The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between Amanda and Vika is that Amanda is extraordinarily beautiful while Vika is just convertionally pretty. She could lose weight all she wants without going anywhere. Height/propotions could also be a problem as she will most likely suffer from this so-called "lollipop syndrom" a la Snejana when losing weight. Well, moreover Vika is placed to Direct NY which is Women's high end commercial division, so runway will most likely never be an option for her.

Thank you for sharing your opinions people.

I just wanted to see how do you people think...cause imo she needs to lost weight, but I know that being the whole time in the fashion industry can make people have the disordered picture about what is normal(like in my case thinking that she needs to lost weight ).I am sure that she is really fit girl in real life, but I don't see her as a model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just find her proportions weird... It looks like she has a looong bust and pretty short legs... :ninja:

There's nothing wrong with her proportions; I'd say that rather hf models are "weird" with their exceptionally long legs and short torsos. She has Alessandra Ambrosio body type and she can be successful as commercial model.

^ Some of the female 'pros' on Dancing with the Stars look like they could lose some weight, especially if they were to model things, and heaven knows they are super fit working out as many hours a day as they do...Model shape, 'normal' weight and proportions are just not the same things!! I read that many of the girls who make the team for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are told to lose weight, and they are generally in terrific shape, but by the standards of the team and that uniform, it just isn't a 'normal' thing... :huh:

bit of a double standard, no? obviously it's the same body either way, but when we think it's Tiiu it looks okay, and when we find out it's just Olga, that's cringeworthy? ...

It's less that I thought it was okay when it was Tiuu and more that despite the picture I thought she was still possibly healthy as her body is distorted by the sheet and it could just be an extreme shot. Upon finding out that it's Olga I realized that no, the angle is not extreme that it's just the usual scariness I'm used to seeing from Ms. Sherer.

I'm all against so called "naturally" boney, starved girls but for some reason I do believe for once, that Olga does just look like that. I haven't seen a single pic of her where she does look sick or worn out. No cracked lips, red eyes, blue limps or chalky skin. It's weird, but to me she's a true freak of nature.

^I feel the same way about her. For whatever reason I've just never seen her as having a problem.

I do believe there are people who are "freaks of nature" in terms of their extreme body type - but I don't want to see them in magazines. It's the same with blue hands, whatever the reason behind them, I still have no time for the sight of them.

Overall, it's an aesthetic of illness, and I don't like the look of it, regardless of whether or not it's occasionally natural for certain people to have that appearance. By all means, let's have models that are impossibly tall and thin, but why do they have to look like death? Why can't we have girls that combine a look of slenderness with a sense of being vibrantly alive?

And then people get used to the sight of models that have limbs that look like they're going to snap, and that becomes the accepted standard, and before you know it, you're in a world where you need a new dictionary, because the definition of "fat" has changed beyond all reasonable recognition.

So-called "Freaks-of-nature" are rare. Most of the women you see modeling beyond their teens take effort--some more drastically than others- to keep their weight from naturally increasing as it does with the majority of people as they age. It is normal for majority of people population to get heavier as they age--not waste away to extreme thinness. Of course there are always exceptions but these are rare. Women who are claiming they eat everything they want but look emaciated are either lying or need their thyroids checked. Of course later when they write their autobiography we will discover the truth of how they didn't eat or threw up whatever they did eat to stay thin.

How many models have to come foward with tales of disordered eating and extreme weight loss measures for people to give up this fantasy that all models are just naturally thin and can eat what they want? More importantly when will people give up this worship of model thiness? Some of the commentary in the model threads is sickening in praise of emaciated bodies. There are people are gushing over models' bony legs to ridiculous degree. Surely there are more admirable qualities to be found in someone other than their ability to be bone-thin.

I know it's been discussed, but I still think Julia Saner is looking way too thin, her legs don't really exist.

As skeletal as I find Chanel to be in pictures, she didnt look THAT bad in the show yesterday. I guess the camera really does add ten pounds:shock:

As skeletal as I find Chanel to be in pictures, she didnt look THAT bad in the show yesterday. I guess the camera really does add ten pounds:shock:

That's why VS covers her so much. Have you noticed how her stomach is ALWAYS covered on the runway? It's not so much that she is bony. More that she has narrow hips. I cringed a bit when i saw her body and bare stomach during the wings part. Her body looks like that of a 10 year old girl, but stretched up.

^I actually think that they cover Chanel, because she's bony. Gisele, Ana BB, Doutzen have narrow hips, and non existing waist-to-hips ratio, but they always wore quite revealing outfits. I think it's a matter of size not body type.

That's why VS covers her so much. Have you noticed how her stomach is ALWAYS covered on the runway? It's not so much that she is bony. More that she has narrow hips. I cringed a bit when i saw her body and bare stomach during the wings part. Her body looks like that of a 10 year old girl, but stretched up.
So out of curiosity, I googled Chanel Iman VS show and your right she is always covered..hmm I never noticed that before. Good observation

I looked for some recent pictures of Jane, I also see a huge difference :ninja: She was such a healthy-looking teenager, she looked better back then in my opinion.

Victoria's Secret Models Discuss Their Love Of Fatty Foods

340x_screen_shot_2010-11-29_at_11.08.49_am.jpg
According to bombshells Erin Heatherton and Chanel Iman, being "too skinny ... isn't sexy" and runway preparation entails eating "a lot, a lot." Are these responses genuine or an attempt to lessen the focus on the industry's harsh beauty standards?
Regardless, we'd still trade our left leg to look like either one of them.
Watch these ladies and the rest of the angels walk in The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show "A Night Of A Thousand Fantasies" when it airs tomorrow night.

gawker.tv

Watch the video HERE

This infuriates me, especially what Chanel says. IF it's true (and I'm not entirely sold on it being so), it comes off as bragging to me, rubbing it in the faces of millions that they can't eat a gross, excessive amount of calories and look like a supermodel. If it's not, she's just straight up lying. Either way... I feel like models talking about food in this way is just not a good idea.

All lies, really, that video made me dislike Chanel Iman even more. Kinda ironic that Chanel is saying that being too skinny isn't sexy...

At least the other angels are realistic about their bodies. Adriana always talks about working out and so does Ale and Candice. The day those two bimbos leave VS is the day I will rejoice.

^Either extreme youth and high metabolism or straight out lying....I vote for the later... (They don't sell those 'Please don't feed the Models' t shirts in Soho for nothing...) B)

if you see a girls like chanel or erin saying they eat, eat, eat, you obviously are not going to believe it, but of they say they do eat but healthy food and exercise like 3 times a week, then that would be some people would believe... either if its true or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->