The Blush thread, all you need to know...

Can anyone recommend a great cream blush for me? I'm pretty pale so something pinky/peachy would do. Thank you!

whats a good highlighter? like bronzer that sparkles for the cheeks? thanks i know i saw lloreals but i dont know what its called or the color thanks

whats a good cheek hightlighter like a bronzer? whats the ones the celebs wear? i want a good one that makes my apples stand out and makes my face look thiner. thanks girls

Tushka, what skin tone do you have? I'm pale too, with a pinky undertone, and I always used a pink blusher. I was recommended to try Giorgio Armani Sheer Cream Blush Number One. This is a really subtle, bronzy colour, which I never thought would suit me. It actually works a ton better for me than using a pink blush, it makes me look more healthy and awake! This, I think, would also work for you MarcJacobsQueenBee!

MJQueenBee:

What exactly are you looking for? To highlight your cheeks or to contour your cheeks? If you want to highlight, which means add a touch of bronze shimmer on top of your cheekbones to define it and add a touch of warmth to your complexion; for that purpose, I would rec. BonneBell Bronzer (in a loose powder packaging), it's cheap, but very excellect quality. If you want to contour your cheeks, just add a matte brown blush under your cheek bones, that's what slims your face. I would rec. MAC powder blush taupe.

Tushka:

Maybeline mouse blush in pink frosting is an excellent pink blush for pale skin! It's very blendable, just like a cream blush, plus the staying power is as good as a powder blush.

why_fashion said:
I would rec. BonneBell Bronzer (in a loose powder packaging), it's cheap, but very excellect quality.

Yes! Somebody else that thinks Bonnebell's loose powder is excellent! I've used this stuff for 8 years, and just love it so much. It's great quality for its cheap price... a definitely deal. B)

I believe there's a Benefit product called Georgia Peach...something like that, might be worth checking out?

Also, about shimmery highlighting products, I like Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer, or Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector to use along cheek bones and around the eyes and temples. Both of these are liquid as opposed to using a powder or cream blush.

I use Stila's colour push-ups in Rogue Flash. It's sheer and gives me a really healthy flush. If I need to look more sphisticated and grown-up, I use Bobbi Brown's cream blush stick in Desert Rose. IMO, it's a little too creamy though.

I'm thinking of trying Pout's Blush flush to replace my Stila blush. Has anybody tried it?

flushBlush.jpg
(pout.co.uk)

shoegal2183, Pout has a colour called Peachy Passion, it's a great pinkish-peach. I've not tried it but I've read rave reviews on it in the BRitish INstyle.

i'm currently using nars orgasm blush and absolutely adore it. for spring i woud like to try a more "peachy/coral" look. can someone recommend something natural like (nars) orgasm? thanks in advance!

^I've heard that NARS Deep Throat is like Orgasm but more peachy, and NARS Torrid is a nice coral.

I've also heard good things about Benefit Georgia, which is a nice peach color.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a blush color(s)+highlighter that will give the same effect as Camilla Al Fayed's blush.. and application method if possible.. Thanx :flower:

source wireimage

^ I think she uses a colour like Nars Deep throat with a highlighter over it, like stila's all over shimmer

how do you find a good pink blush? esp if ur now sure about ur undertone?

how do you find a good pink blush? esp if ur now sure about ur undertone?

Look at the color of your cheeks when you've been in the cold for a while, or just worked up. That's the color you should choose. If you're still not sure, you're probably less likely to fail with a pink that's a bit on the peachy side.

I'm using NARS Amour because I wanted a blush of theirs without shimmer. To my surprise, it matches my natural flush almost perfectly. Glad I surpassed Orgasm.

chocolatestain Thanx!!! I have those colors actually.. will definitely try it !!

I have been using a pink toned pressed powder lately as a subtle blush. I dunno, I kinda like it since most blush looks too bold on my PPP skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->