The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

It has been ages since I visited this thread! Seems like a lot of you are busy as well these days. I think my last proper post was in october...

Congrats on getting the Balenciaga bag you wanted Floodette! I think my Bal bag turns 10 this year. 4 years with its original owner, and 6+ with me :smile:

I did not end up getting the HM premium turltenecks. The fit was horrendous.

Since then I have bought:
2018:
* Christmas party outfit: LK Benneth suede pumps, sequin midi dress, velvet clutch.
* 2 x Filippa-k cropped trousers: one in navy, one in black. In total I now have 3.
* .... A Lavender cashmere crewneck. "Thrifted" off ebay. I have lived in it when not working.
2019:
* 2 x rust brown cashmere crewnecks. "Thrifted" off ebay. still waiting for these to arrive.
* 2 x oatmeal/beige cashmere crewnecks. "Thrifted" off ebay.. Still waiting for these to arrive.
* Isabel Marant Ivan coat - just like the one I ruined last year.
* Selected Femme navy silk shirt
* Navy suit for work.

Happy with all of them (of the ones I have recieved) :smile:

On my SS wishlist:
* Uniqlo linen shirts in blue, natural and beige.
* Khaite jeans
* Chanel ballerinas in black (second hand)

2rp5po6.png

uniqlo, vincci.no, meghansmirror

Has anyone had any experience with Khaite denim?

I am still waiting for the Porsellis I ordered in october, but the customer service is so horrible I am not bothering asking how they are doing.

@eizhowa that christmas party outfit sounds gorgeous.

When was the porsellis supposed to arrive? Sounds rather crazy.

The uniqlo shirts looks really good (I loathe ironing and the feeling of crisp cotton shirts). Checking those out at the CPH Uniqlo next time I'm nearby. Jeans looks rather perfect too.

I hit the jackpot when thrifting with my boyfriend this weekend. We were actually looking for a lamp when I spotted a Stine Goya dress from a previous season, which I had been scouring second hand websites for. It cost me less than a new H&M dress.

stine-goya-barbara-image-p.gif

pic via stinegoya.com

View attachment 1103409

Last edited:
@eizhowa never knew vincci has presence there. i thought it is more asian brand! i learn something new everyday!

In Norway, Vincci is a store that sells luxury brands like Dior and other brands that does not have their own stores in our market. I am not sure if Vincci is international, or if many store brands have the same names.

@eizhowa that christmas party outfit sounds gorgeous.

When was the porsellis supposed to arrive? Sounds rather crazy.

The uniqlo shirts looks really good (I loathe ironing and the feeling of crisp cotton shirts). Checking those out at the CPH Uniqlo next time I'm nearby. Jeans looks rather perfect too.

I hit the jackpot when thrifting with my boyfriend this weekend. We were actually looking for a lamp when I spotted a Stine Goya dress from a previous season, which I had been scouring second hand websites for. It cost me less than a new H&M dress.

stine-goya-barbara-image-p.gif

pic via stinegoya.com

View attachment 1103409

Great dress! Do you live in exclusively dresses now? :wink:

The porsellis should arrive may/june. After I ordered them they mentioned june/july... Zero updates from Porselli since the order was placed.

I find that the Uniqlo linen shirts are great, as long as I remember to dry them on a hanger. I. do. not. iron. :lol: I already have one shirt that I bought last summer.

Great dress! Do you live in exclusively dresses now? :wink:

The porsellis should arrive may/june. After I ordered them they mentioned june/july... Zero updates from Porselli since the order was placed.

I find that the Uniqlo linen shirts are great, as long as I remember to dry them on a hanger. I. do. not. iron. :lol: I already have one shirt that I bought last summer.

Does leggings count as pants? Thesis writing, you know jokes aside, I have one pair of pants, lightwash levis. I wore them last on moving day almost 2 months ago. I will wear a skirt occasionally tho.

Porsellis must be good since they can stay in business despite that kind of customer"service".

Sounds good re the shirt. I really dislike ironing as well.

So Ebays Global Shipping Programme has lost two of my items in a row now. How is that even possible. I has five items on the way. Can't wait for them to lose the next three as well...

So Ebays Global Shipping Programme has lost two of my items in a row now. How is that even possible. I has five items on the way. Can't wait for them to lose the next three as well...

:blink:

I hope you at least have gotten a refund?

I almost bought a Ganni sweater from ebay earlier this week - hearing about your recent experience, I'm glad I didn't.

:blink:

I hope you at least have gotten a refund?

I almost bought a Ganni sweater from ebay earlier this week - hearing about your recent experience, I'm glad I didn't.

I opened a case on the Isabel Marant blazer that went missing. Ebay gave me a full refund of both the cost and all the pre-paid duty/taxes.

....And then the post office sends me a hand written text and informs me that they have recieved a package. Turned out to be the blazer!

So my luck just turned upside down.

The other package I will most likely get a refund for (seeing as GSP was at fault), and I can just re-order it. It was returned to the original sender.

I opened a case on the Isabel Marant blazer that went missing. Ebay gave me a full refund of both the cost and all the pre-paid duty/taxes.

....And then the post office sends me a hand written text and informs me that they have recieved a package. Turned out to be the blazer!

So my luck just turned upside down.

The other package I will most likely get a refund for (seeing as GSP was at fault), and I can just re-order it. It was returned to the original sender.

Sounds like a happy ending, especially since I suppose the IM blazer would have been hard to replace :flower:

IM blazer looks great, just needs to be taken in in the shoulders :smile:

Two of the sweaters have arrived - one camel colored and one a cool oatmeal colored. Both are really soft. The camel one is a tad too big, but will look good tucked into jeans/trousers. It is very flattering over the shoulders and bust.

