The Blush thread, all you need to know...

mademoiselle_w said:
I like gel better. I am fair and uses babydollish pink all the time.

Which is a better product, Benetint or Tarte?

I have both and I luv both of them...but since Tarte is lil more sticky, so maybe Benetint works better... it stays for the whole day too, give u a perfect pinky blush =)

jenn said:
shu uemura glow ons - hands down the best

i have been reading raves about that! what color do u use, jenn and what do u like about it?

Have the Tarte Gels in Blushing Bride, Tickled Peach and Flush but I got bored with them after I collected them. They look gorgeous on, but they get sticky and shiny. Lately I've been using Stila convertible colors in Gladiola, Rose and Peony and I'm quite happy with them even though my skin is on the oilier side.

novaII said:
Have the Tarte Gels in Blushing Bride, Tickled Peach and Flush but I got bored with them after I collected them. They look gorgeous on, but they get sticky and shiny. Lately I've been using Stila convertible colors in Gladiola, Rose and Peony and I'm quite happy with them even though my skin is on the oilier side.

--Thanks to this wonderful board, I won't be wasting my money on the Tarte Gels.

--I agree with the above... I have Stila convertible blush in Peony and love it. The texture is great.

--Since it's getting warmer, would you think powder or cream is better as a blush for summer?

Golden_butterfly said:
What colour do I use having " yellow - ish " complexion ?

For yellow-ish complexions, I found you can wear pretty much any color (oranges, peaches, pinks, bronzes...) that other complexions wear. Don't limit yourself just because you think there are certain "rules" to follow. Of course, there are probably a few obvious exceptions... like dark bronze blush on pale skin, etc.

But that never stopped the Harajuku Girls...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, It's not fair!!! I asked my friend to bring me some nice blushes from Paris. I asked for Nars Mata hari and Mac Tenderling. And what do you think she wrote me in her SMS? That all shops, including Sephora, Printemps, Galeree Lafaiette run out of my shades!!!
No pink at all! She only bought Mac in Pinch o'Peach! Also my long wanted Shu Uemura curler (it was in stock at least)

the blush that comes in the beach bunny quickie from Too Faced is incredible...completely warms up the face!

I dont recc. Benetint or anything like that- perhaps gels are not the greatest either- if your skin is less than perfect then it actually looks uneven, because the dryer areas absorb more color and the smoother areas take in less color... so you get a blotchy effect in the end...

Get the Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in #30A, it's the *BEST* shade, it has the uncanny ability to be pink/peach however you choose to wear it. It's a nice in-between shade and it's just plain gorgeous !

If anyone has access, do check out Shu's 22nd Boutique Birthday collection (available in Asia) and there is this really pretty mousse blush in Air Rose that is just so gorgeous ! It is mousse in the jar but when you apply it on your skin, it turns powdery. It's really easy to apply and the color is out of this world !!

I just got the Clinique Gel Blush in black honey (you can see in on their website) and I love it to death. Only 12 bucks and available all over the place. I'm a bit yellowish, especially as my summer tan fades away, and it adds a great healthy-looking flush to my face. Love love love it. And works as a great lip stain too under a bit of chapstick or gloss. Really easy to apply for me, unlike Benetint and Tarte, which I find way too watery. (I have really dry skin, so this might not be good for those with oily?)

Bleck5 said:
i love benetint!

Amen to that! I love my Benetint! Even when I was cycling a lot, it still stayed on. Even through the rain and the sweat!

The *best* product! :heart: :flower:

Justine said:
I just got the Clinique Gel Blush in black honey (you can see in on their website) and I love it to death. Only 12 bucks and available all over the place. I'm a bit yellowish, especially as my summer tan fades away, and it adds a great healthy-looking flush to my face. Love love love it. And works as a great lip stain too under a bit of chapstick or gloss. Really easy to apply for me, unlike Benetint and Tarte, which I find way too watery. (I have really dry skin, so this might not be good for those with oily?)

On the contrary, stains and gel blushes are good for oilier skins because they really stain! ^_^ so they don´t come off as easily as powder blushes.

On the other hand, on dry skins stains tend to stay where the skin is drier, therefore sometimes they don´t spread as well. I sometimes mix a bit of my Clinique gel blush with a tiny bit of moisturizer so that it´s easier to spread. :wink:

oooo black honey sounds nice...at least the lipstick is good, the blush must be even better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->