Sex and the City Fashion

^ I have to agree :( I liked some Carrie-outfits she wore in the desert! But it was a veeery bad script IMO. I soo like the girls in season 1 to 6.

I agree I liked the girls better on the show.

I haven't seen this movie yet (I like waiting for the DVD) :blush: but the clothing was great on Carrie in the last film.. :crush: not sure on this one. Carrie always gets the best stuff, I feel bad for the other girls. :innocent:

I often thought "Samantha" got the worst clothes during the Sex and the City T.V. series; Carrie had some great looks (but some stinkers too); Charlotte could look great in that WASPy, classic way; and Miranda was pretty business-like overall, with the occasional foray. Yeah, Carrie's looks were the most whimsical.

^ And those whimsical looks suited Carrie the most, too. As far as dressing for their personalities, I think the clothing was - most of the time - pretty spot-on.

I noticed that Carrie had a few 'shoe disasters' throughout the whole show. Which shoe-related incident was worse?

Being mugged?
Someone stealing them at a party?
Stepping in dog poo?

This is my worst fashion nightmare. Going to a party/dinner taking off my shoes (MY PRADA SHOES) and them getting stolen.

I will hold them all night if I have to.

^ Mine too! I never take off my shoes at a party unless I am asked to. And even then I will hold onto them all night.

Although the stepping in dog poo in Paris (of all places!) was pretty terrible too. Especially with those white Louboutins :doh:.

I noticed that Carrie had a few 'shoe disasters' throughout the whole show. Which shoe-related incident was worse?

Being mugged?
Stepping in dog poo?

Aidan's dog chewing on a pair as well:lol:

honestly taking shoes off at a party is so so weird, I almost think there should be some sort of social rule to let the guests know first. i feel super awkward when i go to someone's house and am asked to take my shoes off. i immediately think 'i hope i don't have a hole in my tights!'

Being mugged?
Stepping in dog poo?

I think Aidan's dog Pete ate a pair of her shoes too! :doh:

That's awful because you can't really get mad at a relatively innocent animal for chewing up your $500 Blahniks!

Oops - just saw that Katie beat me to it on the dog chew shoe disaster. Sorry, should've read the whole thread.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

i hardly like what SJP wore in this movie except the dress she wears when she goes to dinner with aiden and the grey top she wears when shes writing a note to Big saying shes going to her old apt.

I liked what Cynthia wore in most parts and I LOVED that vintage skirt that got 'ruined' :cry:

hey there :smile:

please, I need your help!

does anyone remember the sunglasses (white or light grey plastic frame) carrie wore when she was at the pool with the girls and on the way to the desert before camel riding?

thanks in advance!

If we're on about the same scene, the one where Miranda cheers and the British/Australian (can't remember) rugby players do too with her. Then the glasses are Calvin Klein. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Being mugged?
Stepping in dog poo?

Being mugged, I'd have to say!

Oh, how I miss Sex and the City. I'm visiting a friend for a few days and we're going to have a SATC marathon. I'm sooo psyched :wink:

If anyone is interested, I made a screencap of Big's glasses in the film. I know it's an awkward expression, but I only saw him wearing the glasses once and then he immediately takes them off -- is there another instance in the film?

If anyone is desperate for a screencap of an outfit from the film, let me know. You'll have to try and be specific about the part though so I can find it, SATC2 is a looooooong film :lol:

My screencap:

I thought these glasses were so cool. Can anyone ID the designer?

anef5k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->