The Devil Wears Prada Movie

^Hahah, that's a nice one! ^_^ Good luck with your interns, I hope you'll also have the opportunity to learn a lot.

just started on the book.. chap7 and it's already pretty interesting. i wanted to finish reading before the movie comes out. i can't wait to see it and hope it's going to be a good one.

it's my fave chick-lit book. I finished reading it two weeks ago, I think. Lauren Weisberger is really a good author. I loved the moment Andrea told Miranda to f*ck off, it was gr8!

smartarse, better watch it or someone may write a tell-all book about you! :lol:

Ooh, stupid little me, I got it the other way round! :blush: Anyway, cosmogrl5 may be right. :D And I still remember similar tasks from my first internship (unfortunately, except for the designer clothes part) and at that point I quite enjoyed it, so I believe all depends on the atmosphere... and the boss' personality. ^_^

Thought this was pretty interesting. It is from this week's US Weekly.

Designers Say No to Devil

Does the devil really wear Prada? Rumor has it that Vogue editor Anna Wintour, 56, threatened to blacklist designers who participated in the June 30 movie about a boss from hell said to be based on the powerful fashionista. While a Vogue rep calls the rumor a "total fabrication," The Devil Wears Prada stylist Patricia Field admits "some designers didn't participate" (a rep for Jean Paul Gaultier says he opted out because they were "concerned with the content"). But Field, who worked with the Sex and the City cast, did work with top labels, including Gucci, Valentino, and yes, Prada. Says Field, "There are so many clothes out there that if somebody doesn't want to work with you, it's not like your life has ended."

I adore the book, and with the styling, plus the scenarios, plus Meryl Streep and the very nice colors it was filmed, I'm really looking forward to this movie. Although I missed the british accent in the trailer. "Is it really that hard, An-Dre-Ah?"

devilwearsprada01.jpg

devilwearsprada02.jpg

devilwearsprada03.jpg

devilwearsprada04.jpg

devilwearsprada05.jpg

devilwearsprada06.jpg

devilwearsprada07.jpg

devilwearsprada08.jpg

devilwearsprada09.jpg

devilwearsprada10.jpg

all stills from thedevilwearsprada.com

i can't wait for the movie! the preview is on right now. it looks like they cast this movie perfectly! anne hathaway seems like a great fit for an-dre-ah!

I read the book and loved it..

Although I don't think Meryl Streep (while I love her as an actress) was right for the part. And hopefully after this movie I'll like the main actress.. because I'm kind of on the fence about her.. having only seen her in Princess Diaries..

But other than that I'm excited to see the movie... especially now that I know Ms Bundchen is in it.. :lol:

Bixby said:
But other than that I'm excited to see the movie... especially now that I know Ms Bundchen is in it.. :lol:

Me too. That just made me even more eager to see it. She looks really pretty in that pic above. Love the outfit.

Thx for the pics - I love the fact that Gisele is there! I wonder if she'll be banned from editorials for Vogue US for doing that! :D

milamar said:
Thx for the pics - I love the fact that Gisele is there! I wonder if she'll be banned from editorials for Vogue US for doing that! :D
No in fact she isnt.She has an editorial in Vogue June issue so its all just a tabloid bull!If i was Anna i would put Anne H. on the cover you know just for fun and to get more people to talk about!:P :blush: :o

I read the book and its not good written not even for a chick lit!But thats why i think movie will be bettre!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to see Just My Luck today and they played previews for TDWP. The preview must have been the 1st ten minutes of the movie or something (the strangest way I have ever seen previews donw before). Anyway, it looks awesome. I am even more excited to see it now. Anne looked beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->