Seattle Street Style

^_^

That's hilarious! I love crazy Seattle people. The next time I see this one lady (she wears every single coat she owns and has feathers stuck to the sections of her hair that's braided) I snap a picture or two. She wouldn't even notice. hehe.

And I go to the lovely Seattle Central. Woowoo! The style is much more diverse over here.. people wearing whatever they feel like. A lot less A&F. :P

Wow. I live downtown Seattle and go to UW and I thought all of Seattle lacked decent style (Northface is like a mandatory dress code requirement here). Apparently I've been looking in all the wrong places! I'm impressed!

It's hard to tell the hobos from the ... uh, non-hobos around here. The same scruffy duds, the same scraggly beards, the craziness. I like it.

crankypants said:
It's hard to tell the hobos from the ... uh, non-hobos around here. The same scruffy duds, the same scraggly beards, the craziness. I like it.
hehe. ^_^

viva_la_vogue said:
i live in seattle! :smile:

people have great style here, you just have to look in the right places.
I agree - I live in seattle also. Its very different depending on which area you live in. Most of the stylish trendy outfits are in capital hill.

I seriously think that I am one only young 20 something person that lives in belltown. :huh: The average age for this area is 40+ Who dress very conservatively.

Ahhh, the Seattle thread is alive and well! Hurrah! :heart: :heart:

Today I was absolutely fascinated by someone I saw downtown.
She was small and had on skintight black jeans, flat white lace-up little leather shoes, a striped shirt, cropped funky jean jacket with a few big shiny things hanging off of it, big-ish sunglasses and a mop of frizzy blonde hair with obvious black roots. Sounds sort of cute right?

But then she walked past me and she was maybe 50! I could not figure out if she is trendy or if she has been dressing like this since the 80's and fashion just came back to her?! Is she a wayward rock star from back in the day? Mysterious!

I friggin miss Seattle. I'm back in OC currently, but I might be moving up to Frisco soon. I'll know within the next few days....

p.s. I really, really miss Seattle.

cygnenoir, that sounds like a girl I used to see all the time that worked at Vain, and then I met her at a party and she was so sweet.. and I remember thinking it was funny that I just met the girl whose style I admire.

I forgot how much style sucks down here. It's like an ongoing Abercrombie ad. So whenever I spot someone unique I feel the sudden urge to run over and capture them.

Bixby, come back! You're missing BELLEVUE FASHION WEEK! :lol:

Oh, you think I'm kidding, but noooooo. It starts next week in Bellevue. I'm working one of the shows as a dresser and it's been really difficult not to burst into hysterical laughter when thinking about it. I have no idea what will be shown.

And I wonder if that girl (erm, woman) works at Vain? I haven't been there in ages!

Ah Seattle people! What do you know about Seattle University? I went for the tour, did the interview, but I want the real life talk from seattle folks themselves. Anythings help...

and i'm sorry.. i didn't have a camera to snap pictures, since I broke the digital :-( but I absolutely loved the city

I can't say that I know all that much about Seattle University, as I attend University of Washington. I have heard that they have some kind of textile design program, not that you are necessarily planning to study fashion.

It's on Capitol Hill which is the coolest part of town to live in. I think you would like it! :D

Oh my god, I totally forgot about this thread! I'm glad people started bumping it again.
I really want to start a photoblog on Seattle street style ala the Sartorialist/hel-looks, but it's way harder to do it alone than I expected. If someone here likes photography and wants to join me in something like that, send me a pm or something.

cygnenoir said:
Oh, you think I'm kidding, but noooooo. It starts next week in Bellevue. I'm working one of the shows as a dresser and it's been really difficult not to burst into hysterical laughter when thinking about it. I have no idea what will be shown.

I'm pretty excitted for the fashion week to kick off :D
This is brief event listing

Participating Fashion Week Stores
Ann Taylor · Aerosoles · Aveda Experience Center · Banana Republic · Banana Republic Petite · Barcelino · Bare Escentuals · BCBG Max Azria · Beauty Works · bebe · Blue Willi’s · The Body Shop · Chico’s · Coldwater Creek · The Container Store · Crabtree & Evelyn · Daniel’s Broiler · David Lawrence · Eddie Bauer · Guess? · inSpa · in Vogue · J. Jill · Johnston & Murphy · Kenzie · L’Occitane · Louie Permelia · lucy · lululemon athletica · LUSH · Macy’s · MNG by Mango · New Balance · Nordstrom · Obadiah Salon · Oilily · Origins · Paiva · Papillon · The Parlor Billiards & Spirits · PUMA · Road · Rockport · 7 · Shoefly · soma by Chico’s · Sway and Cake · Trader Vic’s · Territory Ahead · Westin Bellevue · White House | Black Market · Zebraclub · Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill

