The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ta-ta: Ooooh grey wool trousers and red heels. How about grey tweed with red leather!:heart:

Betina: thank you! I'll try to get over my shyness over photos...:blush: What you say about the coat makes perfect sense. How much you love something and how often you'll end up wearing it are huge factors. In my experience, it's best to leave a wardrobe gap (wardgap?:stuart:) be if it's a small gap, and make do until I find something I really love. It's happened that I've filled in gaps in a rush--pushed by a good discount or a sudden event, only to find I've never worn it since....which makes me feel so incredibly sad for the poor items, regardless of price :(.

By the way has anyone successfully dyed cashmere? I stained my white sweater.

That sounds great :flower: what you say makes perfect sense, and I would rather live with the gap two more years ( or shorter, hopefully :wink: ) than opt for something that I am not completely satisfied with, cause in the end the items that I keep wearing are those that I am 100% pleased with.

I haven't tryed dyeing cashmere but I suppose it shouldn't be a problem since it is a natural fibre.

Today, after a huge personal victory, I decided to reward myself... so I went browsing on yoox, and decided to buy these two pieces... let's see if the quality is worth it :smile:

e206d7a3a6be04802cd5637887d006bd.jpg
ff5ab31f60bd684fb19739062757e9b4.jpg

yoox

I love huge personal victories :D The bow belt on the pants looks cute!

I've been thinking that I could use a second A-line (or maybe full ...) wool skirt. I have just one, black wool crepe, and I find myself wearing it multiple days in a row sometimes, when nothing else will do ...

PS Just stopped by to mention that today I finally got to open my boxes that arrived last week--and both items are great. The shoes are really pretty, and exactly tone with my darker purple blouse (the color was called Prune), and the green sweater fits and looks good with what I was intending to wear it with (black wool knit kind of trapeze top). The color is much deeper than in the pic, which makes more sense--I thought that was a very pale color for Lanvin! It's a deep mid-range green with a bit of blue--very saturated and pretty. And I wish you were all here to feel the beautiful quality of the fine wool knit! Not cashmere but so soft and comfortable.

PPS One caveat re Yoox :wink: They do have a whole range of stuff, some of which is good quality & some not. I have returned some things that were brands I didn't know, where the quality was shockingly bad. I've also tried unknown brands (like the Alberto Biani denim trousers) that turned out to be very good quality. The original price is definitely an indicator. The very best, most fool-proof thing is a known-quality designer at a deep discount :wink: I have definitely gotten deeply discounted Lanvin, and also Armani at about half price. All of that stuff turned out well. Unknown brands on there at lower original prices are definitely more a roll of the dice. If you're going to do that, I would definitely zoom in on all the details, and don't order what doesn't look perfect.

Barbaraa...CONGRATS!!!! I agree, I love huge personal victories too.
That is super-exciting!! :woot: You so deserve the shopping spree. And the items look like you'll get a lot of wear out of them.

Tata congrats on your Lanvin success! The "Prune" colour is a dream...:heart:
I agree, if one wanted to, one can live practically every day and every occasion with a single flared wool skirt.

Barbaraa...CONGRATS!!!! I agree, I love huge personal victories too.
That is super-exciting!! :woot: You so deserve the shopping spree. And the items look like you'll get a lot of wear out of them.

Tata congrats on your Lanvin success! The "Prune" colour is a dream...:heart:
I agree, if one wanted to, one can live practically every day and every occasion with a single flared wool skirt.

The black skirt I have has been a trouper ... I acquired it pre-tFS, and it's still going strong. No telling how many wears ... Dana Buchman.

Lately I've been considering skirt purchases very carefully, because they aren't part of my regular work uniform anymore. There are a lot of Lanvin skirts out there, including at a discount, but I already own the perfect pencil skirt. I was thinking, though, that an alternative A-line black or otherwise dark skirt would be something I would wear ...

Mmmmm prune :wub:

Dark skirts are so incredibly versatile!

Yes, some brands on yoox I do know and are not that good... the skirt is Love Moschino though, it was heavily discounted! The trousers are from an unknown brand. We'll see how that goes - I'll definitely report back :smile:

^ Sounds good ... I don't own any Moschino, but what I've seen in stores has looked good. Looking forward to your report :smile:

neimanmarcus

Pre-ordered these ... they're supposed to ship in February.

Also picked up my rings from being sized ... wearing two of them today. Some I haven't worn in so long it's like having something new! They also cleaned everything beautifully, which has me looking askance at everything else ...

Attachments

• Lanvin ballet.jpg
    Lanvin ballet.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
Congrats on those, they couldn't be more you. ^_^

I received my wedding shoes last Friday and absolutely love them! :wub: Very pretty and so SO comfy! I am not used to wearing heels lower than 4 inches (those are 3.5 - 9 cm) and with this type of a heel it almost feels like wearing slippers. I am positive I won't need a second pair for the night. They don't add more than 2 inches of height though, but I don't need it and was just going for a nicer silhouette than I would get with wearing flats.
No dress yet and it has been almost a month. I was told they are currently experiencing some delays due to a high demand of custom orders. Not sure if it is because of holidays approaching or they really should expand their production. It is a bit annoying in any case, especially since I should get it in 4 weeks max and it is not even finished yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thank you both :heart:

That is so great about your wedding shoes!! Do you have them pinned?

The wedding is next summer, is that right? (Btw, my double wedding invitation has not arrived ... :lol: :rofl:)

:lol: It is in June, indeed. I hope I will be able to design and send the invitations more than a couple of months in advance, since we will only know the exact time of the ceremony then (4 or 5 PM are the options). So this is my "excuse", let's wait what Betina says. :rofl:

I went for these shoes, which were my first choice and the last pair available in my size. ^_^ And was actually just informed that the dress will be finished and despatched tomorrow, so excited!:buzz:
newlook

Attachments

• New Look.jpeg
    New Look.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3
:lol: It is in June, indeed. I hope I will be able to design and send the invitations more than a couple of months in advance, since we will only know the exact time of the ceremony then (4 or 5 PM are the options). So this is my "excuse", let's wait what Betina says. :rofl:

I went for these shoes, which were my first choice and the last pair available in my size. ^_^ And was actually just informed that the dress will be finished and despatched tomorrow, so excited!:buzz:
newlook

Yay, glad it's on its way!

I have a theory the invitation is hung up in the same place as my individual EU membership :wink:

The shoes will be very practical in your real-life wardrobe, I'm sure. I have seen people wear blinding white wedding pumps as part of their regular wardrobe, and ... while it can be done, I suspect black will work much better! I like block heels a lot.

^The big question is, which country will you choose? So many choices :wink:

I don't have much news on the wardrobe front, everything is going steady. Besides jeans there is nothing I really need, and I don't even feel like buying a new pair. Maybe when it gets colder..

Also waiting for the wedding invitation! :mrgreen:

The trousers and skirt have arrived, and both are lovely! The skirt is so soft and fits perfectly. I've been wearing the trousers for the past two days. I'm extremely happy with my purchase :smile:

^ Yay! I'm so glad! We must have some good online shopping karma going here ... my last few purchases have worked out well too.

I didn't realize I would need to choose a country :wink: It is a difficult choice! My people are all from the British Isles apparently, so there's that ... but Paris is the fashion capital of the world, Denmark is very cool ... I grew up in a Dutch enclave, so there's that ... I may have to toss a coin!

We have our dream location booked and paid in full for 2 months already, so you will all need to come to our beautiful small county. :Pink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->