sacai F/W 09.10

softgrey - to clarify... I also consider pilling my fault... not the designers, like I said. I am aware that I am generally more rough on knitwear than delicate pieces so I don't expect things not to pill, really. :blush: but anyways yeah, I didn't mean to make a big deal of that issue, my real, overall point was just that... though the early stuff was not badly constructed by any means... the newer stuff is better. just a positive remark about the progression of the brand, I didn't mean I had any unexpected or serious issues with the early construction. :heart:

the more delicate pieces I have... granted theyre from newer season than my knits from the past ones, and also I have babied them much more... they're, like you said about yours, in perfect condition.

just a side thought, but I can never get over how comfortable sacai stuff is, for how pretty it looks. I guess because most of the other brands that I associate directly with comfort are either very plain looking... or they are very 'loud' designs (a la willhelm, vibskov,etc). and though those are not bad things... I find sacai is a really happy medium in that regard; the clothing wears as comfortably as it looks beautiful. the ubiquitous feminine details, mix of textures, etc... it really sets the brand apart and makes the pieces something special imo.

softgrey, are you referring to the twisted pants that look a bit like your y-3's ?

better images of mens looks

Attachments

• 01sakaimens[1].jpg
    01sakaimens[1].jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 02sakaimens[1].jpg
    02sakaimens[1].jpg
    131 KB · Views: 2
  • 03sakaimens[1].jpg
    03sakaimens[1].jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 04sakaimens[1].jpg
    04sakaimens[1].jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
openers.jp

Attachments

• 09sakaimens[1].jpg
    09sakaimens[1].jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 08sakaimens[1].jpg
    08sakaimens[1].jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 07sakaimens[1].jpg
    07sakaimens[1].jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 06sakaimens[1].jpg
    06sakaimens[1].jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 05sakaimens[1].jpg
    05sakaimens[1].jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 10sakaimens[1].jpg
    10sakaimens[1].jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 2
softgrey, are you referring to the twisted pants that look a bit like your y-3's ?

:woot::woot::woot:
how do you remember these things?!?!...
yes!!!-
they ARE similar to my Y-3's...that is one of the things i was thinking when i wrote that...
it's like you were in my head...:unsure:

:ninja:...:wink:...:D

we saw them at barneys on the mannequin...
but they only that had one pair left and so i could not try them...:(
they also had the little 'sailor' skirt which i really like
(i know it might not seem typical of me, but i really like it!)
but the one at barney's had gold embroidery by the buttons instead of all the same colour....:blink:
this is probably something that they did exclusively for barney's or something like that, but imho, it completely ruined the garment!!!
:angry:...

i find that with sacai rather often actually...
i will really enjoy the designs but i usually think to myself...
'if only there was just one less thing...'
like no ruffles ...or less buttons, or a simpler neckline..
or a simpler sleeve...

that is my greatest objection with the pieces i usually see...
so many of them are just 'over-designed'...
they need just one less thing in order to be more elegant...
more tasteful...

:innocent:

I absolutely adore this collection. I love the Japanese Street style to it. There are some great pieces and I love the colour scheme for a/w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->