Nordstrom Fall Runway Show Friday, September 15, 8 p.m.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m., show begins at 8:00 p.m. The event begins with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres when the doors open. A fall runway show featuring the newest fashion and the latest trends will follow. Ticket cost is $30 (general admission) and $75 (VIP admission). All proceeds benefi t the Detlef Schrempf Foundation. To RSVP or for more information, please call 206.464.0826 or visit www.detlef.com by September 10th. Location: Fashion AXIS. Located at Lincoln Square next to The Container Store.

Flirt With Style Saturday, September 16, 9 a.m. - Noon
Put a fresh face forward with make-up tips, how-to’s for do’s, style suggestions and minimakeovers. Our guest speakers will highlight trends for every age and body type. Your favorite beauty stores will be on-site with advice and instant updates. Complimentary event. No RSVP required. Location: Fashion AXIS. Located at Lincoln Square next to The Container Store. Participating stores: Aerosoles · Aveda · Beauty Works · Blue Willi’s · Crabtree & Evelyn · Louie Permelia · lucy · LUSH · Origins · Rockport · 7 · Shoefly · Sway and Cake · Territory Ahead · The Body Shop · The Container Store

Classic Style Show Sunday, September 17, 1 - 3 p.m.
Designed for the men and women with classic taste this show highlights traditional style with a trendy twist. Complimentary event. Space is limited. RSVP online at fashionweek/rsvp. Location: Fashion AXIS. Located at Lincoln Square next to The Container Store. Participating stores: Aerosoles · Ann Taylor · Blue Willi’s · Chico’s · Coldwater Creek ·Eddie Bauer · Helly Hansen · J.Jill · Johnston & Murphy · Kenzie · Louie Permelia · lucy · lululemon athletica · Macy’s · New Balance · Oilily · Origins · Paiva · Papillon · Road · Rockport · Shoefly · soma by Chico’s · Territory Ahead

Style Rendezvous Tuesday, September 19, 6 - 8 p.m.
In Vogue will give you an inside view on what’s in style this fall for a hip younger crowd and Obadiah Salon will demonstrate the new makeup trends and hairstyles. Enjoy coffee and dessert at this complimentary event.

The Collective Trend Show Saturday, September 23, 7 - 9 p.m.
The highlight of Fashion Week. Get yourself on the guest list for this sleek, chic event. Mark your calendar for a swanky cocktail party and style show featuring The Bellevue Collection’s hottest stores and boutiques. Complimentary event, cash bar. Space is limited. RSVP online at fashionweek/rsvp. Location: Fashion AXIS. Located at Lincoln Square next to The Container Store. Participating stores: Ann Taylor · Banana Republic · Banana Republic Petites · Barcelino · David Lawrence · Guess · In Vogue · Johnston & Murphy · Kenzie · Macy’s · MNG by Mango · Road · Rockport · Shoefly · Sway and Cake · White House | Black Market · Zebraclub

PStyle Assessments
Which of this season’s hottest trends are best for you? Can you really wear Fall’s skinny jeans and platforms or is a military-inspired coat more your style? Call for a private, complimentary, 30-minute appointment with expert Bruce Pflaumer from Pstyle and discover the true you. Receive an analysis of your current style, body type definition, recommendations based on your body type (do these jeans make my butt look big?) and suggestions on where you can get the looks that make your style sizzle. Learn so much at your appointment that you want the whole package including a full closet gut and reorganization? Sign-up for a complete Pstyle Consultation after your initial appointment and receive a Fashion Week discount. Call 425-829-7864 to make an appointment.

