Schiaparelli F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 8, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

Frida, upNorth and GERGIN like this.
  2. apple

apple Well-Known Member

I must admit that I'm really liking the new direction of the house. It surely has brought Schiaparelli back into the conversation, just look at Emma Corrin's Couture look for the Critic's choice awards yesterday. And I like this collection as well, it has the same ideas of the couture show but it's still interesting. I think he can keep up.

3. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Schiaparelli by Olivier Rousteing.

4. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

His vision for Schiap is more tacky than quirky, for example, the shocking pink dress is quite tacky in a way that I will not associate with the brand, which is more intellectual than this offering.

jeanclaude and arabchic like this.
  5. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I love it, I think he really found his footing here. It's just unapologetically flamboyant, exuberant fashion, such a joyful vibe that is all but lost nowadays.

ogepma likes this.
  6. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

I also like it and I don’t think it’s tacky at all. it has nerve, it’s feminine, extravagant but extremely chic.

7. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I really find it fun and beautiful. I was not sure about his vision for the first few shows, but this and the previous haute couture I love to look at. Nice.

Frida likes this.
  8. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I don't get it, too much gold but I like the Chanel suit if only for the implied irony in the gesture of referencing someone the house founder hated. He should do a charred Chanel suit to reference that one time Gabrielle "accidentally" set poor Elsa on fire!

The Alaïa hood dress has been done better...

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

For some reason, I feel more the Mugler vibes than Schiaparelli...
    I think there’s a lack of finesse in this and an agressivity that feels very Mugler!

The whole thing feels more customized than designed but at least it has personality.

And the black bag is great!

Frida and avonlea002 like this.
  10. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

His collections always feel directionless. From the very beginning I got the impression that he is trying to cover lack of vision by throwing in as many gimmicks as possible. There is no theme, no story, nothing that would form a cohesive whole. Without the breast plates and body molds you end up with very simple clothes and that's the problem. Mcqueen also loved gimmicks but he would always make sure his garments were strong on its own.

11. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

For real he just decorates tf outta everything

avonlea002 likes this.
  12. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

It's a strong collection which is pretty surprising, I believe it's the first season (both RTW and couture) that is not a disaster. However, as you mentioned before, Daniel seems to be working in a very decorative way what really exposes his limited range as a designer. It's like he doesn't go deep with his inspirations and everything stays on the surface. That being said, I don't know whether it's going to be enough to build a relevant vocabulary for this struggling house.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  13. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Feels more early 90s Moschino than Schiaparelli...

YohjiAddict and RedSmokeRise like this.