Schiaparelli Haute Couture F/W 2021.22 Paris

This is by far his best collection yet. There are a few looks I would have cancelled (the denim one, for example) but there are also some really spectacular ones, too.

The black bustier dress with horns and the gold embellishments is really a knock-out.

Details are up on Vogue, too, and nice to see close ups and back views…

The whole thing is very Lacroix meets McQueen x Givenchy with a good splash of Vreeland…which is fine by me because it’s pretty well done here. It’s fun to see Couture clothes that look like they were a real challenge to make. Not that they look belabored, per se, but more like they really took time, effort, skill and ingenuity to conceive and execute. From my experience, I know that Couture sewers love a challenge. If the designer doesn’t give them such a task, the work can get monotonous. I can sense in these clothes the excitement the petite mains might have felt.

It’s good to have a Couture collection that has a bit of fantasy, a bit of narrative and a sense of daring.

Kind of nice to see something that feels very high culture instead of street again and again and again.

The collection is beautiful. It feels just right for the house of Schiaparelli. That's a surprise because Daniel's beginnings were quite rocky. However, this offering is full of life, passion, and wit. Roseberry has managed to find his own aesthetic within the surreal vocabulary of Schiaparelli and made it successful. My favourite look is the silver coat, it's just unreal, and the quality must be wonderful.

I love it so much. It makes me excited about fashion and haute couture again. It’s so dramatic and glamorous with such heavy doses of passion. I am so happy for Daniel and the maison.

I still prefer Marco Zanini's take on this brand, which is quite dated but more elegant, while this new guy's take on this brand is more trashy than quirky!

Love love love everything about this collection. It feels like Daniel has not only been able to figure out a style for Schiaparelli, but has found a way to make it recognisably 'Daniel Roseberry for Schiaparelli'. I can't wait to see the matador jacket and the golden flower breastplate on some red carpet soon.

As for the denim pieces, I'm not too fond of it but I still don't hate it because it still feels couture-y. I'm sure there are numerous clients willing to spend that much on a couture pair of jeans, and I feel it's easily the most easily wearable item from the collection. I just know that it's going to be super popular very quickly with some gold embellished jeans popping up on Zara super soon.

stunning pieces indeed!

opulent, ostentatious and chic!
all that Haute Couture should be.

Doesn't feel very Schiaparelli to me but this is still freaking fabulous!!! He's come a long way since his debut (really, there was nowhere to go but up from there lol...)

Absolutely, unabashedly, unashamedly OTT, decadent, vulgar but never ostentatious, indulgent, crass but fun, gaudy but never cheap, exclusive and so proudly for a rarified world. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Absolutely, unabashedly, unashamedly OTT, decadent, vulgar but never ostentatious, indulgent, crass but fun, gaudy but never cheap, exclusive and so proudly for a rarified world. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Everything you said !!!

I still prefer Marco Zanini's take on this brand, which is quite dated but more elegant, while this new guy's take on this brand is more trashy than quirky!

Still literally breaks my heart he did not last long at Schiaparelli! His work at Rochas was beautiful (along with Olivier).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->