Skincare Products For Men? Questions, recommendations and favorites

when it comes to skin care, just like bath and body (you know, like a shampoo designed for men? I don't follow that..) I use whatever feels right..

I've tried quite a wide range of products, and I really enjoy using Nars for skin care. it feels wonderful, and for anyone who cares, the bottles look very nice!

I've tried the face wash, moisturizer, mud mask, and toner from their line.

Pete said:
I use a mixture:
Kiehls close shaver squadron shaving cream
Anthony Logistics after shave
Anthony Logistics All Purpose moisturizer spf15
Nickel under eye rescue (has caffeine in it to reduce bags... my sis just bought a bottle after using mine)
Zirh Fix (blemishes)

Used to use all Zirh... moistirzer is not as good as Anthony. Nickel's whole line is great too.
Pete

I get the feeling somebody shops @ Sephora.

Everything by Clinique is good! Worth the prize, cause their products are very long lasting.

Anyone have any recommendations for someone with oily skin? Cleanser, toner, moisturiser, scrub, shaving etc

My experience is that most moisturizing products from the more expensive brands are too thin for my needs, especially in our dry winter. I have a tendency to get very dry skin that turns red in some areas in my face. Can any recommend a high quality, 'thicker' moisturizer? Or maybe a night cream (as it's in the mornings the situation is at it's worst, as I've slept and scrubbed my face on the pillow all night...)?

Thanks in advance!:rolleyes:

Has anyone seen the effect of Kielh's Facial Fuel? I've been using samples for a couple of weeks now (irregularly, I admit), but I'm not sure if it does anything :unsure:

i0Nic said:
Anyone have any recommendations for someone with oily skin? Cleanser, toner, moisturiser, scrub, shaving etc

i have a bit oily skin, and i find kiehl's "calendula herbal extract toner" and clinique "skin calming moisture mask" are very beneficial to oily skin. if you are NOT with sensitive/problem skin, try aramis lab series for men "skin clearing lotion" instead of "calendula herbal extract toner", as it contains little alcohol which instantly wipes oil away.
use clinique for men "oil-control hydrator" as moisturizer, it brings a matt finish, but may not hydrate enough for dry area.
and i am still finding a real good cleaser and scrub, any ideas?

Hello everyone,

This thread has been really interesting to me, I often go shopping with the intention of buying skincare products but the huge array often proves confusing! I don't handle excessive choice well!
I have reasonable skin but would like to refine some points. My skin is normal to oily but I have quite uneven skin tone, I have olive skin that tends to look very red/flushed in the cheeks and on my nose, excessively so in very hot or cold weather. I'm not actually sure whether any products can help this or if it would require something like laser treatment?

I often attempt to make my skintone more even my applying fake tan, generally St Tropez, it does help but I would like a more permanent solution.

Also, I use an electric razor to shave..are there any good pre or post shave treatments specifically for electric razors as my skin is often very dry and irritated after shaving.

In case any of you were looking for a good undereye cream, I use teamine cream. It works absolute wonders, I used to have very very dark undereye circles and while they have not gone completely they have diminished A LOT! I swear by the stuff! :D It is distributed by a company called "revision"..sorry but i don't know how to post links but I'm sure you can google it.

Ok after the longest post ever I shall go and thanks!

have anyone here guys have tried Idealist by Estee Lauder & Creme de la Mer?

I am thinking of combining them together???

L.A.Trash, I'd suggest Idealist by Estee Layder for refining skintone and imperfections. It's not a permanent solution in any way, but it does make your skin look nicer if you use it consistently, in my experience.

And about the shaving... I can't use an electric shaver, it's just to stressful for my skin. Maybe you should consider trying shaving with quality blades instead?

Hey!

I use an electric razor as I don't like to be clean shaven...instead of shaving with blades and having cycles of being clean shaven and then stubbly I use an electric to trim my stubble. Is there any other way to have short stubble and not use an electric?

A lot of people seem to swear by idealist. Do you know where the cheapest place to get it would be?

Thanks so much for replying!

L.A.Trash

For expensive, la Prairie is fairly high priced although I've found it can be harsh.

