Terry Richardson banned from working with Conde Nast

Banning Terry Richardson is just a cheap publicity move. He's an easy target, because everyone knows about the sleazy allegations against him. The entire fashion industry is full of sleazebags and is rotten to the core. If they were serious about protecting models from abuse, there are so many others that should be banned right along with Uncle Terry.

So transparent.

All the allegations never bothered them for nearly a decade. But once a titan of Hollywood is stripped off all his status because of the same allegations as Terry’s, they decide to hastily discard him to save their own ***es.

I put them on the same level as Terry.

Banning Terry Richardson is just a cheap publicity move. He's an easy target, because everyone knows about the sleazy allegations against him. The entire fashion industry is full of sleazebags and is rotten to the core. If they were serious about protecting models from abuse, there are so many others that should be banned right along with Uncle Terry.

True, there are many many more. I'm glad he has finally been shown the door though. Especially because it was so out in the open.

And yes, the industry is rotten to its core, but that's not just because of the people. It attracts a certain kind of people as well because of its very nature and of society at large.

So transparent.

All the allegations never bothered them for nearly a decade. But once a titan of Hollywood is stripped off all his status because of the same allegations as TerryÂ’s, they decide to hastily discard him to save their own ***es.

I put them on the same level as Terry.

Exactly. No one's banning Terry because he's a sexual abuser, they're banning Tery because he got caught - and that's an important (and unfortunate) distinction to make.

Still happy this happened, though. At least there's one less person to be afraid of at CN.

Obviously Terry's a scapegoat. Just trying to appease the media frenzy. But SMH @ Valentino pretending they care. Literally everyone knew about Terry for YEARS and they're trying to act as if his allegations happened since June? Like come on!

Quote from Edie Campbell
@ All the journalists commenting on sexual harassment within the fashion industry. I would encourage you to comment on the bigger picture. Real change won't be enacted by banning one photographer from Conde Nast magazines.

This isn't about one single photographer. This is about a problem that is wider spread.

If your aim is to help effect real change, then look at the ways that can be done. Otherwise you're taking the focus off the bigger picture to put the spotlight on one man.

To clarify: this is not to say that direct action against certain individuals is not the right course of action. It may be well be *a part* of the solution.

But the solution goes much further than that: agents, art directors, stylists, magazines and publishers all have a part to play and the media should also be focusing on the more complex wider picture.
cr: Edie's IG

Meanwhile, Richardson posted this on his insta:

Such a class act. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
If TR is the scapegoat is because victims named him. I don´t think it matters that this is happening now because of Weinstein or that it´s a stunt, only matters that it is happening. Maybe more victims within the industry will have the courage and support now to name the predators so further action can be taken, if they see that their voice is heard.

they're banning Tery because he got caught
cause it’s the new black lol. Fashion’s full of s*t..

A ‘fallen world’... let the countdown begin till the alt-right-minded fashionistos express annoyance at how ‘PC and boring!’ the world, but especially the oh so decadent and unapologetic world of fashion, is becoming because a tiny fraction feels mildly encouraged to expose some of the trash.

Is Terry Richardson the only photographer with these type of allegations? There's gotta be more people out there in the fashion industry who sexually harassed young models.

Is Terry Richardson the only photographer with these type of allegations? There's gotta be more people out there in the fashion industry who sexually harassed young models.

He’s the only one who has been named, if I remember correctly. There are lots of blinds about men groping the models, etc but no names...

For those who wonder why it took them that long to react...
Remember that those are allegations. Nobody ever took legal actions against Terry so the brands and magazines didn't have to stop collaborating with someone based on allegations.

The Weinstein story and others stories documented contains a lot of case were legal actions were shut down.

Of course, this is only a PR thing from Conde Nast. Terry is controversial and the nature of his pictures, in this climate can raise questions on his actions. This thing is only a reaction to the Weinstein story.
One thing is sure, he will continue to work...Until someone decide to take legal actions against him.

I remember a few years ago, whether I read it or I watched some interviews, where male models said they were often groped by stylists who "accidentally" grabbed them in their regions or just straight up went to town rubbing all over their bodies in the name of work.

Yeah, first of all, I have to agree that this happened WAY too late. Only AFTER the Harvey Weinstein story and the MyJobDoesNotIncludeAbuse and MeToo stories, Conde Nast and Valentino decides to get rid of Terry? And of course, harassment at set doesn't stop at Terry either, but he's the one in the limelight 1) because his photos are also sexually explicit 2) there is strength in numbers, and many, many people have already publicly spoken out against him 3) these publications have known for years and years and have continued to work with him. No, not just Conde Nast, but countless others who are remaining silent.

Conde Nast and Valentino have both worked with Terry in 2017. This year. These allegations first broke out in 2014 (edit: 2010). This boycott is only so they don't get caught. And Terry will obviously still somehow find work, as long as his roster of A-listers who get their cut of $$$ and PR stay silent and continue to support him.

In other news, I wonder if Carine will stop working with him for CR Fashion Book... and no, I obviously don't justify his actions in any way, shape, or form, but let's be real, he has enough clients on his roster to continue actively working.

EDIT: Oops! Guess "2014" was a stretch: https://jezebel.com/5495699/exclusi...with-allegations-against-fashion-photographer

If TR is the scapegoat is because victims named him. I don´t think it matters that this is happening now because of Weinstein or that it´s a stunt, only matters that it is happening. Maybe more victims within the industry will have the courage and support now to name the predators so further action can be taken, if they see that their voice is heard.

Thanks Koko! I understand everyone's point that CN seems only to be covering their own arses with this clause, but it still speaks volume and should be applauded for what it is.

Thanks Koko! I understand everyone's point that CN seems only to be covering their own arses with this clause, but it still speaks volume and should be applauded for what it is.

Honestly, no. Yes it is a good thing that it is happening now. But the people that came forward with stories about his abuse and the abuse of his entourage, and were met with deafening non-action, even worse, with MORE jobs for him... I can't imagine what that must feel like. Like hey! we don't give two rat's ***es what he did to you, we will still give him work! You don't matter. YOU are the problem, not him.

With so many top models on Instagram sharing Cameron Russell's posts of women being abused in the fashion industry it will be interesting to see if any of these models who have regularly worked with TR or have professional friendships with him actually come out and say anything about the matter.

Richardson is such an easy target, it's absolutely ridiculous that someone that has been accused of misconduct for years and years, is now being used as the sacrificial lamb for
a change of attitude in the fashion world. The soul searching was not very deep was it? We live in a world where man can beat a woman black and blue and still have a very public and successful artistic career, it's not surprising that all sorts of rotten people are convinced that in the end any sort of misconducted and criminal behaviour is worth it.

I've heard rumours about Bruce Weber from models and artists that have worked with him in the past. Guys saying that they "did what they had to do to get work with Abercombie", stories of him getting the male models drunk for shoots, him straight up touching and undressing guys on set.

I've heard rumours about Bruce Weber from models and artists that have worked with him in the past. Guys saying that they "did what they had to do to get work with Abercombie", stories of him getting the male models drunk for shoots, him straight up touching and undressing guys on set.

He was the first photographer to come to mind! I always found it odd that a photographer who is so much older than his models and so out-of-shape was responsible for such a cultural phenomenon such as the Abercrombie body and hot white kid preppy aesthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->