The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added "Shorten standard sleeve-length" to my to-do list for when I take over the world.

noooo, lengthen them! sleeves are never long enough for me. you can change the height of mannequins, though. I'm cool with that :wink:

sorry to hear about another top biting the dust, ta-ta... alber elbaz, if you're reading this, would you make this lady a leopard top? thanks!

I miss R&N as well. :flower:

^obviously I was going to introduce Tall and Petite sizes as well... I am not evil. But the standards sleevelength should correspond to the average height of the consumers.

Perhaps you should take up Swimming, twistelette:wink:

^ well, I do like to make waves...

I was already pretty sure you aren't evil, but it is nice to be re-assured :wink:

It's good to know that the next person to take over the world will not be evil :wink:

And thanks, twistelette, hopefully Alber is listening :wink:

@Eizhowa: while you are at it couldn't you make sure that clothes were made for people who actually have a waist? I am quite sick of having to trying on dresses that fits perfectly at the bust is way too big in the waist and is too tight around the hips. Especially since when shopping for underwear I am bigger at the bust than around the hips.

The stock sale I was talking about is today and I had a small pinch of "I really wanna go" yesterday, but I know I made the wrong decission and I am going to a family lunch and dinner with a friend afterwards. And really, I would much rather do that :smile:

Reintroducing in-store tailors, got it!:wink: No more shirts gaping at the bust:smile:

I got two pairs of sandals yesterday. All my other shoes were too warm for summer, I realized. I spent yesterday walking around barefoot:innocent:

I was planning to get sandals closer to summer, but I want to be prepared for the next heat waveB)

Zara/dashoes.fr

Attachments

• 2378201001_1_1_1.jpg
    2378201001_1_1_1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 2
  • les-tropeziennes-narvil-noir.jpg
    les-tropeziennes-narvil-noir.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1
I haven't been buying anything new in the last few weeks. My summer wardrobe still needs some tweaking though. I'm thinking about getting an extra pair of sneakers, because one pair just isn't enough. And I also need some exta pants, I'm thinking navy and/or grey chinos.

I'm wearing a lot of solids lately and I love how clean and simple it looks/feels. Pretty much all of the solids in my closet go together so I rarely have to think if something works.

@Eizhowa: thx a bunch :wink: Nice sandals. Very classic. Should be good for as long as they will last.

Me:
I know I said I do not need any new summer clothes but I might have to buy/make a jersey dress of some sort. We had a strike of a heat wave saturday and although I figured out something to wear a simple, comfortable jersey dress would have been nice. Most of my dresses have sleeves or are crisp cotton dresses and I do not quite find them comfortable enough for the really hot temperatures.

I had the perfect jersey dress, striped and with the cutest cut. I think I took it to the attic but I can in no way find it. Will have to go looking for it again.

Nice sandals, eizhowa!

I've been really feeling the need for a jacket that's not too informal but not a blazer either. All I have is blazers and I feel too suited up as I usually wear trousers. I'll probably try to sort this during the sales.

Nice sandals, eizhowa!

I've been really feeling the need for a jacket that's not too informal but not a blazer either. All I have is blazers and I feel too suited up as I usually wear trousers. I'll probably try to sort this during the sales.

Not sure a leather jacket is your thing, but I love those. Otherwise I would go for something draped and less structured. Hope you find what you are looking for?

I found the dress I was talking about, and a bunch of other things I can use for the warmer temperatures. Wore it immediately with a nude blazer and nude ballet flats.

Also I gathered a bunch stuff that I am taking to a trade-market next month.

Yeah, unfortunately leather jackets aren't my thing :smile: I just think they are a bit too constricting, if that makes sense. Something will show up, for sure. Great that you found that dress and other clothing that will serve you for this weather without having to shop!

Yeah, unfortunately leather jackets aren't my thing :smile: I just think they are a bit too constricting, if that makes sense. Something will show up, for sure. Great that you found that dress and other clothing that will serve you for this weather without having to shop!

I do not feel that way personally, but I think I know how you feel :wink:

Of course something will show up. Maybe a bouclé jacket with good details? Something with a few up-to-date features. I guess that kind of jacket in its classic form will look a bit matronly with trousers.

And thank you, I love that dress so I was very happy finding it.

------

A couple of months ago I decided not to buy new black pumps since I did not wore the pair I already have a whole lot. Within the past months I have been wearing them quite a lot - seems easier when there is not snow on the ground and I have a car to get around. Point being: I think I need to add a pair of pumps to my list since the pair I have is worn and not very comfortable. I am not sure when to buy them since I have quite a lot of things on my AW list that I might get more use of but I have found a pair that I like so I might buy them now (well, next month, when I am done with not shopping).

They are available in both regular leather and a snake printed version and I am not quite sure which one I would want. On the one hand I find the snake printed version more interestering, and it would be a nice touch when wearing them with a regular leather skirt, jacket or bag to add some different structures, but I am not sure wether the ones in regular leather would be easier to take care of when they have had a couple of scrathes.

What would you do? Experiences very wellcome.

BTW: where IS everyone?

^I don't know where everybody is, but I know they have to come back!

Do you have a picture of the pumps anywhere? There is a special place in my heart reserved for all things with snakeskin (including prints), but depending on the shoe, a basic leather might be more practical/useful.

Barbaraa: in my experience blazers/jackets without lapels are more casual, or blazers with a print of some sort. They make the outfit look less like a suit. I wore a lot of cropped trousers last year (They are all deceased or too big now) and I wore them with a white blazer (also gone. Stains) that I had altered. I had ironed the collars to stand up (making it seem collar-less in a way), and had the sleeves shortened, and changed the button.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I don't know where everybody is, but I know they have to come back!

Do you have a picture of the pumps anywhere? There is a special place in my heart reserved for all things with snakeskin (including prints), but depending on the shoe, a basic leather might be more practical/useful.

Barbaraa: in my experience blazers/jackets without lapels are more casual, or blazers with a print of some sort. They make the outfit look less like a suit. I wore a lot of cropped trousers last year (They are all deceased or too big now) and I wore them with a white blazer (also gone. Stains) that I had altered. I had ironed the collars to stand up (making it seem collar-less in a way), and had the sleeves shortened, and changed the button.

I totally aggree!

Here's a picture of the shoes. They do not seem like the kind of snakeskin printed shoes that can not be taken care of with a little shoe polish but I am not sure wether the regular leather version would be better anyway. I just think the snakeskin printed ones would be perfect when wearing other leather items which I do quite a lot. Also it would make it less boring having to buy a basic item :wink:

Sounds really cool what you did with that blazer!

billibi.jpg

Pic via miinto.dk

I think if it was up to me I would go for the solid leather version. The print is too big around the heel and toe for my liking. Am I insulting the snakes if I call it a dinosaur print?

I like the shape of the shoe. Is the solid black the same model?

I think if it was up to me I would go for the solid leather version. The print is too big around the heel and toe for my liking. Am I insulting the snakes if I call it a dinosaur print?

I like the shape of the shoe. Is the solid black the same model?

Well I am not doubting wether I like the looks of them. I really do and I like the idea of having something with a little structure, but I am not sure how easy it will be to mend scrathes on them. Or weather I should go for something more classic, like the regular ones - which are excactly the same model as the snake print one.

Decissions decissions :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->