The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

Just stopped by to share that while I was in San Francisco I found a great polka dot blouse! My friend wanted to go shoe shopping, and on the way we passed the Zimmermann boutique, and its windows called to me. I ended up buying this blouse, and looking back at my Pinterest, it seems I haven't bought anything polka dot (except for a nightgown) in quite some time! I will wear it untied. I'm excited to find a (new to me) label that fits me well. Unfortunately no boutique here ...

Planning to wear this with my ivory skirt, and will probably get some brown jeans.

Zimmermann blouse.jpg

Just stopped by to share that while I was in San Francisco I found a great polka dot blouse! My friend wanted to go shoe shopping, and on the way we passed the Zimmermann boutique, and its windows called to me. I ended up buying this blouse, and looking back at my Pinterest, it seems I haven't bought anything polka dot (except for a nightgown) in quite some time! I will wear it untied. I'm excited to find a (new to me) label that fits me well. Unfortunately no boutique here ...

Planning to wear this with my ivory skirt, and will probably get some brown jeans.

View attachment 1121855
Ugh! Love the polkadot!!!! How would it look untied? V neck?
BTW brown jeans is uch an interesting concept for me, hahahaha.

Am wearing my faux leather legging to the office today with a denim top. So comfy, but I guess I get the size too big as it is sliding hahahahaha....

Oh, got a polo dress for Friday office work. Mine is green like this but with white stripe on the collar.

lacoste.PNG

Thanks :smile: Yes, kind of a collared V and the ties look like a scarf, if that makes sense ...

The brown dot is kind of a chocolate verging on purple, so I want something that color to go with ...

Your dress looks comfortable :smile:

@fashionista-ta thanks! yep, it is very comfy. the chocolatish purplish colour sounds very interesting. what do you plan to have with that colour? might be not easy finding something in that colour. nail polish maybe?

@twistelette thanks! you actually inspire me to don smudges eyeliner and big bobby pin with that dress next time.

^ It is the color of the polka dots in my blouse, so I would like jeans or cords in a similar color, which I have seen.

It's interesting how vacations have different requirements than real life. It's always this way, but each time it surprises me :wink:

Just returned from my vacation to Maine, where it rained and got colder than the forecast. It was already about a 40 degree drop from home, and then got colder.

I intended to bring socks, which I haven't worn at home for many months, but forgot them. So that was first on my shopping list. I also bought a very light anorak, something I don't have at home because I typically throw on a sweater or just tough it out ... but walking around outside for hours on end, especially near the water, is a different proposition. I couldn't find a picture of mine, which is black, but it's identical to the one below. It was a great bargain! I went to Nordstrom Rack (after unsuccessfully looking multiple other places for some time) and found something immediately. Using a $20 Note I had, this cost me less than the four pair of socks I bought (also discounted).

The left insole in my walking shoes was worn out, something that hadn't bothered my foot at home, but I finally figured out that after walking for hours, it was really bothering me on vacation. I had this little niggle in my mind (always listen to that!!) that I should take my Birkenstocks, but I prefer to travel with just 2 pair of shoes if I can ... so I ended up buying the pair I have in a different color (mocha). Everything I bought I like and will continue to be useful. I would've preferred a more interesting shoe color (they had a charcoal suede I really liked, but not in my size), but such is life ...

Will add pix in a bit.

Am planning to count the shoes, but not the bargain anorak.

And the pix (anorak actually black). The shoes are #5 for spring.

lastcall, birkenstock

MMK anorak.jpg
Birkenstock mocha.jpg

^ I like the tie-sleeve on that anorak! really nice detail.

I also had a good vacation this summer, fashion wise -- I had sort of lost the joy in getting dressed over the last few years, especially since last winter. I didn't quite realize how much I'd missed that feeling until I found it back this summer when on holiday in Berlin. :heart:

Over the last couple of months, I've bought:
- a blacklong viscose jersey sleeveless dress with draping/folding at the neck from COS
- Officine Creative ankle boots (haven't worn them yet, it hasn't been cold enough...)
- Sleeveless oversized light taupe knit top, vintage Humanoid (can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear this!)
- Cocoon jeans & rusty dark brown cocoon trousers from Uniqlo U
- a couple of t-shirts, tanktops and pyjamas, just basic stuff but in nice colours

This morning, I ordered some things from the Yoox sale, a couple basic cardigans from Roberto Collina (one in black wool, the other in copper with some shimmer in the fabric) + some black lace up shoes from The Last Conspiracy. Fingers crossed for the black items in particular, my wardrobe has been lacking a good black cardigan and good black shoes for years now.

