The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

Nice dress, Betina! Really nice print -- you don't often see a print that is big like that but not at all overpowering. Was this the dress that pilled before, or a new alternative? Either way, I hope this one doesn't pill!
I've had non-knit viscose fabrics pill before as well, really annoying...
Let us know how you like the eco-tights -- I've seen them in stores here as well.

I'm also doing my end-of-year review later, there's some wintery stuff I got this year that I haven't really worn yet. Sounds like you had a pretty decent year, Ta-ta! Do you think you'll continue with Stitch Fix in the new year? It seems like you're only moderately happy with what they do for you, in terms of taking away the hassle of going out and finding the stuff you need/want when you need/want it -- the basic white shirts you wrote about for instance. They did bring you some excellent trousers, I have to say. I don't know about you, but shopping for trousers is my least favorite, so that sounds like a big plus :smile:

I've been loving all my fall/winter clothes -- I found back some amazing wide legged black cool wool trousers from Drykorn, that for some odd reason I never wore last season (which I guess is why I sort of forgot about them), and they are so great. I also forgot about a really good top from a.friend (A.F. Vandevorst's diffusion line, now defunct I think?) that I have, purple knit with a black silk panel at the front.

I'm also doing my end-of-year review later, there's some wintery stuff I got this year that I haven't really worn yet. Sounds like you had a pretty decent year, Ta-ta! Do you think you'll continue with Stitch Fix in the new year? It seems like you're only moderately happy with what they do for you, in terms of taking away the hassle of going out and finding the stuff you need/want when you need/want it -- the basic white shirts you wrote about for instance. They did bring you some excellent trousers, I have to say. I don't know about you, but shopping for trousers is my least favorite, so that sounds like a big plus :smile:

I've been loving all my fall/winter clothes -- I found back some amazing wide legged black cool wool trousers from Drykorn, that for some odd reason I never wore last season (which I guess is why I sort of forgot about them), and they are so great. I also forgot about a really good top from a.friend (A.F. Vandevorst's diffusion line, now defunct I think?) that I have, purple knit with a black silk panel at the front.

Both your forgotten items sound great :magic:

The try before you buy aspect of these services is great, and Stitch Fix's fit algorithms for jeans and pants are really great. I have limited patience for searching for that kind of thing in person, plus finding my size can be a challenge. I usually run out of patience before finding anything really good, so I can't do better on my own.

But unfortunately, since I WFH and videoconference, only when I go out does anyone see the bottom half of me, so tops are way more important in my wardrobe right now, and I haven't had good luck with tops at all. I kind of give them one chance, and if they aren't getting anywhere, I take a swing at it myself. It took three fixes to get my black coated jeans, but they were sending me exactly what I wanted, it was just the fit we were fine-tuning.

I think I will take a shot at both the white and black tops, plus a cashmere sweater (grey?) at Yoox's Black Friday sale.

Just stopped by to report that so far, the Yoox Black Friday sale (the preview one that ended yesterday) is totally bogus. The night before it started, I searched for black tops and put a number in my dream box. When the sale started, I found that they had simply slapped 30/40/50% off on some already-existing sale prices that I could've gotten before the sale started. So thus far, I have ordered nothing.

Last night I popped in to Nordstrom to eat at their restaurant on my way to somewhere else. As I was leaving with just a few minutes to spare, I stopped to look at the Everlane pop-up, there for less than a week more. I've never bought from them, but have read good things. I had just been thinking that I own no purple sweater for winter, and what did they have but ... a purple cashmere sweater. I had no time to try on or research whether it was an exclusive color, so guessed at my size, which had to be ordered, and paid. Don't know whether it will fit or not, but I think so as this appears to be a unisex item when I looked it up online later ...

nordstrom

Everlane purple.jpg

@fashionista-ta: such a nice colour. did you receive it yet?

I got myself a new favourite dress (still love my Matisse inspired shirt and have been looking for a similar print on a dress). I've already worn it a bunch of times for both lunch, a meeting, a concert etc.

Also got a pair of floral tights which will be great with solid coloured dresses. Thinking it will add something new to my Ganni sequin kimono, which have been my go-to christmas-party/new year's dress the past few years.

Pics via justfemale.dk and sneakyfox.dk

justfemalequinn.jpg sneakyfox.jpg

^ So nice to have a really successful purchase :flower: Like your patterned tights too, and I think they would be perfect with ... my new sweater :wink: Hasn't arrived yet ... not sure why so slow!

PS It got here :smile: The color is gorgeous, and the cashmere is pretty soft, especially considering the price (significantly less than I normally pay on sale). I wore it for a little while, and it was comfortable. The crew neck is nice and stretchy, making it easy to get on & off. Normally I prefer a V or scoop, but purple is somewhat hard to find I think.

The only downside is the cuffs are huge! What I did was fold the ribbed part under, and the extra thickness keeps them in place pretty well. I was also thinking that if they don't stay tucked (they did while I was wearing it briefly), I could always have the tailor tack them. So I believe it's staying ...

Betina: I'd never think of floral tights, those look really cool. They remind me a little of your Prada sunnies, for some reasong :smile:

Ta-ta: glad the sweater arrived and seems to live up to the expectations!

As for me, yesterday I pulled my big fluffy long Acne cardigan out of my closet, wore it with some old woolen Humanoid leggings, a simple t-shirt, and an old Isabel Marant belt. I got this cardigan in dark brown/aubergine last year, and last spring I found it in black at a thrift store (!!). Really cosy, I expect I'll be wearing some version of this outfit a lot in the coming months... can't wait :heart:

^ Sounds nice ... I have a couple nice belts I no longer wear, maybe you would like them?

