Stretch Marks

U can buy mederma at any drugstore..look for it by the band aid stuff and neosporin ...

acester said:
OMG i'm starting to get my hopes up!! Ok it started by me using my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Lotion, everytime I went to the toilet or anytime I had time, then I bought Palmer's Cocoa Butter ScarSerum and started putting that on frist THEN the Stretch Mark Lotion. By putting it on so many times I swear I have seen a dif.!!! I'm 14 so I mean they could easily jsut dispapear but I thought you might like to know my progress:flower:

are ur stretchmarks red or white?

Strivectin is a popular one..but expensive.

Can't get rid of existing stretchmarks...they only fade...never go away. But you can try and prevent future ones by using products already suggested.

Can other people feel their stretchmarks? I have TONS, mostly on my thighs, but pretty much everywhere waist down, and when I run my hands over them, I can definitely feel them. Like scars.

I hate them. I hope eventually they come up with some way to make them go away completely. Atleast if they didn't shine so much it would be better.

Assembler said:
Can other people feel their stretchmarks? I have TONS, mostly on my thighs, but pretty much everywhere waist down, and when I run my hands over them, I can definitely feel them. Like scars.

I hate them. I hope eventually they come up with some way to make them go away completely. Atleast if they didn't shine so much it would be better.
you should see a dermatologist. they'll know the latest methods for minimizing them, including laser treatments and chemical peels. you can help hide the parts that are exposed in summer, like on your legs, with self-tanning creams or a little body makeup.
stretch marks are normal, many girls, maybe most, have them, guys too. for what it's worth, my experience is that girls who have them are much more conscious of them than, say, their friends or boyfriends, whoever, who tend to think they're no big deal – they're normal. :wink:

So if strivectin doesn't treat them, what does it do? Just fade them? Does it fill them in at all?

Hanne said:
<!--QuoteBegin-jewelrylady[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 02:58 PM
I've heard Vitamin E oil helps. Never tried it mysellf though.

[snapback]309312[/snapback]​
Hanne said:
Well I'm pregnant and expanding rapidly..sofar I haven't run into any stretchmarks..but it's still early in the running..so who knows.

Anyways, every morning after shower and every night right before bedtime I rub my tummy and boobs with a selfmade mix of Almond-oil (contains Vitamin E) blended with Vitamin E oil and Mandarin oil.

I'll let you all know if it does the trick in about 5 months time :wink:

Well it did help..right up untill I was 6 days pasted my due date..:doh: and I think if it wasn't for the fact that I gave birth to a 4,2kg baby that reeeeally stretch the skin of my stomach to its limits I wouldn't have gotten any..maybe baby..who really knows..

From my understanding, stretch marks are the result of protein breakdown below the skin. I got a few with my first daughter, that appeared the day AFTER I gave birth. I suddenly had all these pink slashes on my hips and I couldn't believe it when the doctor said it was stretch marks. They did fade away to nothing, though, can't even see where they were. I didn't get any with my second daughter who was 20% heavier than my first.

Now if anyone could come up with a non-surgical way of removing wrinkles around my belly button though..:cry: :( .

young_princess said:
are ur stretchmarks red or white?

white, red and purple. I was talking about how my red and purple ones were fading. I am now using Bio-Oil it's this orange stuff that is also used for wrinkles and pigmentation fading. It's working quite well..but I think it's just because I'm not growing anymore(in those areas), or something. But I'm obviously growing on my hips because they are there and red down there. But they aren't getting any deeper or anything.

Has anyone else used Bio-Oil??

What about preventing strech marks ??? Just body moisturiser? :huh:

Yeah using moisture with vitamin E should help prevent them as well as treat them. I had white ones(they never went through the purple stage :huh: ) and after I started using concentrated vitamin E cream I have really noticed an improvment. I used Vitamin E oil a little bit too but it was just too messy

yer my friend just suddenly got white ones...but in the weirdest place..........

across her knee..and I'm not saying vertical, I'm saying horizontal!! and her knees are soooo not fat

I've got a couple white ones on the sides of my knees and tons on my hips and butt. I'm so self-conscious about them. I model too and i'm worried i'm gonna get turned down for jobs cuz i have so many.

Ozi said:
Yeah using moisture with vitamin E should help prevent them as well as treat them. I had white ones(they never went through the purple stage :huh: ) and after I started using concentrated vitamin E cream I have really noticed an improvment. I used Vitamin E oil a little bit too but it was just too messy

Any creams in perticular you can reomend? :flower:

pucci_mama you can get pure vitamin E oil in health stores..most vitamin E cremes dont mention the amount of vitamin E it contains.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->