Sweatpants S/S 10

yigal azrouel
00310m.jpg
00330m.jpg

not sure about the second pair... probably not sweatpants.. but look similar

style.com

I've seen some in the stores already. I think they were from American Vintage.

I really dislike this trend, it just looks so wrong and ridiculous to me.

sweatpants are great dressed up or down. in their new line, the row, mary-kate and ashley did a great job bringing class to casual. also, casual sweatpants for japs can be found made by peaceloveworld. i LOVE the ultra flare look they designed.

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have said before, when it comes to sweatpants there is a fine line between fantastic and sloppy. For me it really depends on the color(s), and the construction. I like them when they're fitted on the lower leg, instead of loose all around. And I like sweatpants to be free of any writing, especially if it's printed across the rear end, that is always tacky in my opinion. :yuk: And to keep sweatpants from looking sloppy, it's necessary for them to have a dressier feel, and I have never seen nice slacks/pants with stuff written all over them, so when it's done on sweatpants (even though it's been/is popular to do so) it immediately sends a message of "non formal", and completely hinders them from being seen as anything more than college campus kind of wear. :innocent:

^i agree..

you definitely aren't going to achieve a sophisticated look with any sweatpants you pick up at victoria's secret's PINK store... the cuts may work but the colors and embroidery just make them tacky for the most part

What's cool about sweatpants is you can get them anywhere are a VERY low price.

Damn are they comfy, I got mine from a teen store called Garage. I chose the plain one with very unoticeable gold logo. :heart: And they were like 9 bucks.

Personally I LOVE sweatpants. I can go just wearing them, t-shirt (little more fitting, not oversized t-shirt BUT definetly not too tight eather) and flats and clutch. I somehow like that combination.
Ofcourse some sweatpants can look sloppy and frumpy but if you choose right one the look can be pretty cute and upper part need to be picked very carefully!

img-5214-3164413_0x440.jpg

Kuva%2B4.png

Kuva%2B6.png

vogue.it
jak jil at style.com

apparently you are now supposed to wear yours with a fur coat..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still not loving the sweatpant look...maybe because it doesnt suit by body shape to wear something so big? I love well tailored clothes...

Not a fan of all the Sweatpants walking down the runway. It's a hard one to pull off without looking like you just rolled out of bed and threw on something.

2d7vwiu.jpg

facehunter

Me wearing last summers Zara version.

I had to let them go, because they couldn't hold their shape, just look at the knees..:ninja:
I think that is the main problem with trying to pull off sweatpants, the materials just aren't good enough

Hmm, I get the look, but I still don't think I like it. Granted, I love wearing jogging bottoms, but only around the house or actually jogging - they're soooo comfortable - but I just think they look sloppy when worn anywhere else.

Oh yeah, and in Lonon they're just generally part of the chav revolution, which I REALLY don't like.

I love sweats to sleep, but that's about all, honestly. I only go out in them when I'm making a quick drive thru fast food run or a run to get gas, etc. that sort of thing. Though I must admit, the one in this thread are much cuter and appealing than those HIDEOUS pajama jeans that have been on tv. -_____-'

Personally I can't help but think that this is one of those trends that works only if you look a certain way. If you're beautiful and blessed with the right proportions then you can get away with wearing just about anything, even sweatpants. The only people I've seen look good in this are those who already look like models and could look good in a potato sack.

There is something very Emperor's New Clothes about this trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->