The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like that snake print, betina. I think texture is actually a plus when it comes to wear ... it will show up much more on a plain smooth surface I think.

Picked up my skirt from the cleaners yesterday and I was amazed ... they totally fixed it :woot: I really was surprised, I couldn't see where the damage was at all. So, very excited about that ...

I've decided to wait a bit to shop for a blouse ... I think there will probably come a time as the warm weather wears on when I will really appreciate having something new, and I already have several new items to play with right now. Need to think about a replacement wallet ... :innocent:

Thank you, eizhowa and Betina :smile: I was thinking a printed blazer but I'm afraid it'd clash with some of my printed blouses/skirts. I'm also considering a bouclé jacket. I saw a nice one in red, which I guess wouldn't look too matronly, but then again it would likely clash with some of my pieces too... but something more neutral is definitely an option.

And I like that snake print, Betina! But I definitely understand your uncertainties.

And yay for that skirt, fashionista-ta :smile:

I really like that snake print, betina. I think texture is actually a plus when it comes to wear ... it will show up much more on a plain smooth surface I think.

Picked up my skirt from the cleaners yesterday and I was amazed ... they totally fixed it :woot: I really was surprised, I couldn't see where the damage was at all. So, very excited about that ...

I've decided to wait a bit to shop for a blouse ... I think there will probably come a time as the warm weather wears on when I will really appreciate having something new, and I already have several new items to play with right now. Need to think about a replacement wallet ... :innocent:

Maybe you are right. I hope so. I really like them.

So happy to hear about your skirt! And great decission about the blouse. Then you will also have plenty of time to find the perfect one.

What are you thinking you will get wallet-wise?

Very pretty red jacket, barbaraa. Definitely a statement color ... perhaps it could be in heavy rotation this season, and then next year you could add something more neutral.

Possibly a Lanvin wallet? Not sure yet. The satin top edge to the 'evening bag' I am using now has worn through ... I'm going to see if I can get something appliqued on top to cover the wear. And then I will use it for something else that doesn't see as much heavy use. For the wallet, I need all leather ...

Very pretty shape also on the pump, betina.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: where IS everyone?

I can tell for myself (and missing everyone gone) that I was busy dealing with annoying, slow and dreadful bureaucracy regarding my thesis, so my presentation was delayed for one month. :shock:
In the meantime I was working hard for a job project so that I had time to prepare for the presentation after completing it.
To sum up - I graduated from university today! :woot:

So that I would not be off topic :P (<-- that smiley is awful, btw), I wore McQueen sandals for the first time and they are medium comfortable,
but as nervous as I was today I would have troubles walking in sneakers. :lol:
Can't believe it's over.

Betina, I love the idea of snakeskin textured shoes and agree that black pumps can be a little ... well, nothing special. Your choice can be as versatile as black are.

Barbaraaa, I was going to suggest Mango for a jacket of that kind, they have a huge selection of similar ones. Are you comfortable with neutral coloured one, like nude or beige? It would go well with black and also with printed tops.

Ta-ta, so great for the skirt! :woot: I know you know I love it. ^_^

BTW: where IS everyone?

Here I am!

Barbaraaa: are you looking for a blazer cut jacket, but less formal? or could a denim jacket be an option? I saw a blazer at Zara a while ago, a mustard yellow smooth fabric, a dropped shoulder and an overal slouchy fit, but still with some shape (just not a fitted shape, heh. I should become a pattern writer :wink:)

Betina: if you know you have quite a few leather pieces you'd like to wear with your new pumps (or that you don't have other good footwear-options for), the snakeskin pumps might have the edge over plain smooth leather... maybe take the advice Ta-Ta gave Barbaraaa about her jacket and adjust it to fit your Pumps Problem: get the snakeskin pair this year, and plan to add a more neutral pair of pumps next year/season?

Ta-Ta: yes, great idea about waiting a little with getting another top. I just got a new wallet as well (from a Dutch department store, so no good as a shopping tip for you, alas!), 100000x more practical than the one I had before, oh my. what a relief, no more digging around for coins while the people behind me in line are getting more impatient by the second :lol:
AND! hurray about your skirt!

As for me, more later! :flower:

^I just stopped carrying coins because my wallet didn't have a coin compartment.

I think Twistelettes advice to get the snakeprint this year and another black pump next year is sound. It is not like black pumps will go out of style:D

Jinadaze: Congratulation!

I can tell for myself (and missing everyone gone) that I was busy dealing with annoying, slow and dreadful bureaucracy regarding my thesis, so my presentation was delayed for one month. :shock:
In the meantime I was working hard for a job project so that I had time to prepare for the presentation after completing it.
To sum up - I graduated from university today! :woot:

So that I would not be off topic :P (<-- that smiley is awful, btw), I wore McQueen sandals for the first time and they are medium comfortable,
but as nervous as I was today I would have troubles walking in sneakers. :lol:
Can't believe it's over.

