Style.com's Top Ten Collections

I doubt this top ten list is free of hidden motives. :ninja: I think the list is a complete joke, personally.

it just makes me laugh so hard:woot:
this is so predictable, of course they're gonna put balenciaga marc jacobs and prada!!!
these brand would have to die to dissappear from that list...

I personally gonna defend Versace collection,, because it was beautiful
it might not be avant garde, but damn I love to watch it, and it is inspirational

I think the best we can do is come up with a personal top 10 collections list

I'm so sure that we TFS ppl have a more objetic view of the collections and designers, we are not getting paid by any house...
so I rely always on my tfs pals!^_^

I actually like this years list :ninja: the only one i hate is D&G.

I absoloutely LOVE the fact that Marc Jacobs is on there,because that collection was way better then the second version he did for LV.

balenciaga deserves it- I loved it!!

I loved it too ^_^

I think Prada always deserve to be on this kind of list, Miuccia always come up with something new, new fabrics, new concepts etc. , I'm not a big fan of MJ but his collection was sexy and different, I liked it.

IMO, Versace was OK, nothing special for beeing in this list, nothing new, Ralph Lauren was just boring, it shouldn't be on that list, he is there just because of his anniversary. -_-

There were way more designers that should have been on there.....John Galliano!!! Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Versace, Valentino. DSquared (lol kidding)
i felt as though john galliano was simply a rehash of last seaons, and mcqueen was simply a retorspective. givenchy was aboslutely pitiful this year... but i dont understand why valentino was not on the list, as this is his last rtw stand.

Valentino was not there because his collections are like Versace's, they're all the same, do you know what I mean? They don't come up with anything new, McQueen, a retrospective of what? :| Of Isabella? I wouldn't call that a retrospective and Galliano did his worst collection for Dior.

I feel bad that Valentino didn't make the list especially since it was his last collection. What's really sad is that the big names like Prada have monopoly despite the fact that there are really inovative designers out there who really create wearable unique fashions but don't make the list because they're not big enough or bankable brands. Another thing that's unusual is that none of Karl Lagerfeld's designs made the list.
... Muccia is an innovative designer if ive EVER seen one...

Valentino was not there because his collections are like Versace's, they're all the same, do you know what I mean? They don't come up with anything new, McQueen, a retrospective of what? :| Of Isabella? I wouldn't call that a retrospective and Galliano did his worst collection for Dior.
It was a retrospective of his history as a designer, even if it didnt feel self indulgent.
It was a tribute, so i guess it deserved a place on the list, and it was a very good showcase of his ability.

I like lists and anything in the list category, but this list is just so typical of style.wrong!:innocent:

out of that list, i loved rodarte, dries van noten, lanvin, and narciso. i'm mixed on balenciaga and prada.

i've always had a dislike for anything ralph lauren. :yuk:

i wished they would have mentioned Ferre..... *sigh* instead all the "trendy" designers make it to the list. Though Dolce wasn't too bad.

Lanvin is the only one from that list that I liked...Gucci should have been there.

Before I opened this thread, my first thought was 'If Marc Jacobs is on this list, I know they are total and complete brown noseing hacks.'

Wel... :lol:

Well....I enjoyed Rodarte.

I think that's about it from the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->