David Lawrence Runway Spectacular Saturday, Sept 16, 7 p.m. :heart:
Featuring fall collections from D&G, Versace, Just Cavalli, John Richmond, and more! Followed by an after party at David Lawrence Bellevue with desserts and door prizes. Location: Fashion AXIS. Located at Lincoln Square next to The Container Store. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door. For tickets call 425.688.1669. Proceeds from ticket sales to benefit Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Shoot In Style Wednesday, September 20, 6 - 9 p.m.
Come on guys, join us at The Parlor for complimentary pool and appetizers, swag bags filled with giveaways, door prizes, trick shots, entertainment, and just a hint of style at the hottest billiards club in town. Feel free to bring your favorite gal along. Space is limited – to RSVP or for more information about this free event, visit fashionweek/rsvp. Must be 21 or over. Location: The Parlor at Lincoln Square.
Shoot in Style

Posh Party Thursday, September 21, 6 - 9 p.m.
A fun and flirty party for the girls! Grab your best friends and enjoy a stylish night complete with drinks and appetizers, fashion advice, special shopping events, alluring incentives, and exclusive swag bags. Purchase tickets early for $20, online at fashionweek/rsvp by credit card only. Must be 21 and over. All funds raised through the sale of Posh Party tickets benefit The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Puget Sound Affiliate. Location: Fashion AXIS. Located at Lincoln Square next to The Container Store. Participating Stores : Aerosoles • Ann Taylor • Aveda • Banana Republic • Beautyworks • David Lawrence • Guess • In Vogue • inSpa • Kenzie • Louie Permelia • lucy • lululemon athletica • LUSH • Origins • PUMA • Rockport • 7 • Shoefly • Zebraclub
Posh Party

Style Soirée Friday, September 22, 6 - 9 p.m.
A sophisticated evening for the ladies. If a night out with friends, fashion, and tantalizing refreshments sounds like a sweet treat, make sure you join us for this evening of shopping events, enticing incentives, and exclusive swag bags. Purchase tickets early for $20, online at bellevuecollection.com/fashionweek by credit card only. Must be 21 and over. All funds raised through the sale of the Style Soirée tickets benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Puget Sound Affiliate. Location: Fashion AXIS. Participating Stores: Aerosoles • Ann Taylor • Aveda • Beautyworks • Blue Willi’s • Chico’s • Crabtree & Evelyn • Eddie Bauer • inSpa • Kenzie • Louie Permelia • lucy • Origins • Rockport • 7 • Shoefly • The Body Shop

morenoj said:
I'm pretty excitted for the fashion week to kick off :D

Wow, you are like the only person I've ever seen mention it! (Even though it's been advertised on the side of buses!) I do think it's cool that someone is doing something, even if it's mall stuff in Bellevue.

The Nordstrom show is clothes from the store, unlike the "Fall Preview" show I did for them in July. That show was really great as all the clothes were actual designer samples. I just about cried when I saw a little box full of equestrian hats marked "Balenciaga" that had been shipped from Paris! :heart:

That's sweet! I have a friend who is going to SCCC for the fashion design program. I myself live in Shoreline which isn't much better-it's head-to-toe Hollister, A&F, et. al with the requisite North Face.

I like some of the brands listed for the fashion shows, though, because Bell. Square is THE top mall in the state as far as demographic goes. I get my choice of Northgate or Alderwood.

New here (hi). I didn't see that article when it came out in the Stranger - is there a link? I'm 95% sure I know one of the chicks in the pix.

And I'm going to guess 70-80% of the other pics were taken inside the Cha Cha.

I don't know, it was quite awhile ago. You might check the Stranger website?

Speaking of Seattle fashion, did anyone see this article in the Seattle Times? It's from August (go to their website for the pictures).

Pacific Northwest Magazine

Casual Chic

Pamela Sitt

IT WAS COREY Gutch's first time at the Seattle Opera, so he asked a friend what he should wear. "Wear whatever," was the reply. "It's Seattle."
Still, having asked, Gutch presumably put some thought into his ensemble — more so, probably, than the guy who showed up at McCaw Hall on a Saturday night in Tevas. With socks, natch.

Perhaps nowhere else in the city is Seattle's eclectic sense of style — if you can call it that — so prominently on display as a venue where tuxedos and Tevas peacefully coexist. Here, in the city's most intellectual of arts venues, it is evident that the last thing cluttering anyone's intellect is visions of Balenciaga or Marc Jacobs or Chloe.

"We have a pair of guys who come in in their leather chaps because they rode in on their Harleys," says Rebecca Chawgo, a development officer for the opera. "People here attend the opera because it's an intelligent art form. The lights go down, and nobody pays attention to what they're wearing."
The same could be said for the rest of Seattle, where fashion is not so much statement as afterthought. We live in a city whose most famous fashion moment — early-'90s grunge — was bred from inexpensive flannel shirts, which we wore not because they were stylish but because they were cheap and kept us warm. Dot-com-business-casual dominated the landscape for much of the '90s, making us all look like we worked at the Gap, and a decade later, Seattle remains the kind of place where an outfit for just about any occasion can be had at REI.

