Target to hold world's first ever virtual fashion show

I hope this isn't a premiss of the future runway show...how would you be able to judge on texture, colour versus lighting etc etc. I was bummed by Chalayans presentation for SS08 already, but this bums me out more.

While it is an interesting idea, I have a feeling it will be poorly executed. :innocent:

We'll see...

I was at Grand Central a couple of hours ago. They were setting up the show. Not at all spectacular. I wasn't aware of any holograms. Just a black screen where images of clothes were projected, with no perception of depth.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I hope they saved the effects for the actual show.

getty via fashionweek daily

you can see the whole fashion show here
http://www.livescience.com/php/video/player.php?video_id=071107-targetx

It sure beats Second Life and their 'fashion' shows.

Target definitely isn't considered high-fashion so, its an interesting concept but i hope it's not the future of fashion shows!

This concept and idea could be cool as an addition to a marketing plan, if done properly. Slap it up on a website or Youtube. But I agree, to be the sole method......I don't like it. As someone said, you can't see fabrics, textures, small details. And colors can all vary depending on monitors and such.

you could see a whole lot more at Grand Central. it was in a much bigger format. i agree that it does not look effective on one's home computer.

awwww, i love target. though, high fashion isn't their thing. perhaps this is just to be simply mindless fun?

btw, the kate moss hologram was incredible.

When I read it I got a little ticked and was about to say ... but Helmut Lang did it first!

But no ... different thing ... its OK ... I guess pictures cant fully grasp its greatness ... and I like the pics I saw ... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->