I personally prefer Sisley although more of a unisex label.

Creme de la Mer has worked as well although I have not rebought it.

There is also SK-II from Japan. Aesop from Australia, and Erno Laszlo. Most are unisex, and are all of the higher spectrum.

For something lower try Anthony Logistics or Nickel.

omg...what a coincidence?
I'm currently using Anthony Logistics and La Mer.
I just bought SK-II, and I'm contemplating about trying out Sisley.

I'm obsessed with SK-II's Facial Treatment Masks. I like Sisley's masks and cleansing milks. I dont use anything with the word 'Men' in the title. It's usually the same formula as the rest of the line, just in 'masculine packaging'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Older thread, but I thought i'd give this a good bump.

Over the last little while my skin has been becoming a little more of a bother as i've gotten older and i'm really unfamiliar with alot of this stuff. Right now I use cetaphil to clean my face and works great to get rid of pimples and what not, but my skin becomes dry afterwards even if I don't use cetaphil...so i'm assuming I have dry skin?

My nose and top of my cheeks get the dryest and I don't know what I should be doing to improve my skin....it sorta becomes flaky sometimes and rough.

so i'll start off, what should I be using? Moisturizing, dfferent cleanser, exfoliator? I don't even "really" know what a toner does :ninja: I don't want to ask my sisters :lol:
Can anyone help me out? I've noticed alot of people saying Kiehl's was great.

Thanks, i'll appreciate any help I can get here :smile:

yourbestfriend, Stop using Cetaphil! I mentioned in another thread the harm it does... (very dehydrating and stripping to the skin, doesnt properly cleanse)

Do you exfoliate? It will help with the dry skin you have, removing accumulated dead skin cells, but a more gentle cleanser would be a step up from Cetaphil. You should be moisturizing day/night (one cream or two or three...hehe) and not everyone likes toners but I love them..they can help product absorption of products applied after cleansing, they rebalance your acid mantle (your skin's pH level) and it's an important step not to skip IMO. It's hard to recommend online without seeing anyone's skin under a mag lamp (magnifying lamp aestheticians, derms use to analyze skin type) but if you're talking of dry skin, definitely get a exfoliant with granules/beads that you can smooth over your face. I dont personally like Kiehl's but it's better than Cetaphil! :wink: I'm a huge product wh*re so I can help you with suggestions after you've listed what your budget would be. :flower:

Thanks for replying LTEC! I didn't know cetaphil was so bad since everyone always says how great it is lol. And no, I don't exfoliate at the moment though i'm sure it would help alot. For my budget, i'd say, I guess it's hard to say really, i'd pay more than drug store stuff (which is pretty cheap) but I wouldn't pay anything extravagant either.....so I guess something good, that isn't super 'luxurious' :shock:.

yourbestfriend, Stop using Cetaphil! I mentioned in another thread the harm it does... (very dehydrating and stripping to the skin, doesnt properly cleanse)

Do you exfoliate? It will help with the dry skin you have, removing accumulated dead skin cells, but a more gentle cleanser would be a step up from Cetaphil. You should be moisturizing day/night (one cream or two or three...hehe) and not everyone likes toners but I love them..they can help product absorption of products applied after cleansing, they rebalance your acid mantle (your skin's pH level) and it's an important step not to skip IMO. It's hard to recommend online without seeing anyone's skin under a mag lamp (magnifying lamp aestheticians, derms use to analyze skin type) but if you're talking of dry skin, definitely get a exfoliant with granules/beads that you can smooth over your face. I dont personally like Kiehl's but it's better than Cetaphil! :wink: I'm a huge product wh*re so I can help you with suggestions after you've listed what your budget would be. :flower:

I despise it!

yourbestfriend do you have any breakouts or is your skin mostly dry? how does it feel after cleansing? does it feel kind of tight, itchy perhaps?

LTEC, sometimes i'll have a breakout every once in a while but not that frequently. After cleansing, my skin feels a little tight, but not usually itchy though once in a while it does get that way. I think my skin is dry but not terribly so.. -_-

I don't know what to do with my pimples anymore; it's everywhere! :( Any good brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->