"We have our own feeling up here in the Pacific Northwest, and fashion is about feeling," says John Fluevog, the Vancouver-based shoe maven who opened his first U.S. store on Pine Street in 1986. "I would say there is a freedom to be able to do what you want. I sense that Seattleites, in general, are not dictated to. Some people would say it's non-fashion. I say, no, it's liberating."

Right. That's maybe the nicest way to say that we simply don't seem to care. In theory, our free-spirited, independent-thinking town should be teeming with personal style. Like the hipsters in the music scene, or the fashionistas who shop the boutiques downtown, or those girls on Broadway. But for most of us, fashion is too fussy to be a priority. We'd rather be comfortable. We'd rather be smart. We'd rather spend our money on something else. Like a cute little kayak, maybe.

"It's interpreting fashion in a safe way. Nobody here wants to draw too much attention to themselves, for whatever reason," observes Annie Sparrow, owner of Tulip in downtown Seattle. "Maybe we create our individuality here in different ways, whether it's through our jobs or our politics."
Is there a way to blame all of this on the weather? David Avery is a Seattle doctor and professor who studies things like seasonal affective disorder. Pressed about whether our gloomy climate could affect what we choose to wear, he says: "I don't notice things like that. However, that might be my problem more than anything. Obviously, it's not all that helpful in terms of diagnosis."

Now he's curious. Is there a problem with fashion in Seattle?
Oh.
"I wondered why I moved here."

THERE WAS A TIME when people dressed up to go downtown, and ladies lunched in tea rooms and wore hats and shopped for gloves. Thirty-some years ago, when Butch Blum opened his European designer boutique on Fifth Avenue, the fashion standard in Seattle was Frederick & Nelson. Butch Blum was radical and cutting-edge; customers couldn't get enough of the Yves Saint Laurent velvet blazers. The year was 1974.

"At one time, not that long ago," says Blum, "we were considered to be very trendy. Many young people today think of Butch Blum as being rather conservative, which makes me laugh."

"Young people today" shop at upscale boutiques with sassy names like Sway & Cake. The fashion landscape in Seattle has evolved — or devolved, depending on whom you talk to — to where a $1,000 dyed ostrich-feather handbag can now be had in Ballard. Arm Candy, indeed.

Still, Seattle continues to be a place where natives will wear a rain jacket, an ugly one, when it's raining. We're sensible like that. Seattle may be home to Nordstrom, but it's also the birthplace of Eddie Bauer, and with good reason. No self-respecting native would carry an umbrella, and rain gear can go anywhere without discrimination.

"It would never occur to me to walk into a shop in Italy dressing how I would dress here," says Susan Gaylard, an assistant professor of Italian studies at the University of Washington. "I had the experience of wandering into an expensive Seattle boutique wearing shorts and ancient Birkenstocks and being treated very well. It's astonishing. That's never happened to me anywhere else."

In a city ranked among the nation's most literate — where a library is a tourist destination — Seattle has a reputation to maintain: We're smart, so we don't have to be pretty.

"It's a place where people who are very liberal and very socially conscious go to feel they're around their own kind," says Sarah Caples, owner of Impeccable, a local image-consulting company. "It shows an assertion that we're not going to care about this sort of thing."

This is, after all, Microsoft country, where the smartest man of all favors khakis and navy-blue sweaters. And it's not because he can't afford a designer suit.

"I think a big influence is the Microsoft philosophy of, it's not what you look like, it's what you know," says Betty Lin, owner of the discount designer boutique Betty Blue in downtown Seattle. Some of her customers work at Microsoft, but they tell her fashion "is kind of pooh-poohed in their corporate culture."

Gaylard, who is creating a college course on fashion development, observes that Seattle's attitude toward the subject is perhaps not as blasé as we would like others to think.

"Everyone I've spoken to laughs and says, 'We don't care about how we dress,' but that's caring. That's already a systematic position, that we're not going to identify ourselves with New York fashion and Hollywood fashion," she says. "To me, that really reflects something very clear about the way Seattleites perceive themselves and want to be perceived.

"I wouldn't say people are defensive when I ask about fashion, but there's definitely a sense of, 'Oh, we're not like that.' "

YOU'RE NOT FROM here, are you?
You look too put-together, as if you made an effort. It's cute, kind of.
It'll pass.
Sandra Saenz, 31, moved to Seattle from San Francisco a year and a half ago. She recalls the time she met friends for dinner at a neighborhood restaurant in Madrona. It took five minutes to change from her work clothes into "something cute" — capris, a cropped jacket, leather flats. Her boyfriend said, "Everybody else wears tennis shoes."

