Seattle Street Style

cygnenoir said:
Ha! I bet they'd charge for photos... :lol:

Today I saw a very tall African-American man wearing an eyepatch and a vertical white stripe down his face. He was waiting at a bus stop. I'm sure others thought he was mental (and he may have been), but of course, I thought "ooooh, yeah, street style baby!" I had a camera, but he was too scary in his own fashionable way.

And Bixby daaahling, I just realised that you mentioned mid-terms a few posts up ^ there! Where you you attend? And the fashion report please?! :heart:

I know the guy! I mean, I have seen him. I don't know him. Sometimes he wears leotards and jeans and I sh*t you not he pulls it off.

Aww... all I have to say is...

iloveseattle.jpg

source: my own friggin camera

Could I borrow your VISA? I accept checks as well. :wink:

Hang on....I sense that something is very wrong here in Seattle.

Oh, that's it! Bixby come back, we neeeeeed you!

That is such a cute piccie, btw! :heart:

p.s. Anyone been to the new shop Polite Society on 1st? It's very cool. (And no, I do not work there, although maybe I should get a job there for the discount?!:lol: )

I haven't yet, in fact I've never been downtown for shopping! I do work at Northgate though so it all evens out.

Seriously? There's stuff downtown that you'll never see at Northgate! :heart:

I don't even mean the expensive stores - the other day I bought a Vivienne Westwood corset at Nordstrom Rack for $19.99. (And weirdly, they don't even sell Westwood at Nordstrom in Seattle so it must have some from a Cali store?)

Trista said:
I haven't yet, in fact I've never been downtown for shopping! I do work at Northgate though so it all evens out.

My problem is that a) I don't even have $20 to spend on clothes because my parents just bought my work clothes and the first check I get is going to buy more work clothes, and b) it's two busses to get downtown and I won't really have time to go down there once I really get working on my job. I have to say that a lot of the selection at Northgate is bad but there are some good stores.

For me shopping often does not mean buying!

I often go to Butch Blum, for example, to check out what they have. Only once have I bought anything there and it was waaaaaay on sale. Just because everything in the store is expensive doesn't mean I can't look at it. Sometimes I even try stuff on!

They don't know that I don't already have a closet full of the stuff. :lol:

Bixby, just had to post in here and tell you, you are beautiful! :smile:

I miss Seattle too, only visited for work a few times but it's a nice change of pace from California.

does it REALLY rain that much? When I was there.. what, early july? It was beautiful. I just need to know. ha

^ When it rains it's more of a drizzle.. and no, it doesn't rain that often. More like Northern California.. but it is cloudy often. Very often. But I miss it.

Aw.. thank you, sweety. :blush:

Casius said:
Bixby, just had to post in here and tell you, you are beautiful! :smile:

I miss Seattle too, only visited for work a few times but it's a nice change of pace from California.

Hello, I just found this Thread. I am originally from Seattle, but live in Southwestern Ontario now. I miss Seattle very much, but we moved here to be near family. I have lived in Cleveland, Ohio for a short time also. But, Seattle is still my "home". Whenever I tell people where I am from, they think I am crazy for moving. I just wanted to say to those that are still living there, to not take it for granted. It is a very special place to live. I miss all the beautiful scenery and blue skys. I didn't realize I was a tree hugger until I moved:P . I miss the carefree attitude in Seattle. People are much more open-minded and socially conscious in Seattle than they are here. I am sure they think I am weird here, but I am just a typical hippy Seattle girl at heart.:D

^See .. I would think I would fit in very good in Seattle, but then I hear Seattle University is more towards the conservative side...? And in education i'm looking for a well-rounded liberal arts school.. nothing conservative for sure...

any perspectives? I would love to go to school in Seattle but don't want to end up in a place where I don't belong

I don't know about Seattle University being towards the conservative side, but I know UW isn't... right? I would think SU would be liberal being in the midst of Capitol Hill, but.. you never know.

woodenhouse said:
^See .. I would think I would fit in very good in Seattle, but then I hear Seattle University is more towards the conservative side...? And in education i'm looking for a well-rounded liberal arts school.. nothing conservative for sure...

any perspectives? I would love to go to school in Seattle but don't want to end up in a place where I don't belong

SU is very liberal. Oh yes. And you should all check out Pin Go In. My friend and her dear friend put together these awesome clothes and Dame Darcy is staying at their house for two days. I think soon. And I agree with whomever said not to take the city for granted. I was living in Honolulu (heaven right? no) and missed Seattle. SO MUCH.

SU is Jesuit, so it's officially a private religious school. I know lots of non-religious people who attend there so it's not a big deal. I think what's most important is to attend a Uni that offers what you want to study.

UW is massive, so yeah, if you study business, there are lots of conservative types. I'm in the art school, so you know, totally different world of freaks. :P

different world of freaks, were all freaks! :P

Thank you for the responses.. very appreciated, and who knows.. I may end up in Seattle next year ..

Yeah figure SU would be more liberal than SPU or PLU or what not but probably conservative compared to UW.

Yeah working down at Northgate you see quite a bit. Many times you'll see sweats and that kind of stuff, I can't count how many North Face fleeces I have seen. However some people definitely turn up in better or more imaginitive attire-not like they work at Hollister. (Not to offend anyone who works there) That is one nice thing about Seattle is that if you take a fashion risk, it can tend to be more appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->