Vogue Paris August 2007

L'icone

Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Model: Snejana Onopka

mariotestino. com

Oh my.

She is like an adult baby.
When she doesn't get her way. Or she thinks she can demand things. What bad celebrities are like.

Wonder how long it will last. Either way, I'm not expecting much. Hope to be proven wrong.

Is Marilyn relevant nowadays anyway ? There is nothing to expect from Snejana. She will still be based in Ukraine and do nothing.
She needs to go back to reality

^ They're not that relevant anymore. Anyway, looking at the situation of the remaining girls of her generation: if the current industry didn't really care much about Gemma coming back... I highly doubt Snejana will have a chance to hit high notes in the spotlight ever again.

^maybe, but there's also a reason why Gemma doesn't get the kind of work she did years ago.

^maybe, but there's also a reason why Gemma doesn't get the kind of work she did years ago.

true, Gemma doesn't seem to be so interested in her career, and you rarely see her post old campaigns and covers on her instagram like Snejana does all the time. Snejana is basically runway ready physically, and at least seems interested in resuming her career.

But wasn't part of Snejana's failed comeback her fault? Didn't she say something like she would only do editorials if she was getting the cover, had to have certain makeup artists, etc? You can't be THAT demanding.

Don't think the comeback is going to happen. Snejana doesn't seem to have the easiest personality, and she is no longer a fresh-faced fairy. She has this look, I don't know - like a blouse that's not quiet in fashion anymore. Sasha P. and Natasha Poly among others have stayed relevant and have continued to grow their careers because they are pleasant, interesting and intelligent. Being a fierce diva is not enough.

Don't think the comeback is going to happen. Snejana doesn't seem to have the easiest personality, and she is no longer a fresh-faced fairy. She has this look, I don't know - like a blouse that's not quiet in fashion anymore. Sasha P. and Natasha Poly among others have stayed relevant and have continued to grow their careers because they are pleasant, interesting and intelligent. Being a fierce diva is not enough.

Unfortunately I agree. She pretty much shot herself in the foot and I doubt there's any coming back from it at this point. Too bad, such a waste.

Gemma was number one of her era... Snejana was just relevant enough. I know Gemma prefers to be a mom now, but still, the big names really wanted her recently. On the other hand, it's sad that nobody really cares if Snejana gets out of shape 'cause no one remembers who she is anymore. Not even Meisel gets melancholic because he inveted her, not a single relevant fashion person has wanted her in ages.

Vogue Italia October 2009

Glitter
Photography: Michelangelo Di Battista
Styling: Alice Gentilucci
Hair: Stephane Lancien
Make-up: Dotti
Manicure: Christina Conrad
Model: Snejana Onopka

Scanned by Diciassette

Vogue Paris April 2012

Zoom
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura