The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The email from Bruberry:

"I am happy to inform you that Burberry does offer removable wool liners for trench coats. They are offered for select current styles only. They are available for purchase through our New York and Boston Flagship stores only. Please see the below phone numbers for both stores.

New York 212-407-7100
Boston 617-236-1000

Please contact one of the Flagship stores directly and ask to be connected to the store's tailor department. Please provide the tailor with the particular coat style you are inquiring about and they can let you know availability of the liner and assist with the purchasing process."

^^You are welcome, Eva:wink:

Fashionista-ta, it might be that they offer it only in selected UK stores as well. Or perhaps just during the colder seasons? The UK and US have different customer service emails, apparently.
--

I would also be very interested in learning how to store my cashmere sweaters. Hopefully I won't need them during summer. Hopefully.

I don't really wash my cashmere much. I might do a cashmere laundry night every 4-5 weeks (I have four sweaters that I rotate). I should add that I never wear my clothes for long, usually just a couple of hours a day. Then I am back in lounge-wear:wink: Nor are my sweaters very fitted. If they were, I would probably wash them more. I know fitted cotton tees usually only last a day or two:/

My pre-2012 sweaters all had synthetic fibers in them, and those had to be washed constantly. Cashmere is more expensive, but I think it has paid me back in minutes and hours, because they require so little maintenance. (I HATE doing laundry. The drying racks crowd my apartment:doh:)

--

I bought one of the three silk shirts I was considering buying, per your suggestions. Hopefully it will fit^_^

I think the reason I wanted to get all at once was because I was grieving the loss of my winter uniform (stupid Spring) and it drove me a bit nutty. Will try to not be crazy in the future:D:P

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed.. Hopefully they will be able to add it to my existing trench coat and I won't need to buy another one because this is truly THE one for me, none of the others fitted as well.. You will love yours eizhowa ^_^

Edit: thanks for the cashmere tip ! Hopefully you will love your blouse and it will be just what you needed & hoped for as soon as you will touch it !
Posted via Mobile Device

Hello everybody! I've been gone for a while now, too many assignments and stuff to do, but I'm back! In this past months I bought my skinny dark blue high rise jeans, my brown boots, a star printed shirt and today, I made my first online buy.
I got a beige wool sweater , I hope it will fit fine, because it has only one size! I love the shape. Winter is coming here in Buenos Aires and I needed other option to my worn sweaters.
88241.jpg

source: deluxebuys.com web site

Overall I'm happy with my wardrobe now, I'm still looking for basic tees, but I'm too lazy to go shopping. The prices are ridicolous here, so I'm going to stock some items when I go to the USA on june!

Sorry about my absense. I have a really busy week but today I am home sick, so I had to kill some time :wink: Missed you guys.

@Jina:
yay about the sneakers! So nice to hear that you were able to save them. Those experiences are the BOMB!

Love that story about you and your boyfriend!

@Eva: I am so glad to hear that you are happy with your style and that you had a good talk with your fiancé. My man does not approve of my way of dressing all the time neither - too much highwaisted stuff, but he knows that I am not going to change and he must think I look good anyway. At least that is what he is telling me. I bet your man feels the same way.

I clean my wool and silk pieces as little as possible. I do not sweat so only when they are actually dirty which rarely happens and then I will take them to the dry cleaners even though it costs money and handwashing them might be better. But I am lazy and afraid of doing it wrong. If you have that possibility you can also hang them outside and air them to get that "fresh" smell or you can steam them in the bathroom when you are showering.

As for maintenance, everyone: I have a velvet dress that I thought had gotten a stain but actually the fabric has "turned" (you know, the way velvet does) so at the part of the dress I am sitting at when wearing it the fabric turns the other way than on the rest of the dress. Can you do anything about that? It does not look very nice.

Carolinab:
Love the sweater! Hope it turns out nicely.

Me: With the risk of jinxing it I would love to claim that not shopping is going very well. It feels SO good. Actually I was going to an outlet this weekend with a friend but since neither of us actually wanted to shop we decided to not go. Instead she found a seminar on sustainable fashion which also includes a swap market. Really looking forward to it.

Also I can cross of yet another piece on my nice-to-have list since I made a denim skirt from an old denim dress I found in the attic. Really love how it turned out.

Right now I feel quite happy with not shopping and I am considering might not doing it next month either. I have a lot of stuff on my list for AW - stuff that I know will be in stores like the perfect striped dress and an a-line croc printed leather skirt so I want to save my money for that and a summer holiday. Also I do not feel like I need anything and my clothing racks are still aching from the weight of all my clothes.

Only thing I have my eyes on ATM is a pair of Nike x Liberty sneakers. I love them and have quite a lot of outfits they will look nice with but I am hesistant since I think 180 dollars for a pair of sneakers is a lot. I do not find sneakers to be as good of an investments as leather shoes since they can not be mended and cleaned over and over.

Sorry for the long post, guess that is what happens when I stay away for too long :wink:

Don't apologize for the long post, Betina! I need some distraction!:D

I have some water stains (the water has made the velvet "turn", like you described) on a old velvet coat I own. I was told to take it to a dry cleaner and have it steamed out. They should be able to get it out with a hand steamer and a soft brush. I have not tried myself, as the stains are not too bad, and my dry cleaners not too cheap...

Yay about the skirt! I feel so good when I (read - my seamstress) can alter one of my existing pieces instead of just buying another one. I would imagine it makes not shopping a lot easier too:wink:

--

I received the silk shirt I ordered. The fabric and the color are really nice. My only complaint is that the sleeves end below my wrist. I am 5'5" , I shouldn't need to wear petite sizes...:( Considering I'll just wear it as casual wear and not at work etc. it isn't really a problem. I just roll them up a bit.

I just checked the measuring chart at the outnet, and they claim the sleeve is 45 cm. I measured 60 cm of the shirt. No wonder it didn't fit... Angry mail to customer service in the workings...

Sleevelength is measured from shoulder to wrist, right?

353645_in_xl.jpg

theoutnet

Don't apologize for the long post, Betina! I need some distraction!:D

I have some water stains (the water has made the velvet "turn", like you described) on a old velvet coat I own. I was told to take it to a dry cleaner and have it steamed out. They should be able to get it out with a hand steamer and a soft brush. I have not tried myself, as the stains are not too bad, and my dry cleaners not too cheap...

Yay about the skirt! I feel so good when I (read - my seamstress) can alter one of my existing pieces instead of just buying another one. I would imagine it makes not shopping a lot easier too:wink:

--

I received the silk shirt I ordered. The fabric and the color are really nice. My only complaint is that the sleeves end below my wrist. I am 5'5" , I shouldn't need to wear petite sizes...:( Considering I'll just wear it as casual wear and not at work etc. it isn't really a problem. I just roll them up a bit.

I just checked the measuring chart at the outnet, and they claim the sleeve is 45 cm. I measured 60 cm of the shirt. No wonder it didn't fit... Angry mail to customer service in the workings...

Sleevelength is measured from shoulder to wrist, right?

theoutnet

Good! I thought it might be a bit too "me, me me!" :wink:

Why did you have to show me that shirt? It is gorgeous! Love the colour. Just discovered that it is available in white as well and it is excactly that kind of shirt I have been looking for. Guess I will just tell myself that I do not want to bother having to shorten the sleeves :wink:

I always roll up my sleeves but the houndstooth shirt I bought has REALLY long sleeves. They cover my entire hand - and a bit more. I am considering having them shortened, maybe you should look into that?

I actually talked to my dry cleaner about the dress since I thought it was a stain and she confirmed that it was not and said she could not do anything. Maybe I should try and contact other dry cleaners and ask them.

Thx for the nice words about my skirt - it feels so good upcycling instead of just discarding items. And yes, it makes it so much easier not shopping - up until the moment where you show me the perfect shirt :wink:

Betina, look at it this way, your "me-me-me" posts gives the rest of us something to talk about other than ourselves:P If nobody wrote about themselves this thread would be dead.

---

I can live with the sleevelength. I just didn't anticipate it and was a bit disappointed, that's all. I would probably have rolled it up anyway so in the end it makes no difference to me.

