Shopping At Luxury Stores

ive been nicely treated at a lot of these stores and im 15 actually even when i jtus wear juicy track after working out haha esp hermes are really nice and chanel well chanel, my mom is like VIP and ive known the SA since i was 5 =P but almost all stores are really nice, some make up counter ljust piss me off tho haha

unplugged66 said:
Oh man have I had a few bad experiences in luxury stores!

I always get treated poorly due to the fact that I am young and apparently when you are young according to sales associates you don’t have money. The first time I ever walked into a Louis Vuitton store, was the one located on Bloor & Bay. I had just gotten out of school and I was looking for a gift for my mother with my sister. However since I had just gotten out of school I was still in uniform. The minute we walked in this Asian sales associate looked both down on me and my sister. I started to walk towards the case where the men’s wallets were located and I noticed the sales associate gesture to the security guard to pay attention to me. Anyways my sister and I never felt so uncomfortable. That day both her and I had intentions of buying an item or two but due to the fact that we felt so uncomfortable an demised we left the store, felling really down. I don’t believe I have ever been treated so poorly in my life. They looked down on my sister and I and then hinted to the security guard to keep an eye on us.

I completely know what you mean!! I'm also young, and whenever I go to that LV store (I also live in Toronto) the security guard always follows me. I was checking out the shoes and he was standing right behind my shoulder watching me. I felt so uncomfortable there that I just left. :angry:

I haven't gotten bad service in a while, I actually don't THINK I have, maybe Im just oblivious.

I have yet to visit these shops here in NYC, but in DC I never got bad service, perhaps because they knew me.

Oh, one time, at Ralph Lauren in Chevy Chase (where I practically live) Noone greeted me, noone even cared that I was in the store. Finally, Melvin came off lunch, I love Melvin...

lmelanie said:
^ thats horrible...i cant believe someone actually said something like that..

this sounds really bad but Ive noticed that you get more attention if you are dressed in designer duds..i went into the gucci store once looking like a bum but i was actually going to buy something and not a peep..they just ignored me..

the next time i went in there i was carrying this old gucci bag i had and within 2 mins two sales people were nice and asked me if i needed anything..

i did it as sort of an experiment..and it had some pretty suprising results..

Thats very true especially if you are wearing the designer in their store they are all over your ***.

madem0iselle said:
ive been nicely treated at a lot of these stores and im 15 actually even when i jtus wear juicy track after working out haha esp hermes are really nice and chanel well chanel, my mom is like VIP and ive known the SA since i was 5 =P but almost all stores are really nice, some make up counter ljust piss me off tho haha

How do you become VIP at these stores? An what do you get when your a VIP?

There's this horrible SA at Prada.. I walk in and there's 3 SA's standing there, two of them say hi and he just completely ignores me. Then I'm looking at the messenger bags and had a question, so I asked him and he just looked at me and walked away!!! I got one of the other SAs to help me out and he was very nice and helpful.

I saw this thread and though I'd ad my $ .02!

So far I've only had one semi bad experience with an SA in Louis Vuitton in GSP New Jersey. I wanted a new LV bag for Christmas and the previous year I was able to go into the store with my dads credit card info (minus the credit card), and buy the bag. My father would have much rather me do it without him than drag him to the store, yet I wasn't an authorized user on his card. If it was done over the phone, the merchandise was shipped to the credit card address so they were sure my dad was the one making the purchase. Not knowing the rules had changed less than one year later, I went into Louis Vuitton with my friend. I'm 20 but look about 16 (so I'm told), and my friend looks awfully young too. I was using my speedy that day, and dressed in jeans. I had made many purchases there before, however the SA I usually had was chosen to go to France to do something with LV. Anyway, getting to the point, after waiting a short bit, an older male SA was able to help me. Not knowing any french or how to pronounce the bag names correctly, I was describing the bags by shape. He understood what I wanted, but instead of talking to me about the bags, his eyes were wondering around the store. I told him my situation (how I had to call my dad to see if I could have his CC #) and the SA never said anything. My dad said OK and so I told the SA which bags I wanted and that I would like to do the order over the phone. He snapped saying that they were unable to do orders over the phone. I told him that not even a year go I had done the same thing, and he said "well the rules have changed." Soooo, after all of that, I asked the SA to write the names of the bags on the back of a business card and that I'd be back with my dad. He scribbled the names on the back of the card, which was unreadable. I think he felt a sense of satisfaction that his judgements were right; I looked young, and was most likely purchasing nothing. Well, it was priceless to see his face when I came back with my dad later that evening. The store was much emptier, and he was one of the only SA's behind the counter. He was THE NICEST person to me, helping me with everything, telling me stories about his family, the LV bags he has, and which bags he recommends. When paying, my dad took out a wad of cash, and then the SA started looking through my history and was like "wow, you've done a lot of shopping here," and started asking me about my other bags, and how I got into LV. I kind of wish he learned a lesson that day, to not judge a book by its cover, but maybe that's his job.

I then recieved something in the mail inviting me to the spring 2006 preview. I wonder if thats random, by how much money you spend, or by rec. of an SA? I thought it was pretty funny.

