Style.com's Top Ten Collections

I am glad to see Marios on the list, but Prada, Versace...no thank you. And Ralph was typical Ralph.

*snores*

I only agree on Lanvin, it is one of the best collections for Spring 08.

And why is Prada on the list?!?!?! Well, at least they didn't put Chanel on there!

i must now start countiing the AD $$$$$$ in the vogue issues by the backers of these designers .......well may be most of these designers ......with the exception of LANVIN and DRIES ....the rest are probably bankrolling VOGUE expense accounts ......lets face it........its really all about how big your ads are......i mean ...who can beat LIZ claiborne ad budget ??......and who can stop versace when they are in the midst of an attempted comeback ?? ........well its an opinion

^^ Intriguing ideas bearbrick. I'm sure you are right on the money.

I see your point about Liz Claiborne's ad budget, but I'm a little lost about what you mean by the Versace comment, they weren't on the list so please explain...:flower:

I never really like (or even understand) the concept of a list...
but I really don't understand this one... How can you make a Top10 without any order, but only an alphabetical one... this is purely ridiculous and hypocrite...

Balenciaga was, in a way, good for the ideas Nicolas developped... and as it says
Others have only to wait a season or two until the designer's ideas trickle down, as they inevitably do.
but finding Dolce&G. right after Balenciaga makes me go "those style.com ppl are such freaks!!!!!"

Then i never understood (even though i think i'm liking Marc Jacobs ss08 collection more and more) why Marc Jacobs ss08 is labelled "sexy"... What is sexy in this???
I know one of my fav. photo stylist named it the "new sexy"... but honestly, I still don't see it... maybe i'm just not that smart...

Then even if every city is represented, I really think this is a typical "We Do Support NY" list... 1/4 is from NY... But I think this is a good point they at least listed one London-er...
Still, I don't understand why Ralph Lauren is there (and not Valentino... if you're doing an Anniversary list... at least you could do sthg for Valentino who's quitting...), Rodarte (yes it's beautiful, ok... but pfff "zzzzzz" it makes me sleep a little...), Dolce & Gabbana ("zzzzz", too...) and Rodriguez (that I did like... but def. not enough to make it top10...)

this list is really american... and is really boring...

i must now start countiing the AD $$$$$$ in the vogue issues by the backers of these designers .......well may be most of these designers ......with the exception of LANVIN and DRIES ....the rest are probably bankrolling VOGUE expense accounts ......lets face it........its really all about how big your ads are......i mean ...who can beat LIZ claiborne ad budget ??......and who can stop versace when they are in the midst of an attempted comeback ?? ........well its an opinion

I see your point about Liz Claiborne's ad budget, but I'm a little lost about what you mean by the Versace comment, they weren't on the list so please explain...
flowers.gif

of course, he's right...
and MMA and I already did such a stuff for the Sept. issue of Vogue US and I think somewhere on the internet some people are doing it...
if not... someone really should blog just for that...

^i'm not sure Wintour likes him...
well she didn't like him at Hermès...

well....when i mentioned Versace - although not in the list - it was more to support my view that AD money talks esp in such mags ......Versace has had a revamp recently = call it a total makeover if you like ...the whole works from head to toe ...as it were....i am sure it s been written a bout somewhere ...so by some mysterious invisible hand from somewhere a buzz or a variety of buzz about Versace will be created - and in return ...huge ads are booked.....in mags . you will hear more about Versace from now on ...bellieve me ....i mean look at Versace now .....the direction , the loook .....and of course the new perfumes.....

of course there must be a balance betwn credibility and going overboard in support of a brand .....there must be at least some basic ......recognition of talent and appeal.

of course there is no direct link to say if you dont advertise you dont get featured ...a good "insider " look would be to watch ugly betty , the devil wears prada , read the fashion consipracy ......that ought to give you an idea .

long live the ad agencies and cameramen and their crews

thats not to say ......that all credibility is lost .....i think the editors wont allow it ......there must be some real appeal to the clothes and there must be enough feature on outstanding designers old and new to ensure that this creditiilty is maintained......

thus you get a list that has some good , t he bad and the ugly ...some duds and some finds......
for the rest of us.....lets just enjoy fashion and dont belive what you read too much ....and always always have your own point of view ......

who knows TFS has many fashion editors logging on i am sure .....and reading intently on whats being said ......they may even stirr debates on something...i mean there are some " designers" and brands,,who would nt see the light of day .and they are constantly being writtend and commmented about in here......just look at the HOT topics section .....

enjoy fashion , dont be a slave

Prada?Balenciaga?marc jacobs? vogue loves these designers
I don't (except balenciaga but this season it was crap)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->