Hope everyone is having a good end of summer/beginning of autumn!

COS dress:
cos_twist_front_long_jersey_black_midi_dress_1562949567_4d6a9eb5_progressive.jpg

(source: cosstores.com

PS Not sure how much joy I feel in dressing, but the hours I spent shopping for the above items while on vacation definitely prove that I haven't lowered my standards :wink: I really need to like (if not totally love) each piece ... I'm unwilling to buy iffy placeholder items. I probably looked at socks in half a dozen different stores :wink: And those were just to wear to bed because my feet were cold in the middle of the night ... I wanted a natural fiber, and ended up with cotton ragg socks in oatmeal, hunter green, and pink.

In the useless trivia department, it looks like the hardware in the pic above is gold, but my anorak's hardware is silver.

Happy fall, everyone! :zorro: (pretend this is a pilgrim)

I received my October Trunk Club yesterday ... 12 items, kept one (coincidentally the least expensive item in the box) ... these are jeans I pinned, so it was basically just a lot more trouble than if I had just ordered these leopard jeans myself :wink: But I got to try these and other things before buying. I got perfect merlot coated jeans to go with my blouse, but a size too big and my size wasn't available. These are #6 for spring. On the one hand I definitely need to take a shopping break, and on the other, I have some holes to fill ... I am missing a black top I need, a white T (things I have discarded over a number of seasons past and not replaced yet), and also I would like jeans to match my new blouse. Btw, these are ankle length on me.

Good American.jpg

^ That's a great leopard!

I wasn't really looking, but an Ann Demeulemeester vest found me this afternoon :smile:
The back is quite a bit shorter than the front, giving it a line I :heart::heart::heart:
I already know this is going to live in my closet forever:blush:

Also, my Yoox package arrived -- the black cardigan and the black shoes are great, the shimmery cardigan was a nice colour but not for/on me, and it went with nothing in my closet.

Do you guys have thoughts/plans for this autumn? I'm starting to get a colour palette in my head, rosy reds, dusty pinks, dark chocolate browns and purples -- and some black, grey and navy in there as well (also because... that's the stuff I've got in my closet :smile:)

^ I feel those colors too ... kind of the colors in my new blouse, plus definitely animal prints! This is the time to stock up, they're everywhere.

Glad your black pieces from Yoox worked out :flower:

9CCCD07A-73F7-41B8-8B73-2FDFBE4824EC.jpeg 52C793AD-DB75-4AC1-945A-2CCBDC64DB8D.jpeg I’ve been tailoring my wardrobe all summer and I’m so happy fall is here! I’ve had a black trench coat on my list forever and could absolutely use one here in the PNW.

My father had one from my grandfather with a removable liner for warmth inside. I don’t think I will ever be able to find such a stylish and functional coat, but does anyone have ideas on where to find a coat like Victoria’s?

I’ve looked head to toe at VB/Burberry/Consignment/Military Surplus/Department stores, but can’t find anything I like enough to invest in. Keeping a small catch of clothes, I’d like to find one that fits just right

I’ve been tailoring my wardrobe all summer and I’m so happy fall is here! I’ve had a black trench coat on my list forever and could absolutely use one here in the PNW.

My father had one from my grandfather with a removable liner for warmth inside. I don’t think I will ever be able to find such a stylish and functional coat, but does anyone have ideas on where to find a coat like Victoria’s?

I’ve looked head to toe at VB/Burberry/Consignment/Military Surplus/Department stores, but can’t find anything I like enough to invest in. Keeping a small catch of clothes, I’d like to find one that fits just right

I know a lot of men's brands, that stocks lighter coats with removable liners, so I would look at brands that carry both men's and women's lines. E.g. norse project (my SO has a trenchcoat from there with a removable lightweight down jacket). Otherwise you could consider finding a separate lightweight down jacket (patagonia maybe) to wear under your perfect trench coat :smile:

Mine with a removable wool lining was Burberry, and it really wore like a champ. Not sure if the quality is still the same ...

You mentioned you already looked there. I noticed they are doing a classic trench with more intense coloring--that looked interesting (more tobacco than khaki). Have you also checked out other British brands, like Barbour? I think a heritage brand is perfect for this kind of buy.

Victoria's is really pretty, but can't say it looks terribly practical or warm, more decorative :smile: You might consider a more functional coat with a more beautiful scarf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->