The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
first all of you are complaining that models are too thin and now there is a less-thin/more healthy model and you are saying she is "fat" and "chubby"! :angry:

although i love the proenza dress on alexa, she seems to look even thinner than ever?? :(
5189156127_0a8bb46e26.jpg

5189156131_05d410ecce_b.jpg

Source: Vogue.com

I do not agree, I think they do need to be close to perfection most of the times because that's what they are payed for. I do not look perfect, but i also do not make a living, and a very good one, based on something as superficial as the way i look. So yes i do think her belly does not look good at all for a model. Yes it is better than the average I know, but that's not that difficult, i live in a country when the average size is a 16 and the government is trying desperately to make people lose weight.
Whatever your job is, you are not perfect at it. No one is.

Behati is paid by the client, so she should do what the client asks of her, and she clearly does since she's been rehired. NO ONE is supposed to look perfect, not even models. That is a pretty sick attitude IMO.

I don't know the name of this model, she is with Silent Paris agency, maybe she was already discussed, but she looks in a very sad situation to me :(

2upqvpk.jpg
9gvevd.jpg

models.com

I do not agree, I think they do need to be close to perfection most of the times because that's what they are payed for. I do not look perfect, but i also do not make a living, and a very good one, based on something as superficial as the way i look.

Well, you can't discount that models are human beings too, and even if designers are "creating art" using them, there have to be some limits to what they demand of a model, physically.

I, personally, don't believe models need to look like the "average woman on the street" or be a size 16 or whatever. As far as I'm concerned, it's ok to ask a model to keep their hip measurements to 36 inches or under, that is at least a semi-reasonable expectation from a grown woman's body in a business that needs models to be slender. But it's nothing short of ridiculous when casting directors and designers start demanding only models with hip circumference of 33 inches and under (on a 5'9"-plus frame)- that is when I start thinking that someone needs to yank their heads out of the clouds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't quite understand why it is designers seem to so intensely love boyish hips? I mean, I always found the pear shape to be pretty beautiful. 35.5-36 inch hips are perfectly small but still quite lovely in my opinion. If girls can maintain 33-34 inch hips without extraneous efforts, then kudos to them and go for it. But it's really quite unfair to have a 25 year old woman try and fight nature and starve herself down there.

you know what? good for behati. im glad at least one girl didnt put her body under heavy stress. VS hired her for her looks, body, and personality. Clearly they didnt see anything wrong with her body. I would love her even if her thighs touched (lol)

the argument people seem to be making about behati's weight is that she shouldn't look like that if she's going to be a highly-paid model who represents fantasy. But I know plenty of men who like a little more cusion for the pushin.

it's almost as if -GASP- there is no universal standard for beauty??

I was offended by the Americans comment and I can assume non-native english speakers were also offended by other remarks as well.
I will point out that English isn't my first language either, but I'll leave it at that :wink:

I mean, we're all mostly women and gay men at this forum, right? Is a muscle bound, broad chinned, statue what we all want in a man? Personally, I LOVE a bit of a gut.

I mean, we're all mostly women and gay men at this forum, right? Is a muscle bound, broad chinned, statue what we all want in a man? Personally, I LOVE a bit of a gut.

:innocent:.....:lol:

But yeah I get what you're saying. That was my main argument for Chanel in the show. How not every women needs to be shapely and buxom to be sexy.

I don't know the name of this model, she is with Silent Paris agency, maybe she was already discussed, but she looks in a very sad situation to me :(
models.com

Who is she? :huh::( face looks a bit like Victoire but she isn't crazy thin like that.

Where on models.com was this, anyway?

Whatever your job is, you are not perfect at it. No one is.

Behati is paid by the client, so she should do what the client asks of her, and she clearly does since she's been rehired. NO ONE is supposed to look perfect, not even models. That is a pretty sick attitude IMO.
I agree!!!! Aslo who's to say what's perfect? Perfect is just way too hard to live up to IMO

This is a late response, but oh well. I love how you all have literally taken Chanel apart in this thread for not having a "sexy" body, yet you all praise and stand in veneration of models, who for the most part, do not have what the GENERAL public would consider "SEXY" bodies. Who were the girls at the VS show with "sexy" bodies? "Sexy" is subjective.

RE: All the Chanel/Adriana talk earlier

I don't think that it's that Adriana's body is "relateable" as much as it's "attainable". Adriana's weight has fluctuated, and her body is very womanly- which, fact of the matter is, is much more common amongst even high school aged young women than Chanel's figure. If you watch what you eat and work out like crazy, you might be able to pull off looking like Adriana (just probably shorter). If you weren't born to have a body like Chanel's, you never will.

Ultimately, though, most of the Chanel bashing- whether it will be admitted or not- is due to the fact that she is a terrible model, and her detractors (myself included) will take any opportunity to challenge her status in the modeling world. :P

** a girl who cannot help that her breasts don't fall to her ankles and her stomach isn't a bowling ball. It's like you all want Chanel to be average, normal, BORING. She can't. She has stated several times again that she eats what she wants and cannot gain a pound. Should she be placed on the block for that?

But then again, I would still like to know, where were the "sexy" girls at VS? Oh wait, let me guess, these girls that are "sexy" have what you all like to call "model curves." Give me a break. I don't know if you all notice or not, but every time you bash Chanel, another thousand dollars is deposited into her bank account. Your bashing isn't influencing VS; her wings are evident of that. :lol: It's funny, instead of applauding Chanel for not falling into the obvious pressure many agencies place on models, pressure that shows itself as eating disorders, you all find any little thing to nitpick. How silly.

Sidebar: If Chanel is a terrible model, then so is 85 percent of the fashion industry's model elite. She STANDS OUT from the pack. Most of them look the same and portray a clear lack of any sort of quality besides beauty. Chanel is a girl that WANTS it, enjoys being out there, and isn't going anywhere. **

^Eek but really, who is this? It really looks a little like Victoire but I can't be sure :ninja:

Hmm, well it's definitely Victoire. I hadn't seen that video before...

She is very lean, but I never realised her shoulders were that bony.

there's been a lot of chanel/VS discussion lately, and here she is at a promo with adriana, lily aldridge + erin heatherton and in my opinion, she hardly looks skinnier than any of them- even Adriana.

Victorias-Secret-Models.jpg

skinny vs curvy

Yup and she hasn't gained one pound. Its always been her narrow hips that made her look smaller. Every girl at the show generally has the same leg size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->