Betina, I love the idea of snakeskin textured shoes and agree that black pumps can be a little ... well, nothing special. Your choice can be as versatile as black are.

Barbaraaa, I was going to suggest Mango for a jacket of that kind, they have a huge selection of similar ones. Are you comfortable with neutral coloured one, like nude or beige? It would go well with black and also with printed tops.

Ta-ta, so great for the skirt! :woot: I know you know I love it. ^_^

Big congratulations on graduating!!! :woot: Hope you enjoyed wearing your new shoes.

Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts for my skirt ... and I know you in particular wouldn't want it abused anymore than I do :wink:

betina, those pumps remind me of Louis Vuitton (in the best way ... sometimes Marc Jacobs' shoes are absolutely fabulous!). In case you can't tell, I think you should get them :wink:

A nice feature of red is that it's pretty good about not showing ... I don't want to say dirt, but you know how you can manage to collect evidence of everyday life on your clothes :lol: A natural linen is also good in this respect.

Congratulations Jinadaze! I most definitely understand thesis stress. I presented it in December and it still haunts me to this day :wink:

Thank you for your suggestions on my jacket issue :smile: I could definitely get it in red, as red is one of my colours and after a wardrobe clean-up I am feeling the need for new reds... but I'll have to assess what I own more closely. While beige is not my colour, nude could definitely work. I'll keep an eye out for that :smile:

@Barbaraa: what about getting the jacket in white? Then it would go with your printed things, perhaps? Else I think a nude one like Jina suggest would be nice. The red one is lovely as well but I understand your concern as to wether it will go with your wardrobe.

@Ta-ta: Yes, I think they look very elegant!

I would definetely go for a leather wallet - and something black since a wallet is a kind of thing that will wear quickly since it is used constantly.

I do think I should get the pumps as well - if I am able to find them!
@Jina: congrats on graduating! Glad to hear that your McQ shoes worked out nicely.

I too think that plain black pumps is a tad boring. And you are right, I think these will be quite versatile since I mainly wear solids - and whenever I wear print I rarely wear black pumps with it.

@Twistelette: I often wear a black leather jacket or a black leather bag and combined with black leather shoes I find it being a bit too much leather :P My current pumps therefore are suede, which I will not be buying again since it is not that easy to maintain (not sure I've got the right word here, hope you understand where I am goin) as regular leather.

Getting a second pair next year is an option, but I do not think it will be neccesary. And also I have items that I will get more use of that I will want go get.

----------

Went to the hairdresser yesterday and got a new do. I find that it helps when trying not to shop, since my wardrobe will feel new without adding anything. I went short again and had some bangs added.

Went to the hairdresser yesterday and got a new do. I find that it helps when trying not to shop, since my wardrobe will feel new without adding anything. I went short again and had some bangs added.

This is so true. I did the same thing two weeks ago, funny how changing your hair can make your clothes feel like new. Plus it's cheaper than buying new clothing. :innocent:

^That really depends on your hairdresser and what kind of clothes you buy:shock:

I agree that a haircut is a bargain ... I don't get cheap haircuts, but they are cheaper than my clothes for the most part :wink: Plus it's always with you, unlike almost anything else (though some people do wear the same pieces of jewelry literally all the time).

Congratulations Jina on graduating! Glad you enjoyed wearing your MCQ :smile:
Barbara, I love the boucle jacket in red and I echo Betina on maybe getting it in white so it can work with what you already own.
Ta-ta, yeah for the skirt !! One of my favourite black dress has zipper issues so I need to find someone to change it. I might try to google a tailor here.
Betina, yay for the haircut ! I think I saw a picture in the combo thread and you look beautiful :smile: I agree that a new haircut can help a lot !
----
As for me, I took on some weight so I only have 2 pair of jeans + 1 black trouser left. I really need to loose weight now -_- Thanks god for skirts and dresses :D
All my coats got torn around the shoulders (the joy of putting weight) so I am hesitating between getting something or just keep wearing my trench to death and layering. I am starting to be scared for my existing blazers...

Sorry I haven't been around much, I am always traveling or working :(

My hairdresser charges 10-15€ (I decline hair treatments, straightening - I have super straight hair but she always tries to make me do it -, etc), but I'm always lazy about having a haircut :lol: I agree it can change a whole look and make lots of things look new, however.

^My hairdresser charges a minimum fee of 80-90 euros (and they aren't even that good imo). Thats why my hair is the mess that it is:lol: I have looked at other hairdressers in the 40-50 euro range, but at the first place I tried the receptionist did not speak norwegian or even decent english:shock: I ran away covering my hair. If someone is going to cut my hair I need to know they understand what I want... You know, that perfect mixture of Kate Moss circa 2003, Rita Hayworth in Gilda and Bardot circa 1953. Communication is important for me:innocent:

I would probably get the white boucle jacket. White can be very versatile in the summer.

EvaH:
Whatever happened to the shoes the mailman delivered to the wrong door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->