The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #10

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 5, 2017.

1. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

PS It got here :) The color is gorgeous, and the cashmere is pretty soft, especially considering the price (significantly less than I normally pay on sale). I wore it for a little while, and it was comfortable. The crew neck is nice and stretchy, making it easy to get on & off. Normally I prefer a V or scoop, but purple is somewhat hard to find I think.

The only downside is the cuffs are huge! What I did was fold the ribbed part under, and the extra thickness keeps them in place pretty well. I was also thinking that if they don't stay tucked (they did while I was wearing it briefly), I could always have the tailor tack them. So I believe it's staying ...

2. twistelette

twistelette Member

Betina: I'd never think of floral tights, those look really cool. They remind me a little of your Prada sunnies, for some reasong :)

Ta-ta: glad the sweater arrived and seems to live up to the expectations!

As for me, yesterday I pulled my big fluffy long Acne cardigan out of my closet, wore it with some old woolen Humanoid leggings, a simple t-shirt, and an old Isabel Marant belt. I got this cardigan in dark brown/aubergine last year, and last spring I found it in black at a thrift store (!!). Really cosy, I expect I'll be wearing some version of this outfit a lot in the coming months... can't wait :heart:

3. fashionista-ta

^ Sounds nice ... I have a couple nice belts I no longer wear, maybe you would like them?

4. twistelette

twistelette Member

what a generous offer, yes please! I'll DM you.

5. fashionista-ta

^ I will send you some pix when I get a chance ... just got back from San Diego, still getting unpacked and organized, plus there's everything I need to do before Thanksgiving and my vacation in 2 weeks, both work and my own stuff :)

Just stopped by to give a Yoox update ... the cashmere sweater I had in my dream box has disappeared ... not shown as sold out, just gone. I've seen this happen before ... the item eventually popped back in. I ended up ordering one black top and one white T that were actually marked down this time ... will see how they fit. The black top has aluminum beading. Shhhhh ... these are from Roberto Cavalli and DSquared :rofl:

yoox

Roberto Cavalli black.jpg
    DSquared white.jpg

6. fashionista-ta

PS Ordered one more item pre-Black Friday during 40% off tops ...

yoox
    Brunello lead.jpg

7. fashionista-ta

Just stopped by to mention that my first order arrived and was something of a bust--dropped the box off at UPS today. I really liked both items, but neither fit well. The T just didn't fit, while the black top was less flattering than I'd like.

I was excited to see they offer exchanges now, which I think is new (or maybe there's just never been an exchange option for me before??), so I exchanged for a larger size of the black top. I love the deco beading (which is 2-tone), but the fabric has a silky texture and no structure. We'll see how it works in the larger size ... I need some drape and flow!

Anyone else shopping the sales ... Nymphaea?

I'm thinking about my wishlist for next year. (Something I likely shouldn't be doing, since I've already bought many of my 2020 pieces. I plan to take a shopping hiatus for about 3 months now, and do a little shopping in the spring.) I've noticed here in the transitional weather that I am short of 3/4 sleeve pieces that don't need layering (I have a couple cardigans)--basically I am down to just one sweater, the coral one. So I'm looking for one or two more 3/4 pieces. These are useful not just in spring and fall, but also on warm winter days. I also am thinking about another pair of Birkenstocks ...

PS twistelette, I have pix for you of the belts, but for some reason I can't attach them to a PM. If you'll send me your e-mail, I'll forward them ...