Century 21

Last time I went to NYC I went and was SOOO disappointed.

It's so massive that you need a lot of time and patience to weed through it all. And after all that time, everything I saw was mostly very eurotrash looking.

It was a waste of time really.

Is the stock between the Manhattan and Brooklyn stores similar? I was just wondering if they sent certain items only to Manhattan, and other items only to Brooklyn and so forth.

I haven't been to century 21 for quite some time. I wasn't particularly wowed by it.

I wasn't wowed either. I picked up 1 D&G vest top which I boughyt 2 years ago and I no longer fit into. Some of the pieces were good but I found the store a shambles

C21 in long island is much better than C21 in manhattan.

way too many ppl go shop in the manhattan branch that the really good stuff never lasts that long. as soon as something good comes in chances are, someone will buy them within the next couple days. where as the long island store isnt that crowded so they usually have more stuff left over.

you really need to go there at the right time to find good stuff.

Ooh, I totally agree that the LI store is better. Except for shoes. Manhattan has a bigger and better selection for designer shoes generally.

I noticed that in recent months they organised the Manhattan store better. They renovated too. There are bigger dressing rooms and things are a lot less chaotic.
Imo it is a million times better than Marshalls, but I have only been to TJ Maxx once so I can't compare as well. Marshalls hardly has any decent designer items, and so few in each size. I agree with the poster that said the items look like they fell off a truck usually :doh:
Cenutry 21 is giant, having tonnes of things from many price points, and all sorts of sizes.

I have found incredible things there. When I go I tend to spend 3-6 hours :shock: I comb every department!
Some memorable bargains:
-a Carolina Hererra dress for 600$ that retailed double that. (fuzzy on the details because it was a couple of years ago.)
-an Emporio Armani shearling calf length coat for 900$!
-Margiela jeans for 20$
-Ferragamo shoes for 100$

I am in love with that store. Entirely. :lol:

A friend of mine (a member here) that has lived in the NYC area forever had never gone before. I took her a few weeks ago, and she was thrilled too :smile:

^Really? I think the Manhattan shoe selection is kind of crappy, and gets picked over real fast. There's a lot of Veronique Branquinho boots left over at the LI one that have gotten really marked down, and some Fiorentini + Baker too.

Lately, the LI store has gotten extremely busy and unpleasant to shop in I'd say it's almost as bad as the Manhattan one on the weekends now. But during the week it's not bad. The only thing is that the LI one doesn't get as many hard to find designers. The Manhattan one gets Rick Owens, Haider Ackermann, Demeulemeester and I've never seen the LI one get those designers.

The best time to go is just after New Years in January when they mark things down 65%. And also, if you miss a sample sale that you wanted to go to check C21. I can sometimes tell just by their new shipments where they came from.

Also, to add^ all the C21 stores now have private curtained dressing rooms and carts on wheels for you instead of the old baskets and communal dressing rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm. I have to admit I tend ot like what I see at all the NY locations :D As far as the crowds, I hate "people" but when I am on the hunt my focus is the clothes so I hardly notice. It's like a zone.

I found a lot of clothes I like in the last few months on LI, but more shoes in Manhattan. I didn't really analyse which designers were where since I hit both, but you're right. My friend scored a Demeulemeester skirt in Manhattan. The Margiela was everywhere though. I tend not to care as long as I find things I like.

I was thinking that LI was so crowded recently because of the holidays and now the awesome sales?

Weeks ago I was there (LI) when Burberry rainboots (the black riding boots) came in. I grabbed a pair, but opted for some cheap aqua coloured things becasue they had wedge heels instead. I don't love flat boots... now I am regretting it SO much! I even checked a few times since then because they would have worked better with my wardrobe. In LI last weekend a girl had them in her basket... my size! She had found the last ones in the "Lucky" section. *cries* I think someone returned them because a pair of Ferragamos I returned was in that area. (The darned Ferragamos had been two different sizes! They were connected adn had the antitheft in one heel of course so I found out at home grrr.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->