ukrainian americans. For the most part I have only hung out with russians and ukrainians and been in class with mostly russian/ukrainians. They will even call theirselves russians! Because they speak it. Before I dated a ukrainian guy, I had no idea about the culture. Then I found out that they all (in the cities) speak russian and villagers speak ukrainain. Most russians consider ukrainains to BE russian. My boyfriend and his friends would even say that you can either consider them ukrainians or russians, whatever same thing. (Except when it came to countries, of course theres was better :rolleyes:).

Ugh, I get so defensive about this, lol. It's really not accurate that only people in the villages speak Ukrainian (in Ukraine). According to Wiki, almost 70% of Ukrainians say their language is Ukrainian and less than 30% say it's Russian. While 30% is a substantial amount, it's clearly not enough to qualify that all Ukrainians in the cities speak Russian. In and around Odessa, Crimea and a couple other Eastern regions, more people speak Russian than Ukrainian, but elsewhere, Ukrainian is the predominant language.

And I'm sorry to bog this thread down with this (nonesense), but it's just not accurate to call all Ukrainians Russians. Slavic, yes. But, just like you wouldn't call all Russians Ukrainians, I don't see how it's different the other way around.

Now, back to the gorgeous and totally amazing Russian Models.

I always confuse those Slavs, to me they have very similar features and tend to be lankier.
Really? I don't have any trouble telling Polish and Czech & Slovak girls apart from Russians & Ukrainians. Frankly, typical Ukrainians (Natalia Gotsiy comes to mind) don't look like typical Russians (Sasha Pivovarova) either. Ukrainians have a warmer coloring, wider faces, etc. I guess I work with so many of them, it's pretty easy for me to see the differences. Of course, there are Snejanas of the world, but who knows what her ethnic background actually is.

Really? I don't have any trouble telling Polish and Czech & Slovak girls apart from Russians & Ukrainians. Frankly, typical Ukrainians (Natalia Gotsiy comes to mind) don't look like typical Russians (Sasha Pivovarova) either. Ukrainians have a warmer coloring, wider faces, etc. I guess I work with so many of them, it's pretty easy for me to see the differences. Of course, there are Snejanas of the world, but who knows what her ethnic background actually is.

Um, she's a goddess by ethnicity, obviously. Her ancestors are not mere mortals and neither is she. FACT.

Last edited by a moderator:
can anybody name a few big russian models from the 90's? (early and mid..noy include late 90's)
i only know natalia s..

thx in advance..
Maria Nevskaya (Alberta Feretti), Olga Pantushenkova (Edem by Cacharel), Lida and Sasha Egorova, Kristina Semenovskaya (Dior cosmetics)

Hmm, I'm not seeing many Slavs, from Sasha P, Natasha P, Anna S (are they all typical Russians?) I can figure out some Russian features, prominents cheekbons, narrow jaws, or maybe they are merely the rare ppl, while the Czechs probably have wider faces also?

So glad I found this thread ^_^ Russian models are my favorites :heart:

I have a question for people living in Russia. Who's considered the most successful Russian model so far? Is it Natalia V? I know that in the last few years Poly, Pivovarova and Volodina (to name a few) have reached great success, but is there one girl that both agencies and models see as their pride?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->