The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^yeah, it can be done by a derm or with the dermaroller. i am too scared to just try it

^yeah, it can be done by a derm or with the dermaroller. i am too scared to just try it

^I heard needling works great not only for getting rid of scars (the ones that leave dents on the face, not hyper-pigmentation), but also helping produce collagen on your skin (makes it look younger). I'll probably try it some time in the future when they do more studies on it.

I think you should just try and get microdermabrasion if your acne scars are just hyper-pigmentation, since it's very trustworthy.

i guess that it will hurt :shock:
but i think it depends on the needle length you choose. i am not only scared of the pain, but also that it mght leave other scars.
still have to do some research.

Argh... it's so frustrating right now :doh: Usually I've never had any big problems with my skin. And it's not that I have a really bad acne now, but still my skin is so annoying these days.
  • I drink about 3l of water/day.
  • Don't eat any sweets (just don't like them).
  • Have zinc and vitamin c and bio-h-tin every day (which was also recommended to me for good skin) and never eat too fat or greasy things.
  • I clean my face every morning and in the evening, use a toner and a good moisturizer with SPF. I don't even use make-up so that it doesn't get worse.
But still: I have these awful little cysts on the sides of my cheeks (not very noticeable but I just hate them. And it's even more annoying because you can squeeze pimples -yes I know you shouldn't do this but it usually works for me- but cysts are simply "immortal". They get even worse if you touch them.)
I also use a peeling once a week - just as my dermatologist adviced me to... No idea why my skin still is that "bad" at the moment.

Sides of your face? Ummm, try not sleeping on the sides of your face at night, it usually helps somewhat.

:smile:

Haha, yeah funny you mention that because I actually torture myself every night with trying to lie on my back because of this... And yes, I also try to get enough sleep every night (about 7 hours) as I know that my skin is pretty sensitive when it comes to sleep deprivation.

Haha, yeah funny you mention that because I actually torture myself every night with trying to lie on my back because of this... And yes, I also try to get enough sleep every night (about 7 hours) as I know that my skin is pretty sensitive when it comes to sleep deprivation.

I think me and you are the same. I've tried everything to try and get rid of my acne, but usually nothing works because my skin is very sensitive and the smallest change caused major acne flare ups.

Although now I've stopped using acne products completely and only washing my face with a cleanser once a day (usually at night) and I have yet to breakout for 2 weeks and my skin isn't as red and sensitive. However, I never had severe acne to begin with.

Maybe it's hormones? When I figured I couldn't do anything about my genes, I kinda just let it go and let nature take its course.

Yeah nijuyanah it sounds like your problem might be hormone-related. I would go to a dermatologist; cysts are almost always due to hormones.

the acne I'm suffering from actually sounds a lot like yours. I also try to sleep on my back, but I really can't. I'd just stay awake all night if I try that. and I've always slept on the sides, so I don't understand why I have acne right now.
I went to a dermatologist, she gave me some lotions I've been using for 2 weeks now. I don't see any change yet and I need to go back to see her around february, if it's still not better she said she'd put me on roaccutane

^^I always sleep on a small towel (actually it's a washcloth from The Body Shop), which I spray with disinfectant right before I go to bed. To be honest I disinfect all my pillows and cushion, I think I'm obsessed.:ninja: But I just can't get rid of the feeling that bacteria are everywhere and I'll wake up with bumps all over my face if I don't do that.

^^I always sleep on a small towel (actually it's a washcloth from The Body Shop), which I spray with disinfectant right before I go to bed. To be honest I disinfect all my pillows and cushion, I think I'm obsessed.:ninja: But I just can't get rid of the feeling that bacteria are everywhere and I'll wake up with bumps all over my face if I don't do that.

You know, my dermatologist told me that I should change my pillow cases and cushions daily or every other day!:shock: I was so shocked that I yelled, "so I'm paying you thousands of dollars to tell me to change my beddings? give me some medication!" It did help though; changing my beddings every few days.

^^I kept doing that as well, but then I found out the towell idea. I think it's just fine, at least you don't have to change the whole bed linen every day and it works too.:woot:
Disinfectant is my best friend, right after the wood cleaner.:lol:

Argh... it's so frustrating right now :doh: Usually I've never had any big problems with my skin. And it's not that I have a really bad acne now, but still my skin is so annoying these days.
  • I drink about 3l of water/day.
  • Don't eat any sweets (just don't like them).
  • Have zinc and vitamin c and bio-h-tin every day (which was also recommended to me for good skin) and never eat too fat or greasy things.
  • I clean my face every morning and in the evening, use a toner and a good moisturizer with SPF. I don't even use make-up so that it doesn't get worse.
But still: I have these awful little cysts on the sides of my cheeks (not very noticeable but I just hate them. And it's even more annoying because you can squeeze pimples -yes I know you shouldn't do this but it usually works for me- but cysts are simply "immortal". They get even worse if you touch them.)
I also use a peeling once a week - just as my dermatologist adviced me to... No idea why my skin still is that "bad" at the moment.

Main explanation would be hormones... But have you incorporated any new products into your skincare routine lately? You might be having an allergic reaction to something. Ugh, cysts are terrible.

I have a little concern. My face has been doing extremely well, but i have always had a problem with my nose area. I use to have mild break outs on my nose, and now im stuck with scars from those breakouts. AND just recently (about 3 weeks maybe) ive began to break out on my nose again (NO changes in my routine have been made). But after reading a little of this thread, im going to try the disinfectant and changing my bedding more often. I really think that may be the problem..:shock::(

Honestly all those creams and those acne 'facts'.. oh acne isnt caused by dirt , acne isnt caused by what you eat.. BULL****!
I find whenI cleanse my face thoroughly I get little to NO breakouts. When I eat right and take the right supplements = little to no breakouts.. and yes chocolate does cause pimples.. who the hell made up these 'facts'?

^ I'd be happy if that would also apply to me. But it simply doesn't :( Because even though I do all I can -with following the right diet and "lifestyle" (no ciggys or alcohol), taking supplements and cleaning my skin everyday- it still doesn't seem to work.

Anyway, michyed: I'll see my dermatologist next week and I guess I'll ask her about hormone-treatment etc. Because to me it also seems the only reason why my skin is that irritated atm... just an't find another explanation :unsure:

^I'm the same as you Nijuyanah. I don't smoke/drink/do dairy and yet still I have awful skin. I have a very good skin regime too. But my skin doctor reassured me that it wasn't me not cleaning my skin well enough or a poor diet. I know that mine is hormonal,and more than that,hereditry. Both of my parents have bad skin,I was doomed from the start! If it was as simple as a face wash or not eating chocolate,then this thread would cease to exist. WebowyStegner,I think you must be quite lucky if you know what causes your pimples and how you can clear them,but for the rest of us it sadly isn't that simple.

Honestly all those creams and those acne 'facts'.. oh acne isnt caused by dirt , acne isnt caused by what you eat.. BULL****!
I find whenI cleanse my face thoroughly I get little to NO breakouts. When I eat right and take the right supplements = little to no breakouts.. and yes chocolate does cause pimples.. who the hell made up these 'facts'?

Precisely. Acne/pimples are caused by numerous reasons. Just the fact that my skin cleared up when I became vegan just proved to me that dermatologists are stupid enough to tell me that my diet has nothing to do with my acne. I gave up on those medical facts because most of them were used by my derma to trick me into buying endless products that made my acne worse; and each time a product didn't work they'd recommend another one. I have calculated that I've at least spent over $500 dollars on prescribed acne medications that didn't work. That price doesn't even include the checkups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->