Scandinavian Street Style #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hel-looks has been a bit of dissapointment lately, but figured i could post some of my favourites

20070112_07.jpg
20070112_05.jpg

20070112_04.jpg
20070111_01.jpg

20061222_08.jpg

hel-looks.com

some pictures from streetstyle.feber.se
stockholm streetstyle

Attachments

• 4696_250.jpg
    4696_250.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 18
  • 4703_250.jpg
    4703_250.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 4705_250.jpg
    4705_250.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 6006_250.jpg
    6006_250.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 5831_250.jpg
    5831_250.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 22
the winter has been warm so far but i sometimes wonder how can people dress in heels and not boots or thin jackets (and not zipped up!) when its like 0 Celcius outside!
Today it was -13 c in the morning and i had to put on layers and layers of clothing. i dont think it looks so great at the moment.. heheh...i think spring/summer/fall is the best time to see good style in scandinavia since around winter time its too cold to wear anything cool. still some people dress way too little for this weather here. are they crazy? or just teens? lol

^well I guess it depends... I use lot of public transport to get from place to place and then it sucks if you have tons of layered clothes because in Finland it's hot on buses no matter if its winter or summer. And when I get out of the transport I'm usually in hurry and basically run to keep myself warm and be on time.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I was gonna say the same thing. If you live in the city, you get a tram or subway everywhere and don't need to freeze outside that much. And if you're really smart, you live in a building right in front of a tram stop :innocent:

Climate change creeps me out really bad, but I gotta love how the streets in Helsinki have been dry and snowless for this winter :blush: Although downtown Helsinki basically does have this neat winter version of itself under ground, in heated tunnels where you can walk around without getting your feet wer or cold. They are a lifesaver when it's -20 C outside...

i do live near by public transportation but still dressing according to the weather with a style is hard sometimes..i have done my share though, dont worry! :wink: but not everyone has the chance to live near by transportation.. so lets not make fun of people who dont live in the cities..

but what i think is horrible here in scandinavia when i see some 15 years olds (or older people) with their bare skin on the back/*** hanging out in the cold weather...im not saying these kids dress good anyway...but just a thought...

anyway, even if youre a fashion queen but youre wearing a thin jacket not zipped up when its -20 C outside..thats just stupidity...doesnt matter if you live near transportation or not. ok we have to suffer for beauty but that doesnt mean bronchitis, does it? people should know how to look and dress appropriate for the weather with style..

but yeah the buses do get hot... and the deparment stores...luckily i found a nice jacket thats warm outside and doesnt get me hot inside stores etc.

its just easier to dress better during the non snowy months though...at least for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
^I totally agree about people in ridiculous outfits in the winter. Sorry guys, its not Paris! I mean come on, I've seen people in open flats without stockings. And people without coats. SERIOUSLY!!?? And I also agree that it's hard to maintain a fashionable look when you are wearing 50 sweaters, a hat, a scarf and a huge coat. Plus big boots. But I'd rather do that than freeze my *** off at the tram stop.

And isn't punavuori the worst! No tunnels there and it's always really, really windy.

Didn't mean to bash people who don't live in the city, I was just trying to be funny, failing again :D

I do think that it's entirely possible to look cool even if you dress warm. It's the other aspects of winter weather that makes winter life damned hard sometimes. Like ice and snow-covered streets, and yes, especially in this respect Punavuori can be a killer. I'm like the old people who keep falling on the slippery streets and break their bones! I find it so hard to find shoes that neither slip easily nor look like hiking boots my dad wears in the woods. I did buy a great pair of Camper boots for this winter, but turned out they killed my feet. I had to sell them off, and I'm left to survive the snow in beat-up sneakers. Not warm, not cool.

Attachments

• 7192_450.jpg
    7192_450.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 16
  • Bild 2.png
    Bild 2.png
    272 KB · Views: 7
  • Bild 5.png
    Bild 5.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Bild 3.png
    Bild 3.png
    381.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Bild 1.png
    Bild 1.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Bild 6.png
    Bild 6.png
    369.2 KB · Views: 6
taz said:
people looks happy :smile: there

In my general opinion most Scandinavians look very fresh and wholesome.

As for the other discussion; At the moment it's really cold in Norway, but if you exclude the last two weeks, this winter has been really warm. Therefore, dressing cool in Norway has been really easy this winter. But I guess Finland is alot colder..

Great pics you guys :smile:

My favorite must be the girl with the leopard cropped jacket :smile:

Nyx said:
I find it so hard to find shoes that neither slip easily nor look like hiking boots my dad wears in the woods.

Two words : rubber soles. Get them now! They make life a lot easier...you can wear nice shoes and not slip! Heaven :P

Oh and lighter winter dressing means an autumn coat to me, I hate those super short jackets with faux fur collars :angry:

Malin.A said:
As for the other discussion; At the moment it's really cold in Norway, but if you exclude the last two weeks, this winter has been really warm. Therefore, dressing cool in Norway has been really easy this winter. But I guess Finland is alot colder..

No, it's been the same thing here. It's been the weirdest winters ever, quite creepy really if you ask me.

I loved all the looks in the Oslo pics. Thanks for posting them! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acronia15
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->