Seattle Street Style

the clothes suck sh*t but i like the articles, i wish that some othr street style threads had this format, rather than just pictures

Where are the pics guys? I was hoping to see some of the colourful locals!
Someone please post pics:flower:

Thought it would be fun to bump this thread with a picture I took at a festival last summer.

IMG_0457.jpg

[my own pic]

the typical Seattle flourishes (in my opinion:(
* the hoodie jacket actually worn with the hoodie up,
* the handknit hat,
* comfortable footwear (the Birks on the younger girl, the hiking shoes on the older woman),
* loose clothing in natural fabrics,
* the vestiges of grunge in the washed-down threads
* bags worn messenger-style

i used to live in seattle but moved back to the east coast almost 7 years ago (man do i feel old!). bixby, had it been back then i am sure i would have known half the people in the candids you posted a few pages back!

i miss the city...i have no idea what its like now, but back when i lived there, from '97 to '00, there was a lot of style! the cha-cha had just opened, people went to shows at the breakroom and the velvet elvis...and i loved how it was such a small town too (although it could get annoying at times)! i could not walk down broadway or somewhere downtown without running into someone i knew.

in a way i go through that in nyc too though, since all the people i knew back then live here now too!

i'd love to see more pics from people there!

Wow, that's a while ago... I went to the last show (Dub Narcotic) at the Velvet Elvis before it closed. The Cha Cha is also being torn down soon (thank god) along with a bunch of the other stuff in the Pike/Pine corridor to make way for a big condo development.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=111746

Though I do hope they reopen Bimbo's somewhere.

quimby said:
Thought it would be fun to bump this thread with a picture I took at a festival last summer.

[my own pic]

the typical Seattle flourishes (in my opinion:(
* the hoodie jacket actually worn with the hoodie up,
* the handknit hat,
* comfortable footwear (the Birks on the younger girl, the hiking shoes on the older woman),
* loose clothing in natural fabrics,
* the vestiges of grunge in the washed-down threads
* bags worn messenger-style
eeeek that picture is of Folk Life isn't it :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :lol:

yes.

what gave you the clue? the soccer mom carrying the bongo drums? :P

I hope I get to visit again soon... It's such a different vibe from the East Coast; one should experience living in both during their lifetime.

luna minor said:
SU is very liberal. Oh yes. And you should all check out Pin Go In. My friend and her dear friend put together these awesome clothes and Dame Darcy is staying at their house for two days. I think soon. And I agree with whomever said not to take the city for granted. I was living in Honolulu (heaven right? no) and missed Seattle. SO MUCH.

^^^ that made me laugh. i live in hawaii right now. honolulu area. and i'm so ready to leave... and i'm thinking of the seattle area.

The weather is getting nicer now, although be prepared to deal with more North Face jackets than you can count...

Noone at my store wears them, thank goodness.

And the folklife picture, well that was the normal style for a good portion of my high school. I don't understand it but whatever.

I'm going to Seattle for Spring Break! If I find anything TFS worthy, I'll be sure to get a picture for this thread (that isn't as popular as I hoped!)
:P

i'm going to be moving to seattle from honolulu. can anyone tell me things that i should expect? i'm completely clueless rightnow. hah.

Well expect to see a LOT of Birkenstocks, some flannel, and North Face jackets and Nalgene bottles. It's really a city of dressing for comfort. Thus trainers and sweatpants are seen as acceptable. However you will run into more decently-dressed people, believe me.

As far as weather, around this time of the year it's gonna be cool (40's-50's) and either sunny or rainy-so a light rain jacket is always good. Umbrellas are good too however a lot of people will look at you funny if you have one because they expect you to either make do with your North Face/Columbia/Helly Hansen gear or get used to the rain. Then around March-May it gradually warms up, it's not unusual for it to start to get into the 60's-70's for a bit around that time of year but of course you'll also have the rain and 50 degree weather. Summer is warm, usually stays in the 70's-80's. The old joke is that it isn't a Seattle summer without one day above 90.

But yes, when you visit, PLEASE do not wear a North Face or Birkenstocks. There will be many people who appreciate that.

what're nalgene bottles?

haha. i love how people refer to warm as 60 to 70. in hawaii, we begin to freeze at 60 to 70. haha. it's hilarious.

i will never ever ever buy or wear anything by north face or birkenstocks. i can promise you that. =] haha.

how do you like seattle?

I'm possibly moving back to Seattle.

San Francisco's fun but too expensive.. and I miss the Needle. And the craziness.

Seems this street style thread turned into a seattle chatroom :wink:

On that note.. I just got my my college acceptance letter to Seattle University.. :woot:

Now I need to buy a good raincoat..

haha. the craziness? care to elborate?

can raincoats be fashionable? i've never had to own one. where could i get cute ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->