The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

#1 Kate Moss by Luigi & Iango, from ermannoscervino.com

1LfAbEkh_o.png
aZdMwn3l_o.png

^I don't know what exactly happened, but this thread is slowly becoming dead. If it wasn't for cottonmouth, paul, and voguegirl, this thread doesn't have as much entries as it had before.

Should I change the theme, does it have to do with the interest of TFS users for fashion magazines, or is it because we have repetitive winners per week?

I'm still here! I've just been feeling strangely uninspired for a month!

Thank you lots, @crmsnsnwflks ! I appreciate it.

With the new theme I would like us all to remember why we got into fashion. I want to remind us all with its greatest moments.

The new theme is Iconic.

Newton, Penn, Avedon, Knight, Mert & Marcus, Testino, Meisel… One moment they were at their prime, and producing their best work. Also so were the greatest models: Dovima, Lauren Hutton, Christy Turlington, Erin O’Connor, Kristen McMenamy, Lara Stone, Daria Werbowy, Kirsten Owen, Suvi Koponen…

For the covers this week choose the best of the best. Not necessarily the most well-known imagery, maybe some icons that we could forget at moments like… Angela Lindvall for Prada, or Natasha Poly for Gucci, those that made us go “This is why I love fashion”.

Good luck!

Entry 1: Gisele Bundchen by Steven Meisel; pinterest

Vi Gisele-min.jpg

This is one of the images that sparked my interest in fashion.
I was a freshman in high school and I remember seeing it on
US Vogue February 2001 with Karolina Kurkova on the cover.
At first, it was the studded boot that drew me in and then when
I looked at the image again, I found the necklace to be so stunning.
I think I've scanned this campaign numerous times just to admire it.

I didn't even know Gisele's name back then. All I know was her face. :rofl:

Natasha Poly by Mert & Marcus
TFS
I was into fashion since I was about 13, but this image was what got me really into fashion, not just watching Fashion TV runways, but going into magazines and internet and exploring. I remember I was completely obsessed with Mert & Marcus work, particularly for POP and LOVE at that time. It was crazy, I would count days until the magazine would release and then come here to see the editorials. I still have the LOVE issue with the Downton Abbey cast signed by Mert & Marcus. Then Steven Meisel phase came and I became as obsessed with him. What times those were.

5UcMsMrq_o-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamascoTricepudo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->