"Sometimes, you almost feel like a sore thumb when you come dressed up. You get in the habit of dressing like everybody else," Saenz says. "One of the other girls was dressed up nice, but she just moved here from Italy."
A curious thing happens to transplants after living too long in the land of fleece. They get lazy. They start wearing pajama bottoms to the corner store.

It happened to Christian-Philippe Quilici, 26, whose previous life in Los Angeles was a fashion parade. Getting dressed was a daily production. So upon arriving in Seattle three years ago, the self-proclaimed "fashion warrior" was a bit nonplussed.

"I thought Seattle was very cosmopolitan before I moved here. Since then, I've been slightly re-educated," he says. "Everyone dresses like they're going to climb Mount Rainier once they've finished lunch."
Lin, the owner of Betty Blue, had been to the REI in San Francisco, where she used to live. The experience did not prepare her for a recent visit to the REI sale in Seattle.

"It was a Sunday morning at 10 a.m., and the store is jam-packed. There was a wait to get into the parking lot," Lin recalls. "I was literally flabbergasted. I thought, 'Only in Seattle . . .' "

There's a simple explanation: Our love of the outdoors translates to our streetwear. What we wear to walk Green Lake is what we wear to dinner at the Green Lake Bar and Grill. That magazine-bred concept of "daytime" and "nighttime" wardrobes? Not so much.

"When I think of style, I think of form and function. In Seattle, it's all function with no form," says Caples, the personal stylist. "People wear outerwear clothes and yoga athletic wear as if it were appropriate to every situation, whereas people in other regions might only wear it for the particular task — camping clothes for camping, that sort of thing."
Tammy Gordon of Orting doesn't consider herself a particularly outdoorsy person, but there she was browsing the racks at REI.

"It's not all about looking nice, it's about being comfortable," she says. "The clothes are well-made, and you don't have to buy them often. You can buy a pair of shorts that last a couple, three years."

This kind of logic violates all principles governing the fashion industry, in which the Bermuda shorts you bought today are already so last week. Gordon, 37, went on to posit that "since you have to wear certain things to work, on weekends you don't want to put on slacks or really tight shoes." Somewhere in Manhattan, a Vogue assistant just fainted into her Jimmy Choos.

But here in Seattle, sentiments like Gordon's rule. As for those non-native detractors: "Get used to it."

WHEN IT COMES to fashion, the typical Seattle consumer is nothing if not practical. There's no such thing as a fashion feeding frenzy — Nordstrom Anniversary Sale notwithstanding.

"In New York or other areas, it's kind of a race to get that dress or that boot or shoe before it sells out. Here, it takes forever to get that same product to even move," says Sparrow, owner of Tulip. "We don't have that sense of urgency to our wardrobe each season."

Sparrow buys heavily into winter coats and cashmere sweaters because customers will invest in them year after year. Trendier items like skinny jeans and the color white — ya think? — are a harder sell.

"It very much surprises me, especially with the amount of money that's here," Sparrow says. "The customer here thinks a very long time before deciding which piece to buy each season."

Francine Park, a former New Yorker who opened Promesse in Kirkland about a year ago, notes that her customers are more modest in both spending and style than their counterparts on the East Coast. Women come into the store and admire the designer collections — the craftsmanship, the material — but tend to buy on the casual and contemporary side. One of Park's best-selling lines is Mike & Chris, which she describes as "effortlessly chic sweatshirt material." Figures.

Seattle customers appreciate quality as much as they do a good bargain. People here are more likely to brag about discount designer shoes from Nordstrom Rack than show off a Louis Vuitton bag.

Betty Blue does a brisk business selling past-season designer duds at a steep discount. Still, owner Lin observes that Seattleites are conservative when it comes to spending money on clothing. She notes that local restaurants are busy and homes are lavish. Is that where the money goes?

Here's Amanda Kaplan of Kirkland. She's 32, and today she's on a mission for jeans. It's her lunch break; Lin's Second Avenue shop is conveniently around the corner.

Lin greets her sweetly: "Can I first show you something that's not a jean?"
The Italian-made corduroys fit beautifully. In both colors. So do the embroidered parachute pants, just as comfortable as jeans but a bit more special — the hand-stitched embroidery gives it a little kick.
Three pairs of pants that make your butt look fierce? It's a shopper's dream. Best day ever!

