The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

Entry #3
Christy Turlington by Patrick Demarchelier
Christy_US_Harper's_Bazaar_1999.jpg

pleasurephoto.wordpress.com

This image was a good alternative of been a cover of US Harper's Bazaar July 1999, but the mag team choosed Tom Cruise as the cover boy, but anyway, i like the aesthetic of the whole photo that represents peace.

The actual story time! So first it was just me flicking through every possible magazine just to get a glimpse of Linda or Tatjana. Then came 1994 and Nadja really exploded to the scene with her bleached hair and almost alien proportions. It was only then when I actually started to read the magazines and pay attention to the fashion side. The year was incredible, Gaultier, Versace, Chanel.. it all blew my mind away. Am I wrong but does Nadja still hold the record for appearing simultaneously on the September cover of Vogue US, Harper's US and Vogue UK?
NADJAUS copy.jpg
This is embarrassing but I couldn't find the photographer. Also I hate doing Vogue US with the busy layout, different fonts and random italicized words, but maybe practice makes better.
theplace2.ru

Entry 3: Sharon Ganish by Steven Meisel; The Style Registry

VI Sharon.jpg

I know Versace isn't what it used to be when it comes to producing advertising campaigns
but let's admit it, they had some of the best ones ever produced in the history of fashion campaigns.
And to me, this is one of them. This sits second on my list next to the iconic F/W 2000 with Amber and Georgina.
Everything about this S/S 2002 campaign is truly divine, sexy and screams Versace.

For some reason I lost my interest in fashion and models around 2000's. When Suvi came to scene in 2006, with her being also Finnish, I was hooked again. I discovered MDC and since I had missed so many years I had no idea who was Natasha, Coco or Lily etc. I'm forever mad at MDC though for them removing her from the Icons. Anyway, not long after that I discovered TFS and here I am, making silly comments and fake covers!
suvi copy.jpg
Sorry, once again I can't credit.
theplace2.ru

I believe it is the time to announce the winner, and it is... @VogueGirl8910 !

The 4 VP covers did it for me.While 2005 to 2015 could be considered the worst for fashion and style, for the photography and editorial content, especially models, it is my personal best. It is just something for me about the Daria/Natasha/Raquel/Sasha and other girls of that generation that, personally, makes them much more special and iconic than the OG Supers such as Naomi, Christy and others (I never liked them anyway, to be honest, and the 'oldest' model I love is Kate, perhaps).

I miss that energy, white background, but they are all working it completely.

Shoutouts to @Paul Lintag with China Machado, she's always been a special model too, and one of my favourites.
@Toni Ahlgren with Nadja, I have never seen that shot and it is gorgeous.
@cottonmouth13 with Sharon and Versace, I mean... That and Angela cover, what great and unexpected choices, love it!

Thank you @dontbeadrag & the other users for participated on this challenge.

The next theme is...

Vogue Paris Covers styled by Emmanuele Alt

angela-lindvall-by-terry-richardson-vogue-paris-september-2001.jpg 9.jpg 3.jpg

You can choose a photo of your favorites editorials of VP styled by Emmanuelle between when she starting work in the mag to her last issue as EIC. It's a little tribute of her work in VP on these years & i hope the users make magic to create a striking cover of this theme.

Good luck. :lucky:

Entry No. 1
Imaan Hammam by Mario Testino

rZXiZjI.jpeg

TFS forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimsplayhard
Back