Shopping departments other than your own-children's, opposite sex-etc-

i always wished that they made kids clothes for adults

they have much cooler clothes and much COOLER fits for kids

I just don't see the problem here? If you're small and fits kids clothes and want to wear it, what's the problem? I think it's individual and if i want to wear children's wear, i would wear children's wear. Easy as that.

^^ My understanding of the thread is whether it's a yay or nay for you, individually. At least, that was how I gave my response.

quimby said:
^^ My understanding of the thread is whether it's a yay or nay for you, individually. At least, that was how I gave my response.

Ah, stupid me. :blush: In that case, it's a yay for me.

LVizo said:
Ah, stupid me. :blush: In that case, it's a yay for me.
:flower: no worries.

incidentally, i saw when Marc Jacobs came out at the end of his last show, he was wearing a Mickey Mouse tee. It was probably an adult size, but I liked the kid culture reference. It was cute and a little tongue in cheek.

00540m.jpg

[style.com]

Hum ... I just bought a green Benetton sweater at the Benetton Zero-Doci store ... I love it ... the fit IS small but I wear it under jackets and denim jackets which works perfect ... besides.. it much more cheaper than buying and adult version

i love wearing kids clothing. it's so much cheaper and sometimes it fits way better than the adult sizes. i just can't buy jeans because my legs are to long.

I'm not an "adult" per se, but I am a teenager and still wear clothes from the little girl section, considering I can fit in as small as a size 12!

My very favorite pair of shorts in the whole wide world are from the girls section in Target :lol:

Yes! Especially tees. They fit me better than adult baby tees for some strange reason.

Bluestar07 said:
Yes! Especially tees. They fit me better than adult baby tees for some strange reason.
I recently till i had a growth spurt was able to fit in well to age 7 t-shirts from h&m, they were very nice tees as well but there too short now :doh:

^ Ah yes that's a wee bit of problem. Kids tees seem to fit me better at the bust area. I guess I'm just not very "womanly" in that part of the anatomy.:P

Last edited by a moderator:
I can fit into kids clothing. I think some if can look really good on but some if it's like too childish, if you get me?

Yay, definitely, if it fits good.
Some very thin (no boobs almost) friends of mine buy a lot in the kiddie section, and they find good stuff.
But you gotta be careful of prints and "too cute" details if you are not that young.
Too cute or too childish ages you by contrast

i'm petite but curvy! (5'0'') whenever i can get away with kid's clothes without looking like a little girl, i'll take it. you can get some really great deals & unique items.

^^That's what I love about children's clothes :smile: I actually like the Miss Sixty line for children more than the women's line and I like pairing too cute stuff with really mature clothing from Hugo Boss

yay! you wouldnt believe how adulty some of the kids clothes looks these days!!! in places like debenhams and zara especially. my sister is really small and she buys from the kids section and alot of the time i dont even notice the difference, plus its half the price
it really baffles me what makes people think that when u become a teenager u can pay double the price?! lol

For me is a Yay^_^ I love shopping in the childrens dep. and I find it quite shocking how huuuuge kids are nowadays:unsure:

Shopping in departments other than your own

Does anyone here shop in departments other than there own? As in venture on to the mens side when your a woman because you spot a really cute sweater?

I'm straight woman, but for some reason I can't keep myself in the women's department every time I shop. I always go the men's side, because I love their cashmere sweaters and the fit, and I've even gone into the childrens section because they have very cute accesories.

Is it just me, or does anyone else engage in this practice?
And what stuff do you look for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->