^ I will send you some pix when I get a chance ... just got back from San Diego, still getting unpacked and organized, plus there's everything I need to do before Thanksgiving and my vacation in 2 weeks, both work and my own stuff :smile:

Just stopped by to give a Yoox update ... the cashmere sweater I had in my dream box has disappeared ... not shown as sold out, just gone. I've seen this happen before ... the item eventually popped back in. I ended up ordering one black top and one white T that were actually marked down this time ... will see how they fit. The black top has aluminum beading. Shhhhh ... these are from Roberto Cavalli and DSquared :rofl:

yoox

Roberto Cavalli black.jpg
DSquared white.jpg

Just stopped by to mention that my first order arrived and was something of a bust--dropped the box off at UPS today. I really liked both items, but neither fit well. The T just didn't fit, while the black top was less flattering than I'd like.

I was excited to see they offer exchanges now, which I think is new (or maybe there's just never been an exchange option for me before??), so I exchanged for a larger size of the black top. I love the deco beading (which is 2-tone), but the fabric has a silky texture and no structure. We'll see how it works in the larger size ... I need some drape and flow!

Anyone else shopping the sales ... Nymphaea?

I'm thinking about my wishlist for next year. (Something I likely shouldn't be doing, since I've already bought many of my 2020 pieces. I plan to take a shopping hiatus for about 3 months now, and do a little shopping in the spring.) I've noticed here in the transitional weather that I am short of 3/4 sleeve pieces that don't need layering (I have a couple cardigans)--basically I am down to just one sweater, the coral one. So I'm looking for one or two more 3/4 pieces. These are useful not just in spring and fall, but also on warm winter days. I also am thinking about another pair of Birkenstocks ...

PS twistelette, I have pix for you of the belts, but for some reason I can't attach them to a PM. If you'll send me your e-mail, I'll forward them ...

^ So nice to have a really successful purchase :flower: Like your patterned tights too, and I think they would be perfect with ... my new sweater :wink: Hasn't arrived yet ... not sure why so slow!

Thank you! And indeed - really loving the lilac colour on your sweater.

@twistelette: I did not think of that, but I can see what you mean! Maybe a combination for next summer. Your cardigan+belt combo sounds really nice (and warm!)

I haven't put much thought into my 2020 wishlist yet - at this point I don't have any obvious gaps or things that need replacing. I still haven't managed to find a pair of shoes for the very brief period between "boot weather" and "sandal weater", maybe next year? I think I am ready for ballet flats again - maybe something slightly pointy.

Instead I've spent the last months decluttering. I am starting a new job in the new year, and will be moving as well (= less closet space), so I have sold a few items that I probably wont be wearing much in the future, and donated some as well. I did however finally manage to buy a pair of basic black pants. I had pretty much given up on the idea as I hate pant-shopping, but ended up finding a pair at a local store having a clearance sale. Only pair in the store I liked, 70% off and fits like a glove. Works really well with the boots I bought earlier this fall.

Pics via zalando.dk (shown in green - difficult to see the detailing on the black)

annabelle.jpg

^ Check out your shopping karma :bounce:

I wore my rose gold Converse today ... maybe something like that would be a good transitional shoe for you. A difficult concept to wrap my mind around ... our climates are so different :wink:

^ Check out your shopping karma :bounce:

I wore my rose gold Converse today ... maybe something like that would be a good transitional shoe for you. A difficult concept to wrap my mind around ... our climates are so different :wink:

Defintely can't complain!

How are your newest purchases working out?

I actually have a pair of black hi top converse, but they are not that good for my feet, and I was thinking about something a bit more "dressy" (I can see how the rosegold would help that, though :flower: ), perhaps a ballet flat, a brogue or a pair of mules.

Well ... :mellow: I have returned all three of my Yoox purchases from last month, and said I wanted to exchange one.

Supposedly it shipped on the 16th, but I could see from the tracking that it never left, because UPS never received it. I had to contact them about the problem, which they say was a 'shipping error' and my existing order cannot be fixed because they have already 'received it as a return.' So the item is back in their inventory (having I'm sure never left the building) at more than twice the price I paid, and they have both the shirt and my money.

I called them, and they explained the refund has been issued, I just can't see it yet (including on their own system, where nothing has changed). But of course, the refund is NOT what I asked for.

To me this is utterly ridiculous. It is 100% their error and they acknowledge that. But they have to get 'higher level' approval to simply make it right, and they were too lazy to do that on their own. I had to explain that as a customer for 7 years who has placed about 20 orders, I deserve better than that. So now I have to wait 24 hours for the results of the escalation.
What I have to say is they better not screw me over :boxer:

I'm wearing the coral sweater I ordered last May as I type, and I'm really enjoying that.

I'm happy to report that it appears they are now seeing things my way and say they will match the price :wink: I reordered the black T today, and also added this white one ... will see how these work. (The white T has that overlapping detail effect in the back.)

yoox

Piazza Sempioni T.jpg

Just stopped by to mention that from my last order, I decided to keep the black top and return the white one. Also this week Yoox finally marked down this sweater to the price I was willing to pay, and I snapped it up ... this is going to be a very helpful addition, because I need a neutral pullover.

Anyone else shopping the sales?

yoox

Brunello grey.jpg

I feel like I am talking to myself :wink: Anyone else still alive and kicking here?

Proving once again the danger of 'just looking,' I found a unicorn on Yoox and ordered it this past weekend. I was looking at what I hadn't seen in Brunello Cucinelli when I found this dress. Brunello black.jpg Black is somewhat of a rarity for this line--Brunello himself is not a believer in black. The dress has (and no doubt needs) a slip lining, and I'm not certain how that will fit ... but I'll find out. This is the only dress from this line I've found in my size and wanted to try, so I figured I'd better not wait.

yoox

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"