The Blazers Thread

I agree with Prince. I have an AMAZING vintage YSL suit that fit me perfect off the rack at Goodwill. I've bought tons of blazers at thrift stores this year and either tailored them myself if it wasn't too difficult, or had a professional do it. I have a tux jkt on today that I bought for $1.95 and had tailored to fit me perfect for $50 bucks. Plus, you'll have something truly unique. If you don't want to go that route, J Lindeberg makes fantastic suiting for the price (typically $350 and up).

sounds like a great idea. what do you tell the tailor? and how do you go about finding a good tailor?

Costume National or Helmut Lang are worth a look, but I don't think they are as slim as Dior Homme (I can't wear Dior Homme, but can wear the other brands).

my husband just bought a Helmut Lang blazer that has a quite slim fitted shape. it's affordable too.

men's blazer

i wasn't really sure where to post this, but i'm looking for a men's casual blazer, all black, and preferably with verticle white stripes (?). i saw one earlier this season, but i can't remember where.

What Should Blazers or Sports Coats be made out of

What would be the best material for a single Blazer or Sports coat, something you would wear with Jeans or Slacks, Im thinking either Velvet or Suede, Im trying to avoid Cordoroy with every breathe in my body, Perhaps I should just stick to regular cotton ?

What about gabardine or cashmere? Does it need to be for every season?

Yeah, I'd say go with a classic wool, virgin wool if possible (it's softer)

Velvet is nice to have, but you need more classic jackets before you go for the more trendy stuff.

I want something I know Ill enjoy wearing though, I don't want to wear a blazer that makes me feel so typical, I think Ill go with velvet though. It will probably match alot of my clothes in a subtle way but make me stand out. Although cashmere is a interesting suggestion Ill probably look into that, if I can find a cashmere blazer this season.

BUMP

Anybody else totally digging blazers for this fall? This past cami trend has inspired me to invest in more blazers.

Gap has the best blazers. Velvet, corduroy, jeans, khaki.. Whatever, you name it, they have it. Or if you want a nice clean fitting jacket, Banana Republic is the place for you.

for me, it's theory's hayward style blazer... i love it. the fit is amazing. i can dress it up or down. i've heard you can find good blazers at american eagle too though...

How much would a Helmut Lang blazer retail for? I'm also thinking of Raf Simons. I need a blazer, hoodies, and knit sweaters as the winter season is coming.

Prince - Raf Simons maybe? But I'm not sure about his prices.

And for those of you who are looking for something more affordable, in the $190 price range - A/X for the slim cut.

Bump.

Alexa Chung wore a lovely blazer today. ^_^

I wonder where to find a decent, casual blazer to wear over clothes... that doesn't have shoulder pads in it. :lol:

^ ZARA has some good quality blazers for a decent price. They also go on sale. :smile:

if like me, you have trouble with zara sizing...the xs is waaayy too big!!...then go to topshop..i find their blazers are nice as well. ive also gotten a blazer from the little boys section in m&s lol...and its pretty cool when i rol up the sleeves cuz its all stripped lining...ive gotten tons of compliments on it and people wouldn't believe its a boys blazer!

urban outfitters has nice blazers as well. I have to say that I love this trend but its just a little too overexposed at the moment.

^ really? i was just there a couple days ago and couldn't find any! it must just be my location. hopefully i'll be able to find a nice blazer soon, though.
i saw this gorgeous one on a vintage site (i forget the name) but sadly, it was sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"