Taylor Swift

Leaves the Katie Show in NYC - October 22, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Tikipeter)

Leaving Good Morning America - October 22, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Tikipeter)

I don't know if it's that her songwriting isn't maturing or if I'm just tired of her, but some of the songs from Red don't seem to be up to her usual par. I mean, she rarely writes anything of any great complexity or depth that moves you on a deeper level: Fifteen would be the exception. And Ronan. But I like to listen to her songs simply because they're catchy and fun. The only songs I've liked of her new album so far are "Everything has changed" and "Begin Again." Everything else is just...no. Plus, the song that she wrote for her boyfriend's grandparents is seriously :sick: territory. Poor RFK.

But on to fashion, the yellow dress is really pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving her Tribeca hotel and heading to dinner - October 22, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Preppie)

Leaving her hotel in New York City - October 22, 2012

Target Red Deluxe Edition CD Release Launch Party in New York City - October 22, 2012

2012-10-23 - Performs at Good Morning America in NYC

[FONT=&quot] celebrity-paradise (posted by The Elder)[/FONT]

2012-10-23 - Appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman

[FONT=&quot] celebrity-paradise (posted by The Elder)[/FONT]

I don't know if it's that her songwriting isn't maturing or if I'm just tired of her, but some of the songs from Red don't seem to be up to her usual par. I mean, she rarely writes anything of any great complexity or depth that moves you on a deeper level: Fifteen would be the exception. And Ronan. But I like to listen to her songs simply because they're catchy and fun. The only songs I've liked of her new album so far are "Everything has changed" and "Begin Again." Everything else is just...no. Plus, the song that she wrote for her boyfriend's grandparents is seriously :sick: territory. Poor RFK.

But on to fashion, the yellow dress is really pretty.

Is that one suppose to be Starlight? I find its a rather annoying ditty, especially the line about being a duchess and prince. :rolleyes: But it's certainly not the first time that the Kennedy's have had songs written about them. And I agree for the most part with you, I like Everything Has Changed, 22, and Begin Again the best but otherwise this album sounds too repetitive of her earlier work. But overall it's a decent effort and I'm sure it's selling well. Also, if I could lift anything from her wardrobe it would be her collection of jackets, they are all really gorgeous, and I'm a tiny bit envious. That red jacket is so pretty, I love the buckle detail.

^^^I like you. I like you a lot. :crush: I literally just purchased 22, Begin Again, and Everything Has Changed. Sad Beautiful Tragic is also pretty good...albeit melodramatic considering it's doubtlessly about Jake G. :rolleyes: Me and my friend had this discussion earlier today. It would be all good if she would stay away from the lovey dovey songs. For all her relationships, has she gained anything from them other than the fact that it feels awesome to fall in love and hurts like crap when you get dumped? I get she's only 22, but not every guy you date is supposed to be the love of your life, particularly when her average relationship lifetime is like 3 - 4 mos.

Haha, I agree about the jackets and peacoats. That red coat is pretty dope. Her outfit on stage is pretty cute, too, especially the sparkly sweater. But, if I had to steal anything I think I'd steal her oxfords. She's got a pair in every color and I love them all.

As bad as the song for her boyfriend's grandparents is, "All Too Well" is equally cringe-worthy -- it's always obvious who her songs about, but this one seems really invasive to Gyllenhaal and crossing the line, bringing up each member of his family and personal moments with them :ninja:

She's gone from country-pop to straight up pop, which makes me sad, but I still like the album overall. I agree with both of you, "Everything Has Changed" is a gem. I also really like "I Almost Do".

Ugh, yes. All Too Well is pretty tasteless. It is definitely intrusive. Plus there's a line where she's like you kept my scarf because it reminds you of innocence. Um...okay. That's not weird. But supposedly a lot of the album is about Jake G. I don't know what dude was thinking. At this point, though, I don't feel bad for anybody who dates this girl. It's clear she's going to milk this gimmick for as long as humanly possible.

Personally, I wish she wouldn't be so obvious about who her songs are about because it sorta ruins it if you know that a really pretty sounding song is about like, John Mayer. And I know Taylor isn't the only person who sings about love and heartbreak but I actually find that her best songs are the ones which aren't about those subjects (like Long Live, Ronan, Safe & Sound). So maybe she should take a break from writing/singing about love? At the same time, maybe it's part of her DNA? Taylor is after all a smart musician and businesswomen, and perhaps she's just giving the people what they want.

For all her relationships, has she gained anything from them other than the fact that it feels awesome to fall in love and hurts like crap when you get dumped? I get she's only 22, but not every guy you date is supposed to be the love of your life, particularly when her average relationship lifetime is like 3 - 4 mos.
I think this is her most mature album in that she takes responsibility for her own faults more often. All Too Well and Holy Ground are my favorites. This review sums it up for me; some really lazy, poor songs but also some career-best stuff.
I mean, she rarely writes anything of any great complexity or depth that moves you on a deeper level: Fifteen would be the exception. And Ronan.
I hated Ronan and thought she was way out of her depth. Not as bad as some other, similar songs but it was still pretty mawkish. Lots of her songs move me though.

Funny that she could work with almost anyone in the world and choses eternal wet blankets Ed Sheeran and the dude from Snow Patrol.

I don't know. I guess I just think it's strange given all the relationships she's had--I'm not saying it's been A LOT--but still, she's been in four or five relationships by now, right? At least two of those with guys who were a good deal older than her and could presumably offer her some deeper insight. But still we're hearing songs about how sad it is to break up with this guy you really thought was THE ONE and how she knew a guy was trouble, but just couldn't resist. Not that these subjects make for bad songs, it just seems more glaring considering that she has filled up at least two albums before with the same kind of stuff. The same oversimplistic lyrics and feelings. It's probably unfair to compare her to someone like Florence Welch who also sings a lot about love/relationships, too, but also opts for subtlety every once and in a while, who can be symbolic and can speak deeply about how some relationships are toxic, and also happily--rather than mournfully--about the loss of a relationship but the discovery of yourself. That's what I mean. I have yet to see anything new or broader from her, I guess, is what I'm saying. Sorry for the rambling. :flower:

I wasn't crazy about "Ronan" either, I realize it was for a good cause and think highly of her for it, but it's not something I have listened to more than once, nor care to. Her best song with a non-love theme for me is "Mean", most of the others I consider awful.

I think writing about her very public relationships is her edge to boost sales and make a personal connection with her audience -- the clues in the album booklet is genius, do kids even glance at album booklets any more besides hers? I doubt it.

I admire her not being too veiled, she gets a lot of crap for doing so... which I don't really understand, she's 22 and dates a normal amount of people for her age, and she writes about love only slightly more than most singers when you get right down to it. "All Too Well" is the only time I thought she maybe slightly crossed the sanity line :lol: Did you notice, she didn't even put the extremely personal lyrics in the booklet, just skipped right over that song.

I agree with DiamondSea, a few absolute flops on there, but also some great stuff. I really like "Holy Ground" as well. She's taking risks, lyrically and rhythmically, and I have a feeling her next album with be even better.

I don't like "I knew you were trouble". It's horrible. And what they were thinking releasing it as a promotional single? During the chorus I was wondering how can this song really be by Taylor Swift. :ninja:

"Red" is not that good either.

I really like "State of grace", "Begin Again" and "The Lucky One" and I'm shamed to admit that I like "22" :blush:

In overall, I don't think this album is as good as "Speak Now".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->