Anna Sui for Target

I have seen a few pictures of this, and it looks like it could be a disappointment. From what I saw, it just wasn't impressive...It looks a bit cheap, to be honest. Maybe it'll surprise me, though.

hello everyone! have you seen the slideshow on nymag.com?

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/06/check_out_anna_suis_gossip_gir.html#

i really like it, though i haven't started watching gossip girl yet. i love that there are so many dresses! i hope they are nice in person. i was just thinking about the target collaboration clothes i've bought the other day. while some haven't held up, most of what i've bought has. i just have to remember to be picky and not get caught up in the moment.

gossip girl=mature???? looks very tweeny to me.

I adore Anna Sui... I feel this line is going to be an extreme hit or miss as are most Target collaborations. . . but I'm still excited to see it! Add me to the list of people who were dissapointed with the McQueen line at Target, a bit tacky and poor quality if you ask me (I hope this is not the case with Anna Sui's line). . . I know that line could have been 98% better... it was quite dissapointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
the "blair" pieces are a nice fusion between the character and Anna Sui-ness I feel. otherwise, the rest of the pieces are pretty hit or miss...i'd have to say vanessa's looks are the next best represented...serena's feather-trimmed dress i'd buy as a serena look...as for jenny's...huh?

i wonder if the leather (or pleather?) serena jacket will be as in demand as the tracy feith one...

I am excited but I also feel that some of the pieces could work but could also be a bit too juvenal for my age. Some of those dresses seem too short for my taste. Either way, still can not wait till this hits my local Target store:D

I like the 60ish dress with the blue bow a lot I might need to get that one

Im really excited for this. Now lets hope its actually in all Targets, unlike the McQueen collection.

I love some of it and dislike some of it. I'm dissapointed by the Blair pieces... there were some Serena and Jenny pieces I loved and would probably buy. I think most of it could have been better.

faran over @ nylon magazine (and formerly of fashionista.com...i believe?) has an excellent article up demonstrating how this collection for target is essentially a greatest hits (or flat-out ripoff, depending on how you look at it i guess) compilation of her previous runway looks for her own line...

http://www.nylonmag.com/?section=article&parid=3232

i personally think it's great that you truly get THE look for less now :wink:

I will probably pick up a few of the Blair pieces. I wish she had designed some headbands to match

for those who haven't read about it, the Daily News posted an article about the unhinging of anna sui's upcoming line from its gossip girl association. sounds pretty unfortunate how target decided to skip out on some gratuitous attention mongering by pulling its decision to place the pieces in an episode...as a fellow minnesotan myself who usually has nothing but love for all companies based in minnesota, i gotta wonder what silly conservative freak up there in corporate made this all happen/unravel...

i especially love how racked.com, in their own reporting of the matter, plays up the silliness of the issue with some sarcasm by stating, "Today's Daily News reports that Target has suddenly become uneasy about Anna Sui's Gossip Girl–themed line, ostensibly because an executive high up in the company is worried that it will encourage the youth of America to have wanton sex, accidentally murder people, and do terrible, unnamed things in Santorini." haha...

the full original article can be read HERE.

i'm looking forward to this line. lots of cute dresses similar to her own collection. i anticipate it will do well.

I like some of it. I might pick up a Blair dress or two. I'm not really into much of Serena's stuff though. There's one dress I like, but it actually strikes me as kind of Blair-ish. Also, why are all of Vanessa's clothes orange and brown? I feel like there could be some more color variation there.

Vanessa Zohr wears Anna sui for target dress
071409-jessica-anna-400.jpg

instyle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->