SJP: Unsexiest woman alive

She's def. not conventionally beautiful, and just by looks she can be considered ugly, but the way she dresses and carries herself make her VERY attractive.

Considering that they only thing Maxim deems sexy tends to be big fake breasts, over-inflated lips and orange tanned wannabe sex-pots in lingerie, I hardly think they're in any position to judge the majority of the female population. It's easy to be flawless when you pay enough.

Plus, considering that a lot of the guys working at Maxim are probably lazy, unkempt, beer-guzzling, nobodies with an obsession with stripclubs and video games, they're hardly in any position to judge anyone else's looks.

I happen to find SJP a very attractive woman. Aside from her looks (which I think are far from ugly, unconventional, but not ugly) her personality makes her sexier than a lot of the women in Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is f***ing stupid. And I don't even like her...

I don't really have a problem with the list exactly, just that SJP is on it. I'd say unsexy is someone is/was/could be attractive but has f'ed it up with their lifestyle or plastic surgery eg Wino, Britney, Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue... etc. I would think that a bad lifestyle and too much surgery is not at all sexy, rather than "unattractiveness". So that's how I'd do the list.

I'm sure, with her career longevity, fame and fortune, and settled family life, that SJP is crying tears of deep sorrow that no-one's going to ask her to appear in Playboy. She's famed for wearing clothes, not taking them off. Boys can be so silly sometimes.

I don't like it. It's so nasty and unnecessary, like stupid spite in the playground.

you might not be beautiful but can be incredibly sexy by the way you hold yourself, your appearance, your confidence in general, etc.. SJP has all of that as it seems.
so yes, quite harsh.. but many straight men are actually also scared of this independant woman that is portrayed more and more these days.. so best to describe them as unsexy :smile:

Renee destroyed her own face, it's sad...Sarah can't help it.

It is not about the face. Well it is but we aren't talking about beauty we are talking about attractiveness. Sarah Jessica Parker is cute bubbly and charming. Renee Zellweger is this contrived freak. I think the producers learnt that when people stopped seeing her films.

Oh and how did she destroy her face?

Oh and Matthew Broderick is hot. So there.

LOL

well as much as i don't think she is sexy, but overrated, this lists, good or bad are just stupid!
i mean, this year sjp is the ugliest.. next year it will be someone else... who cares... and in this lists they find alba being hotter than angelina... that is just silly... and like, no way!!!

this thread should die. or anyone with magazine's lists!!!

Exactly. No body is hotter than Angelina. I bet Aphrodite wasn't hotter than Angelina. They prefer Jessica Alba because she was a stripper in Sin City and is generally quite a sweet goody two shoes. They don't like Angelina as much because she is a strong woman. And these guys aren't out of short pants.

As a woman, I think this is utter crap. :censored: They should have called the list "unsexiest celeburetards" and included both sexes.

you know they also listed sandra oh as well....and see,you know they're dimwitted mysoginistic ego manics when they put somebody like that on this kind of pointless list in a pointless publication. i'm sure there's a lack of straight men and lesbians that are disgusted by her...:rolleyes:

Reasons why I find Maxim so stupid...

And could care less about the pop-tarts that appear on the cover.

Wowwwwww..........:huh:
WTF???
I agree, SJP is a bit past her prime, but she was VERY sexy when she was younger and if you see her in action, i think she is more attractive than in photographs.
However, to say that ALL of SATC actresses are ugly hags is completely ridiculous, Kirsten Davies is BEAUTIFUL and Kim Catrall is incredibly sexy... I saw her in real life couple of years ago and there were 20 something boys drooling over her. So here, a-holes.
And I remember a very good-looking male friend of mine commenting on how Sanra Cho had a sexy sparkle in this movie, Sideways. I couldn't understand it, but he exlained that "she looks like she's good in bed" :ninja:

Here's an article from Australian online news The Age about how ridiculous these lists really are. Also, there's a list of the 100 Unsexiest Men of 2007. Why isn't that considered newsworthy and spread all over the world?

Media's ugly looks obsession

Kate Seear
November 1, 2007

So what do Sarah Jessica Parker, Amy Winehouse, Sandra Oh, Madonna and Britney Spears have in common? Is it that they are all, in their chosen fields, highly successful women? Guess again. According to a poll published in the men's magazine Maxim last week, together they are the world's five "unsexiest women".
According to the editors at Maxim, Spears scraped in at number five because she carried excess "pudge" following the birth of her two sons. Madonna featured following her "rapid post-nuptial deterioration" and appearances in "pharmacy menopause aisles". Sandra Oh, star of the TV drama Grey's Anatomy, made the list for her "cold" manner and "boyish figure". British singer Amy Winehouse sported "translucent skin" and a "rat's nest mane".
Former Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker must be thrilled to discover that she topped the poll. The magazine editors thought her a clear winner, whose presence in a show with sex in the title was apparently inexplicable given the fact that she has a head like a horse.
So this is how I see it. Giving birth is not sexy. If you used to be sexy, but now carry a bit of healthy post-pregnancy weight, you're also out of favour. If you don't strut around with your breasts on display or are an otherwise prickly character (which means, I think, unwilling to get said breasts out for the boys at Maxim), you're a sure bet for the list. Best of all, if you display the natural signs of ageing or are experiencing natural bodily processes like menopause, then you're fair game.
Perhaps buoyed by the knowledge that celebrity sells, the results of the Maxim poll have done the circuit as a news item — yes, a news item — over the past week. I saw the list on at least one commercial network's nightly news bulletin and it has been news in India, the United States and Britain. It even made its way onto The Age website, which is where I first read about it. All this comes on the back of a recent Esquire poll ranking the sexiest women alive. That too, it seems, was newsworthy.
In calling this kind of vicious, sexist rubbish "news", the poll is given a smidgen of legitimacy. The media implicitly support the notion that it is OK to scrutinise and rank women on the basis of the most superficial and degrading of all criteria — their appearance.
In the past three decades, as women have made advances in public life and steps have been made towards greater equality between the sexes, the scrutiny of women's bodies seems to have gathered pace. Take politics as an example. In Media Tarts, Julia Baird's excellent book examining the media's treatment of Australian female politicians, Baird argues that women in politics are rarely judged on their merits. Media commentators are far more interested in women's hairstyles (Bronwyn Bishop, Julia Gillard), sexual histories (Cheryl Kernot), polka-dot dresses (Joan Kirner), sexiness (Julie Bishop, Natasha Stott Despoja) or unsexiness and weight (Amanda Vanstone) than their policy stances or the contributions they might make to the fabric of our nation.
Indeed, in many respects, women are still seen as less the sum of their parts and more the sum of their "bits".
I can hear the naysayers: if you don't like lists like these, don't read them. And I agree. But even if — like me — you don't actively seek out polls like these, assessments of women permeate every aspect of our culture. Ask any woman and she'll tell you that such images are the reason she spends hours in front of the bathroom mirror, worrying about her every blemish or ripple of cellulite.
Media outlets need to be much more reflective about the role they play in fostering this kind of self-scrutiny among women. They must abandon the practice of uncritically promoting sexist material about women, of the kind we see in the Maxim poll. Because, as a woman, I can only do so much to avoid such harmful nonsense.
Kate Seear teaches sociology in the School of Political and Social Inquiry at Monash University.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/beauty/medias-ugly-looks-obsession/2007/10/31/1193619030819.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pablosoto
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->