Kaplan scowls at the full-length mirror. "You are killing me today. I love these."
Come again?
"I don't spend $200 on clothes!"

NEIMAN MARCUS is coming. But not until 2009.
Here is the hard truth: We might still be wearing Tevas with socks in 2009. (But not to Neiman's! Never to Neiman's.) Or we may have dismissed the look by then as sooo 2006. Hah.

Who are we kidding? In Seattle, Tevas with socks are timeless. A classic. Our version of the little black dress. Oh, it's depressing. But it's so delightfully us. And it suits most just fine.

There are those among us who are optimistic. We watch "Project Runway" on Bravo — more so here than any place else in the country. We know. It's surprising.

But Seattle is changing. We're becoming more cosmopolitan, attracting those who not only want to visit but also want to shop.

"Seattle now is a major hub for people on their way to and from Asia. We're getting a much more sophisticated, worldly traveler coming through," says Butch Blum. "And they're creating the need and want for these kinds of stores."

Indeed, the proliferation of trendy — and thriving — boutiques all over Seattle is perhaps the first harbinger of an imminent fashion revolution. People appear to be buying the clothes. Surely, it can't be too long before they start wearing them. In public.

"I think we're gearing up for it. I think there's a huge momentum building to this thing popping, it's like a pot simmering," says Caples, the personal stylist. "We've been on a back burner since grunge, and Seattle is due for its next cultural zeitgeist moment."

In fashion, to paraphrase Heidi Klum, one day you're in, the next, you're out. Maybe our next big fashion moment will come from a Seattle-inspired challenge on "Project Runway": Make a cocktail dress out of Gore-Tex and fishing wire! You have two hours!
Count us in.

Pamela Sitt is a Seattle Times staff reporter. John Lok is a Times staff photographer.
Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company

Ugh. I didn't like that article at all. The reporter made it sound like everyone in Seattle wears REI, when in actuality it's more of the older crowd. There's plenty of style if you know where to look for it. Which is what I love about it.

Which reminds me of something a woman said to me.. I was applying for a sales associate position in Laguna and the manager was giving me a phone interview when she asked about my style. I mentioned that Capitol Hill gave me a unique, experimental outlook on clothes and how the music scene plays into that and she goes, "Seattle? Don't they wear, like, grunge, up there?"

^ ******. It's a Nirvana stereotype that Abercrombie-clad girls in LA and OC still hold onto.

I miss Seattle, though, cygnenoir. Maybe after a year or two living in Frisco I'll move back. :smile:

I didn't much care for the article either, Bixby, but sometimes I think I live in a little bubble world.

I was chatting with a friend who is an engineering major and she was told by one of her professors that she really needed to work on her look for job interviews. (You know you dress poorly when an ENGINEERING PROFESSOR mentions it! :lol: )

Anyhow, she asked for my help but thinks the whole "fashion thing" is sooooo frivolous and anti-intellectual. It was really difficult to explain that her visual appearance was the first thing she would be judged on and that being aware of the world around her was another way of demonstrating intellegence. I think being in the grunge shadow of Microsoft has done us no favors!

Yeah the Microsoft style is what definitely works, believe me. However I have seen some skinny jeans, although white, with this weather...

cygnenoir said:
Bixby, come back! You're missing BELLEVUE FASHION WEEK! :lol:

And I wonder if that girl (erm, woman) works at Vain? I haven't been there in ages!

HAHAHAHA I KNOW "Bellevue Fashion Week". Riiight. What does that mean. . . Everyone in Guess?

Let me puke twice. At least Bellevue is trying to plan their city for the arts, though (Miserable example, but they are actually putting their money into art and design in attempt to drive it through the roof as a high-end consumer destination as opposed to seattle who hasn't the inclination to fund schools, much less a reasonable amount of art). Seattle should push for a major artist district but it has no interest in doing so. That's what's fundamentally lacking here. Community. Seattlites are already passive-aggressive and bummed out because there's not enough light to feed mood regulation so no heads ever crash positively and without a district or cluster of subsidised lofts or studios (or even a neighborhood that doesn't get bought up and f*cked up: Fremont, the hill, next it will be georgetown, ETC ETC) everyone is just hangin' out alone. All great civilisations are measured by their art. It works in reverse, too, because people like humanities more than they like cement buildings. If you build it (art) they will come.

Blah blah blah blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->