The Blazers Thread

PrinceOfCats

Naturellement pulpeuse
Reaction score
Sorry, I would have edited my other post but the edit function won't work...

Does anyone know where I can find a thin-lapel blazer a la Dior Homme? It's just I can't find the real thing (except on Yoox and it's not my size). It needs to be thin-lapel, black and have a very narrow waist. Thanks.

I need to find a Blazer, but I don't know where to go? I live in Arizona, not exactly the fashion capitol of the world, and to make matters worse, there is oly one good mall in my area ... I want a jean or maybe a corduroy one.. aynone have any suggestions? please and thank you! Oh and im a guy so keep that in mind! :wink:

It's very hard to find a blazer for men in jeans or corduroy around, Banana Republic had one a few months ago, maybe they still have it, on sale.

What about Suede?

br192288-00p1.jpg

Try Yoox and Bluefly. There's a really nice Daniel Alessandrini one on Yoox (not cord but hey)...

now that i saw ur pic, they are great for you! just perfect :wink:

You could use this because it is not too feminine and at the same time it is very elegant :flower: . If you want this youu should do a phone order with them: 1-212-980-2970 just ask for look 1 of the SS 2004 femmes then you should be able to do a reserve

dont buy the urban outfitters ones! such a rip off! don't get me wrong, i love urban outfitters, but you can get the same look by going to a goodwill or the like and getting one for 2 bucks and pasting on your own cool stuff.

i got a pinstripe one for 3 dollars and ironed on a transfer of the ramones logo on the back.

check ebay too

I didn't know where to put this so I put it here - shoot me if you will.

Why the blazes do Donna Karan's blazers always have round shoulders? I tried a silk/wool mix one on today that we just got into the stockroom and although I have very broad shoulders the shoulders on it were slouching all over the place. I've had a look at a few more on the internet and they all have round shoulders too. Is this deliberate? :unsure:

I find the cuts of her mens line to be a bit chunky at times. Sometimes I've taken a small in her sweaters and I lean towards a med/large. I believe its deliberate because slightly squared/tapered (hence, proper) fitting blazers won't sell in Macys, Lord and Taylor, etc....where the DKNY line is sold.

She cuts an even worse pant IMO....

Do you work for the line? :unsure: I don't mean to pry, but you said stockroom.

dkny and donna karan menswear is designed and cut with the american male in mind...who is decidedly stockier than his euro and asian counterparts...the fuller cut accomodates the beer gut nicely...and the relaxed fit is tolerable to the north american male... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 9 2004, 06:31 PM
dkny and donna karan menswear is designed and cut with the american male in mind...who is decidedly stockier than his euro and asian counterparts...the fuller cut accomodates the beer gut nicely...and the relaxed fit is tolerable to the north american male... :innocent:
[snapback]361332[/snapback]​

what softie said.

Thank you theory, softgrey and faust.

Theory I work in Oxfam's local charity store stockroom! :rofl: (rich district though so we get lots of expensive stuff donated - Jaeger, Country Casuals, Armani and all that conservative crap).

Okay I wanted to see what ya'll thought of this blazer? It's Marc Jacobs and I could buy it at a VERY good price.. But I don't know if I should get it and if it looks too old for me (16) to wear? It kind of reminds me of a jacket Ashley Olson would wear...
marc.jpg
marc2.jpg

Originally posted by Bonchic@Oct 18 2004, 04:33 PM
Okay I wanted to see what ya'll thought of this blazer? It's Marc Jacobs and I could buy it at a VERY good price.. But I don't know if I should get it and if it looks too old for me (16) to wear? It kind of reminds me of a jacket Ashley Olson would wear...
marc.jpg
marc2.jpg

[snapback]401097[/snapback]​

I don't know your personal style but you wouldn't catch me within a million miles of MJ and especially not that jacket...However, if you like the style of people like the Olsen's then maybe it's for you. I'm the same age as you and personally I would find that jacket a bit too young for me but it all comes down to what you like really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->