Shopping departments other than your own-children's, opposite sex-etc-

writergal28

Reaction score
Shopping in departments other than your own - children's, etc.

Yay or nay?

Personally, I think it's a nay, even if the clothes look grown-up. They just aren't cut to fit adults (at least females), even if they are very slim. A grown up woman just isn't shaped like a 10 year old, no matter how few curves she has. I also don't think salespeople should be directing adults to the kids' department (though many do!).

I second the "yay". You have to be careful, but it can work, especially if you are so tiny that the adult sizes do not fit.

definite yay, especially for buying basics. when I was small-sized I definitely bought things from gap kids, petit bateau kids sizes, etc. not only did it fit, but it was cheaper!

i love brooks brothers boys' oxfords for that small, somewhat boxy fit. it can work. moreso for tops than bottoms, though...

i wear childrens tee shirts and leggings etc. as adults just dont fit me. I think it is beter to wear kids clothes ... basics that is .. that look no different then adults.. as they fit better .. plus they are cheaper :smile:

To the "yays"

But if someone is smaller than a 00, yet their waist/hip ratio is that of an adult's, how would a kid's size fit her properly? If it fits on the waist, it would be tight on the hips. If it fits the hips, then there'd be a gap on the waist.

writergal28 said:
To the "yays"

But if someone is smaller than a 00, yet their waist/hip ratio is that of an adult's, how would a kid's size fit her properly? If it fits on the waist, it would be tight on the hips. If it fits the hips, then there'd be a gap on the waist.
well you don't have to buy childrens versions of everything.
jeans for example can come in very small sizes if people have this problem...

yay!

i love to see people in kids' outwear. :D :heart:
i can only make it to handbags and..accesories, though. :(

To the "yays"

I have 34c boobs .. but really really narrow sholders, and short arms ... kids tees fit me fine ... adult tee shirts fall of my sholders and the sleeves are too long in adults tops... But i couldnt get trousers in kids to fit me due to hips .. but i can get leggins etc. to as they stretch :smile: .. im not saying i buy everything from kids just the odd piece

tiamaria said:
I have 34c boobs .. but really really narrow sholders, and short arms ... kids tees fit me fine ... adult tee shirts fall of my sholders and the sleeves are too long in adults tops... But i couldnt get trousers in kids to fit me due to hips .. but i can get leggins etc. to as they stretch :smile: .. im not saying i buy everything from kids just the odd piece

I have the same problem, being able to buy kids tee's are a bit of a godsend.

YAY

I've bought tee's, coats, jumpers... it's not about women being too small or having a 10 year old body, it's simply that nowadays kids are well big!!!

MissP said:
YAY

I've bought tee's, coats, jumpers... it's not about women being too small or having a 10 year old body, it's simply that nowadays kids are well big!!!

:lol: :rofl: :clap:

I definately agree on the T-Shirt front all of my T-Shirts are from kids sections.I can fit into kids skirts aswell, and i have a couple of very nice skirts from kids sections. I also always get my tights from kids section as adults tights are too baggy on my legs, and you can get them in better and brighter colours :wink:. Plus in the UK at least theres no VAT on kids clothing.

writergal28 said:

I absolutely agree that adults, even though they may be tiny, are shaped differently compared to kids. Kids are basically straight, grown-ups have wider shoulders, hips... Both men and women.

But... I think the real problem is that the industry is really seriously streamlining it when it comes to sizing. There are loads of sizes (theoretically almost...) that aren't produced.

From my own experience, buying menswear, designers label their stuff like they've always done: 46-48-50 and so on, but most of them don't really produce stuff that actually are those sizes. They make 146-148-150 and so on (for taller people) or sizes that are for even longer people. I guess the rational is that people can always have them altered if sleeves or legs are too long... But you can't really shorten the torso, can you...?

Yay! I'm always getting Ralph Lauren from the kids section. It looks cute when the sleeves are a little crop. A Large fits me as though its a small in adults.

Yay. I am tall, but I am pretty thin, so I can fit into most kids sizes 12-16 US, whereas the same garment in a women's 2-4 might be too big.

definite YAY!

I always walk into the girls section of most Targets. As a matter of fact, I just bought two pair of sweats there yesterday. Then again, I'm only 14-years-old, so it's a bit more different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->