Sounds like lots of online shopping drama going on here :wink:

I have been very focused on my vacation, which is two weeks away, and haven't bought anything in quite awhile ... but last night I wandered into Yoox and saw that this sweater in my dream box was 35% off ... such a deal! (Luxe for Less is still on for 2 days if you want to check it out :wink:) So I ordered it ... I believe the edging is just like my scarf.

yoox

Brunello coral.jpg

Sounds like lots of online shopping drama going on here :wink:

I have been very focused on my vacation, which is two weeks away, and haven't bought anything in quite awhile ... but last night I wandered into Yoox and saw that this sweater in my dream box was 35% off ... such a deal! (Luxe for Less is still on for 2 days if you want to check it out :wink:) So I ordered it ... I believe the edging is just like my scarf.

yoox

Nice colour :wink: sounds lovely with your vacation, where are you going?

I have been able to cross a few items of my wishlist recently;

- Sandals (I had to return the pair I bought last year - hope these will go the distance).
- A Stine Goya dress from the AW16 season (I believe), that I finally found 2nd hand.
- Brown polka dot skirt. Been wanting something in that colour combo since last year.

Pics via boozt.com and mango.com

stine goya fantastique.jpg apair.png mangoskirt.PNG

Thank you--and I notice it pretty much matches the background color of your dress :wink:

I remember my mother had a brown and ivory polka dot wrap (probably faux wrap) dress that I liked ... early exposure to polka dots :smile:

I am going to North Carolina ... Asheville, Biltmore, and Oconaluftee Indian Village, which is like the Cherokee Williamsburg. Everything is ca 1760s. I'm also going to visit the artisan who made my dough bowl (I think I posted a picture in the interiors thread), and hopefully get another one. He's one of 20 people who make them by hand--and AFAIK the best :smile:

Ordered some shoes last night even though it was the last thing I intended to do :lol: It all started when I was thinking how it would be nice while I'm on vacation to have shoes that are both Birkenstocks and blingy evening shoes all at the same time (for those restaurants that don't have dress codes outlawing such things). So I started poking around to see what's out there, and I ended up ordering these (40% off) ... I seem to recall commenting these marcasite buckles were the best of the grunge redux collection :wink:

If these work, they'll be #2 for Fall.

marcjacobs

Marc Jacobs Birkenstocks.jpg

PS Received the sweater & it's a keeper. Love the color--a bit different than anything else I have.

The good news is, my shoes arrived in time for my vacation, and I like them. The bad news is, they're way too big and I have to send them back. I even called and talked to them (customer service) about the size ... a key piece of missing info is, this style is not actually a Birkenstock collab, a different style is ... so that's why my usual size doesn't fit.

I also found out after ordering these that these were also made in a silver suede (but this isn't on sale). Not sure if I would prefer that ... but I do like how this color matches--or blends with--the cork. (Rick Owens does the sides in black leather to match the upper for some of his styles.)

So ... returns to do when I get back.

They came in a super cute plaid shoe bag ... special one for the grunge collection :smile:

Ordered some shoes last night even though it was the last thing I intended to do :lol: It all started when I was thinking how it would be nice while I'm on vacation to have shoes that are both Birkenstocks and blingy evening shoes all at the same time (for those restaurants that don't have dress codes outlawing such things). So I started poking around to see what's out there, and I ended up ordering these (40% off) ... I seem to recall commenting these marcasite buckles were the best of the grunge redux collection :wink:

If these work, they'll be #2 for Fall.

marcjacobs

I also bought one of the MJ redux items at 40% off - bought the short pear dress.
Wanted the longer length pear dress but it's a hundred dollars more expensive.

^ Now we have our little piece of fashion history :wink:

The marcasite buckles really are beautiful ... I am bummed I cannot wear these to the Dining Room at the Biltmore :wink:

Okay, so when I was in Berlin a month ago I tried on these gorgeous organic cotton pants from COS and nearly fell in love.

app001prod.jpg
cos.com

However, I was obviously spending money on the trip and figured I didn't need one more pair of pants - the price isn't exactly something I can casually justify for pants, living in a third world country - but now I regret that decision badly because I need a good pair of light, black pants for summer and there is nothing here! Also I've been going to the gym regularly for the past five months in the hope of getting a more toned body and obviously my weight is fluctuating, so the elastic band is a great idea and will help me wear the pants for as long as they look good without worrying whether they are too tight or too loose.

Anyway, I got a coworker of mine who is currently in Copenhagen to check whether they have them in my size at the boutique - I think I tried on a size S in Berlin and they seemed to fit nicely. The pants are sold out online in both Denmark and Germany (where I have friends I can ship items to), so fingers crossed that an S can be found in the CPH store.

On another note, I bought the following two pairs from the JW Anderson x Uniqlo collection a few months ago and finally got to wear them this week. They are both extremely comfortable and I love them.
19ss_bottoms_419635_67_329n042b_a1_s.jpg 19ss_bottoms_419635_69_329n042a_a1_s.jpg
fashionista.com

Now I'm a little sad that I didn't get the same ones in beige because they also looked great and that would've been a nice addition to my closet in terms of color.

One last pant purchase I made late this spring were these light cotton striped pyjama pants from COS (in gray) that I can totally pull off as part of a work outfit due to the super casual nature of my job. :lol:

cos-Blue-Pinstriped-Pyjama-Trousers.jpeg
cos.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->