Style.com's Top Ten Collections

who is that woman who said bad things about marc jacob's collection?

is the list by anna W or CPP?
I know that everything else is by CPP, no? Ive seen her pick samples of collections all by herself during some of my appointments... :unsure:
edit: the samples were for her top 10 lists or item of the day..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's the list of the entire style.com review team? Sarah Mower, Nicole Phelps, Tim Blanks etc? Plus Pratts Price as well...

The only ones I agree with are Marios Schwab and Dries. And I too would have loved to see Jil Sander there.. :heart:

Nor am I surprised to see Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Prada or Lanvin there... :judge:
Though I'm surprised that Dolce and Gabbana made it, pleasantly surprised since I think it's the first time I've ever liked their collection..

There were way more designers that should have been on there.....John Galliano!!! Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Versace, Valentino. DSquared (lol kidding)

you really think that versace and this season givenchy are in the same calliber as say, balenciaga, or lanvin?
really??
but i do agree with galliano and mcqueen
maybe instead of ralph lauren and marios?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Easily! Of course this is just opinion and Im probably biased since I rarely dislike Versace and Givenchy. But I thought they were both very good collections, they can easily replace some of the chosen ones.
What Im getting at is not wether they were as good as Balenciaga or Lanvin but they were DEFINATELY better than Marc Jacobs and Prada.
I mean if I was making the list Marc Jacobs would NEVER be on there. All of his collections this season were a fiasco for me.

^
i really just think that they take some getting used to
personally i loved marc jacobs and prada, even if just for the accessories. i don't think this list is about creating wonderful, wearable clothes, it think it is about moving things forward.
and if we don't have those people, then we'd all still be in loin cloths.... :smile:

great to see both Marios Schwab and Rodarte making it to the top 10...for the rest no real surprises actually

but seriously...where is Jil Sander :ninja:

Oh I liked Marc Jacobs and Prada, I think this kind of thing like ranks is just a matter of opinion, especially when you rank fashion

Marios Schwab! That almost redeems everything.

Jil Sander was amazing this season...surprised to see it excluded this time.

This list is hilarious. What Fashion shows were these people at?

Prada? D&G?

I guess these designers could march potato sacks down the runway and they would make the list.

I feel bad that Valentino didn't make the list especially since it was his last collection. What's really sad is that the big names like Prada have monopoly despite the fact that there are really inovative designers out there who really create wearable unique fashions but don't make the list because they're not big enough or bankable brands. Another thing that's unusual is that none of Karl Lagerfeld's designs made the list.

Boring and predictable (except for Marios). Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Jil Sander, Giles?.

Lanvin, Rodarte and Dolce are the only ones I like.

The list is SO rigged. C'mon, how can you not say Galliano's show this season was one of the best! And Marc Jacob's show was? (just because it inspired controversy DOESN'T automatically make it AMAZING!) I'm just happy they had Rodarte on the list, Laura and Kate really deserved it! I agree with Balenciaga, but that's it. I also would have put JPG up on the list.

Why is Prada on the list...that show just made me sick!:sick:

The list is so biased. Prada is ALWAYS the same, I can never tell the difference. And Ralph Lauren? What is he doing on the list? His collections are never anything exciting.

i really really dont take style.com serious and their lists are as i said earlier the worst ones.... it is extremely biaised and pretty much the same old same old season after season.
the list doesnt affect anything in real life except some of those who work at the mentioned fashion houses who get all hyped up and email their customers now (as we speak)

fashion is about excellence (style, finish, etc) but mainly innovation and none of them except for Marios are.

i hated jacobs and i have always been a jacobs fan. i love loved lanvin but always have. and dont get me started on balencigna i sware it was the same damn structered shirt/dress every single look in a different floral print. anna wintour grow some balls

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->