The Acne Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have acne but I'm so hot that I need some ice...I'm buyin' some!

Thats some good advice...I'll be on the look out for some....Also, Stridex Fruittherapy Blemish lotion works really well...Its cleared up a lot for me. :wink:

i just ordered some proactiv last week...i hope it comes in soon! ive been reading the past posts about proactiv and it seems like its been a good product. I hope it works on me...cause i have blemishes and new pimples forming...*sob* please please work for me! hehe

Originally posted by Lylac@Nov 27th, 2003 - 12:56 pm
Well i'm still a teen and i had acne from about the age of 12 to the beginning of this year: last year i went to the doctor and the only pills she got me that worked was the pill-dianette. it's a pill designed especially for busting spots and acting as birth control. In conjunction with it i used the simple skin care range for oily skin-together they work wonders.
I have before and after pics but i'd need extreme persuasion to show them to anyone, i hate them! I have my hair tied back and that's bad enough anyway and no-make up-but the condition of my skin in january is what's most embarrassing!
be careful about birth control pills, they will make you stop growing if you are a teen.

The hormones in them close your growth plates quicker, so watch out if you wanna be 5'10 like Cindy Crawford! B)

In addition i would say a well balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg but the important thing is to drink loads of water too!

There is this product available with prescription from your dermatologist called benzaclin, which is a cream that treats skin with acne. I tried a bit of it from a friend, and it dried out my skin while it dried, so its fast :o .....but actually I was feeling that when I opened my mouth, my whole face moved at the same time, of how tight it was...I needed moisture. But I really have to say that it did cleared up overnight any blemish on my skin. This one is actually really expensive, let's talk about 140 dollars or so, but if your insurance covers it, its just 40 to 50 dollars.

i use benzaclin.....its very drying....i'm so bad at following a regimine :innocent: but when i use it by the morning it's dried up the major spots ...i would go to the derm... i'm on minocycline, erythromycin in the AM and benzacline in the PM and when i follow my routine my skin is great!

Oxy Maximum Strenght Acne Wash- also very very cheap and very very hard to find (at least it was for me!). It has more benzoyl peroxide than something my derm would prescribe. It is very drying but for those who know BP works for them - I highly reccomend it. I can't really use it to wash my whole face very often but I dabble some if I feel a zit on the way! :innocent:

i must try...also, i like to use Neutrogena Acne Wash...i think thats what it is called, but it works well

am - simple moisturising cleanser
pm- eve lom cleanser

what is this ice wash like? granulated? foam? liquid? strong?
i wanna know about its substance

i've been using alpha hydroxy and benzoyl peroxide, which has cleared me up like 70% :smile:

Hi....sooo new to this. I'm 30 with two kids, work outdoors, and have had acne since the sixth grade. It took me a long time to find something to fix my acne. Like everyone else, I have tried everything, including the sun (literally). Some said that would help. I'm happy with this:
1. Cetaphil (WONDERFUL) cleanser
2. Almay Milk or Decelerating LOTION (important, because people with acne usually have oily skin and creams aggravate)
3. Mudd Spa Treatment 5 minute mask (1 or 2 times a week)
4. Plenty of water
Alot of treatment like Neutrogena, etc. irritaed my skin because it is sensitive. Judging from your facial routine, you have probably irritated your skin from the scrubs and masks. Sensitive skin products are wonderful. Almay is great. All products from them are for sensitive skin.
Hope this helps!!!! :D

I have been an acne sufferer for about 3 years, and i still have problems with my skin (discoloration & uneven skin tone).
anyway, what i would personally recommend is benxoyl peroxide 2.5 cream (neutrogena on the spot) but be careful, it either works wonderfully and gets rid of zits oooor makes skin a little dry and flaky.
another wonderous products to use it alpha hydroxy 8% which basically helps heal stuff like blackheads and smoothes out skin AND makes it look more even-toned.
goood luck! :flower:

i rarely ever get acne and when i do i pop them :P
my grandpa is a doctor and i read in one of his books that aloe vera works. i use the stuff and its a miracle! i luv aloe vera. i use it every night one my face and i haven't seen pimples for ages :rolleyes:

i've got sensitive, very fair, normal - dry skin.
i had moderate/sever acne startin at the age of 12. now, i am 14, but i've been pretty clear for about 3 months.
from personal experience, i really recommend Clinique's Emergency Acne Solutions gel. i really don't usually trust clinique, but this is a very gentle benzoyl peroxide product which works wonderfully. to eliminate acne marks and blackheads, i would recommend an AHA/BHA product such as clinique's total turnaround or la prairie's retexturizing booster.

I try to stick to the same products, but I do switch them in the winter because my skin gets extremely dry. The facial wash I use in the winter is Resurgence Renewing Cleansing Cream by Murad (link). It is a little pricey, but a you only need a dime size to get your entire face. The rest of the year I use Pick-Me-Up Pink Grapefruit Foaming Cleanser by DDF (link), and you can use that on your face, chest, and back! My skin gets disgustingly oily in the summer, and that is the best facial wash I have found yet! If you have money to spend, try Arsoa. They also have sample sizes. The stuff is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. and lasts forevah!

Make sure you use an oil-free moisturizer. There really isn't a big difference between department store brands and drug store brands (I mean, unless you are talking about Creme de la Mer! :P ) I use Oil-Free SPF 15 Olay Complete. There are no oil glands around your eyes, so you might want to get a different moisturizer for that area.

When my skin flairs up, I use salicylic acid in the daytime and benzoyl peroxide in the night time, and applying it only to the areas that need it. You can get both of those at a drugstore, and it doesn't matter which brand you get, because they are all the same. If you do wear makeup frequently, make sure that the products you are using are oil-free. And make sure you remove ALL of it at the end of the day! Any opportunity you have to go foundation-free, do it. All that stuff does is clog up your skin.

If you have trouble with blackheads, the only real way to get rid of those is either through drastic medication measures (accutane is and should be used at a last resort!) or diet changes. Eliminating trans-fats and adding in good fats (omegas, found in flax oil and fish such as salmon; unsaturated fats, found in olive oil) will do a world of good for your skin.

Remember, whenever you change your skin care regime, your skin will have a fit! It takes time for new skin cells to resurface and pimples to go away, so give your new skincare routine time to work. :flower:

Sorry to write a book on this subject, but it is something on which I have become well educated!! :smile:

Okay. I'm going to prom this year. Usually girls get their hair done, but my hair is very short and can only really be done in one style, so I'm not going to get it done at a salon. Instead I've asked my mom to help me get rid of my acne for prom. I have lots of black heads and big pimples all across my chest, back, and face. I'm wearing a strapless dress so my chest and back will be pretty visible. My face acne is pretty coverable but I'm really worried about how to get rid of my chest acne and teehee backne.

So my question is... is there a form of a facial for my chest and back I can get. How far ahead should I get it in order to be all clear for prom?

It's really awkward describing your acne to random fashion lovers online.... :wink:

i dunno how to get rid of acne, fortunate enough never to have had it...

but with black heads i know for face just make sure u dont get a facial the day of the prom or the day before...
because facials normally aggitate ur skin n make u have mini break outs or red patches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->