If it makes resisting the urge to shop any easier you could also focus on the fact that the shirt is not fitted. The waist measurement is larger than the bust.

EvaH: Did the shoe-delivery situation ever get solved?

Betina, look at it this way, your "me-me-me" posts gives the rest of us something to talk about other than ourselves:P If nobody wrote about themselves this thread would be dead.

---

I can live with the sleevelength. I just didn't anticipate it and was a bit disappointed, that's all. I would probably have rolled it up anyway so in the end it makes no difference to me.

If it makes resisting the urge to shop any easier you could also focus on the fact that the shirt is not fitted. The waist measurement is larger than the bust.

EvaH: Did the shoe-delivery situation ever get solved?

Well you are perfectly right - thank you :wink:

I know the feeling - please update us on how you feel about the shirt when you have been wearing it. Are you getting it in the other colors as well?

Thx for that info - it is not for me then, I guess. Although I mainly wear my shirts tucked in my skirts it is nice to have the option not to.

Was also looking at a blouse with a detachable pussybow from the same brand but it did not look fitted as well. Anyhow, although that kind of shirt would be a good addition I feel like I can do without it ATM.

I would also like to know what happened with the shoes.

EvaH, I'm curious about what happened with the shoes as well!

Eizhowa, I like that shirt a lot - I actually like that it's not fitted. I'd measure sleeve length under the arms, from armpit to wrist, but I don't have any idea if that is usual or unusual or what shops that put measurements online usually do...

Betina, I'm with Eizhowa as far as me-me-me-ness is concerned :wink: Good to hear your non-shopping is going so well. And I dig that skirt!

eizhowa, I too am guessing they measured the sleeve from armpit to wrist. I'm glad you're happy about your shirt though :smile:

Betinapple, yay for getting an item you wanted for an old item that didn't fit!

^I think that is what they did too, but that's not the most common way to measure the sleeves. Measuring it from under the arm to the wrist is the underarm-measurement, not the sleeve-length. I have sent them an e-mail. Looking forward to hearing what they say... Their measuring guide does not explain how to measure sleeves.

@Twistelette: good! consider my apology withdrawn then. And I love, love, love that skirt as well.

@Barbaraa:
thx! It feels great.

I was somehow drawn to Eizhowas shirt but when I went to bed I decided to stay strong and when I woke up this morning it was sold out.

Does Iris & Ink sell a shirt like that on a regular basis, like Equipment?

Had another top bite the dust ... #4 so far this season. This was a cashmere blend with bell sleeves to the elbow, turquoise. Yikes ...

I miss r&n ...

From the Iris and Ink website:
Iris & Ink is a capsule collection of 35 trend-led pieces
to wear with all your extraordinary designer finds.
The collection is available exclusively
at THEOUTNET.COM

It seems the pieces vary more than equipments pieces do, as they are "trend-led". Equipment use the same shirt and just vary the prints/colors, correct?

They sell about 100 pieces on the outnet.

I think the shirt I bought is a really great shirt if you just ignore the sleeve-length.

--

The outnet did actually mention in their size guide that they measure the sleeve-length under the arm, not from shoulder to wrist. I just did not see it.

I was told by my math teacher that your height should be equal to the length of your body from finger-tip to finger-tip. According to the shirt, a UK size 10 should be 187cm tall:blink: (Assuming hands are 15 cm long)

I have added "Shorten standard sleeve-length" to my to-do list for when I take over the world.

Equipment seems to have several styles, and then varies the color/print. I don't wear their shirts, so don't know much more than that ...

That is the ideal that Michelangelo drew ... I was just reading something about where he got it, but I've already forgotten :lol: Apparently competitive swimmers who are household names (like from the Olympics) tend to have extra-long arms, longer than this ideal. Maybe your shirt is made for them :wink: Then again, maybe they're made specifically for rolling up ...

That's probably where my teacher got it from too.

The sleeves do look good when pushed up. The cuff fit nicely above the elbow, and has the right amount of stretch. I think I have more issues with the shirt not being as I expected, than with it being too long...

I think they make the sleeves super long so that they will look good on the outnet model/mannequin:innocent:

"Make models shorter" is also on my to-do list for when I take over the world. The to-do list is quite extensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->