And now when I go in the store, there is a young male SA that is just wonderful. I've never seen the older man since. =)

LV does has some very stiff SA's probably because so many ppl come in there an BS because the brand is so popular now. What is the spring 2006 preview like, is it private showing? I remember the Giorgio Armani in Houston SAs are HORENDOUS Worst customer service ever.(funny the Emporio Armani directly across from it has good service) I went in Giorgio Armani an I was still dressed up from work. An I had a HUGE Chanel Shopping bag since I was Christmas shopping an I still couldnt even get a hello. Just this ridcolous look im like I could have your 2month salary in this bag an you still dont give customer service. Anywho one time I had one really good SA help there this short latino women Carmen, she was a doll an super nice ask for her if you go in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
GalleriaResident; yes, the preview is like a private showing. It's basically like a cocktail party, and bags that aren't yet for sale are shown. I'm pretty sure you can buy them also. I was invited, and was allowed to bring one guest, but I was away at school and my dad had never told me I had mail from LV otherwise I would have had him open it. I remember the preview being on a Thursday, and I returned home the following day. I was extremely disappointed because I knew it was rare to get an invite! =( Maybe there will be a next time!

ambidextrous said:
but also make sure the SAs remember and like you. at least with LV the SAs decide who's considered VIP

Agree ... I've been a VIP before at different places mostly because the SA or makeup artist or whoever liked me, not because I'm the last of the big spenders :wink: At one event I got to have lunch with Michele of Michele watches, which was cool.

i can't think of a particulear bad experience. But the service at Le Printemps in Paris was crappy. My top 3 over good SA's :

1. Hermes - Paris.
2. Marc Jacobs - Paris.
3. Dolce & Gabbana - Milano.

Last night I went to LV to buy myself a birthday gift, and had a totally oppisite experience than what I posted above! The old man that was rude to me was working, but I only saw him for a split second. I got tons of help from another SA, and his business card. I told him that sometimes I don't get any service when I come in because I look like I'm 15, (I turned 21 today), and he was telling me how they don't work on commission, apologized for the behavior of the other SAs, and that if I ever need anything to just ask for him. He said I looked awfully fimiliar, and I told him that the last few times I came in, he was the one to help me. I'm just glad that I won't have to worry as much when I walk into the store and think, "will someone help me today?" I guess that was a happy ending for me, haha.

I remember when I was at Saks in New York, I dropped a couple thousand on some clothes, the sales man was acting like my personal shopper, trying to help me out and ignoring others who were asking for help!! I came back later in the evening to buy a jacket that I saw earlier in the day, That same salesman happen to be leaving for the day and saw me- HE ACTUALLY DROPPED HIS STUFF AND CAME OVER TO ASSIST ME -The Jacket was $1900 so I guess he wanted the commission off it!!

I never get bad service when I walk in designer stores, The sales people always try to assist me, Most of the men who work in these stores are all gay, and always try to hit on me!! In Barney's New York especially. ( I should use it to my advantage and get a discount from it,lol)

i went to vegas for my birthday and decided to stay at Ceasar's because of the shopping they have there (its awesome they have everything!)

I was snubbed the minute i walked in to Carolina Herrera! The SA just immediately assumed i didn't even know the label! i was so insulted at that i didn't even bother looking around. there was no one in the store and it was sooo small and tight in that store. tucked away in a little corner. no wonder i hardly saw anyone with bags from there. it's hidden away and the employees are horrible!

Gucci, coach, dior and Marc Jacobs had wonderful SA however and i just spend all my cash at these stores.

Was it CH By Carolina Herrera or Mainline Herrera the one in Houston is CH an very small an dark like you said I think they are all like that to be honest I was dissappointed by the line I like Carlolina so I thought her second line would be better anyways back to the store the one here in Houston hardly anyone walks around with the bag but its basically there for the Wealthy Mexicans an Latinos who fly into town for their shopping sprees (what the SA told me)

i think it was the CH line. now that i think about it the store kind of reminds me of the book and wand store in the Harry Potter movie! haha i love that movie

I had a horrible experience just two days ago in a top high-end department store in Moscow. I was browsing the shoe section and found these absolutely fantastic prada platforms. I was supposed to get some money transferred to my account that day and thinking that they're already arrived, i went to the counter to pay for the shoes. When the woman at the counter swiped my card it turned out i don't have sufficient funds :blush: she didn't say anything, but the SA who was packing the shoes gave me this fake "understanding" smirk and said: "this is so strange that you have a golden Visa and no money on it" :angry: i just stood there stunned wanting to grab the freaking card and make a run for nearest exist. But than he actuallu asked me: "Does your father give you a fixed allowance? or is it your husband". I said i'm not married and walked away. It was horrible. Now, I look about 16, plus I was wearing a baby-doll dress and the SA was much older, but seriously all this patrenizing... so rude. I went back there yesterday and bought two pairs. :unsure: sadly the ***hole wasn't there. Now I regret I didn't call the manager but I never know how to behave in those situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->